Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

WE CAN DO IT!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

JETSTAR TITANS v CANBERRA RAIDERS
    5.30pm, Skilled Park
    Saturday, August 20
    1 Jordan Rankin
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 William Zillman
    4 Dominique Peyroux
    5 David Mead
    6 Beau Henry
    7 Preston Campbell
    8 Luke Bailey (c)
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Greg Bird
    INTERCHANGE
    14 Brenton Lawrence
    15 Will Matthews
    16 Bodene Thompson
    17 Luke O’Dwyer
    18 Clinton Toopi

Bailey gets the (c)
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Bailey gets the (c)
    About time

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Bailey gets the (c)
    If u watch the game while wearing Sports Ears u will know Bails has Always been the Captain & no one is game to tell him otherwise
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not that I'm complaining, but wasn't it stated last week that Presto would be the captain for the rest of the season?

I dont want Toopi to play again especially after his heart problem last week. Health before play in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonely Turtle View Post
    I dont want Toopi to play again especially after his heart problem last week. Health before play in my opinion.
    Well it was Zillman with the heart issue. But I don't think the club will risk Toopi.

Great to see Bailey as captain. He is a great leader and my respect for him grows with every game. Especially in the tough ones.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Not that I'm complaining, but wasn't it stated last week that Presto would be the captain for the rest of the season?
    Well I guess it was just for his 100th. I read into that being the remainder of the season.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Zillman happy travelling positions

By Nathan Ryan
    16 August 2011 05:47PM EST

GOLD Coast centre William Zillman has been a journey man of positions this season.

After kicking off 2011 at his preferred position of fullback, a position he naturally gravitates to, he found himself wearing the No.6.

He was just becoming accustomed to five-eighth when Beau Henry arrived at the club, meaning Zillman found himself playing in the centres, a position he is now beginning to grasp and enjoy.

?I don?t really mind. I have played more fullback so I probably feel more comfortable there,? Zillman said of the No.1 jersey.

?In saying that, I?ve I have played about eight games of five-eighth this year and really like being up in the line and now I have had a couple of games in the centres.

?I enjoy playing anywhere in the backline if I?m playing NRL.

?I take it more as a challenge and haven?t played any games in the centres until this year, it was a challenge and I?m enjoying it out there.?

Faceing his former club Canberra on Saturday, Zillman is eager to put his best foot forward when he again don?s jersey number three for the Titans this weekend against a team he began his career with in 2006 before leaving to join the Titans in 2009.

Still emotionally tied to the Green Machine, the 25-year-old Logan Brothers junior is pumped for the encounter.

He remains close friends with their skipper Alan Tongue, Joe Picker, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Glen Buttriss who are both out injured, the Queensland native admitted the Raiders still pull at his heart strings.

?It is exciting playing against them because I know all the boys and they?re always tough to beat,? Zillman told sportsnewsfirst.com.au of playing his former side.

?I would say I like coming up against them.

?I still certainly keep an eye on them... I?ve certainly got a lot of friends down there which is another good thing about playing them because we will get to catch up.?

Keeping tabs on his friends and old teammates, the fullback turned centre has been overly impressed by the Raiders two young second rowers in Josh Papalii and Joe Picker.

While Canberra has struggled to fire this season, Zillman believes the club's future is in safe hands.

?(Papalii?s) really good he?s only young as well,? said Zillman.

?Another back rower Joe Picker he has been going really well and they have a few good young players after a year or two can be a force to be reckoned with.?

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...ing-positions/

Zillman can't be watching too closely as Joe Picker hasn't played that many games this season due to injury and the rise of some of their other young backrowers in Fensom and Papalii.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I hope someone cleans Blake Ferguson up. He is close to the top of my NRL list for ppl I wanna slap.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I hope someone cleans Blake Ferguson up. He is close to the top of my NRL list for ppl I wanna slap.
    +1 to this, i feel the same aswell

GOLD Coast centre William Zillman has been a journey man of positions this season.

After kicking off 2011 at his preferred position of fullback, a position he naturally gravitates to, he found himself wearing the No.6.

He was just becoming accustomed to five-eighth when Beau Henry arrived at the club, meaning Zillman found himself playing in the centres, a position he is now beginning to grasp and enjoy.

?I don?t really mind. I have played more fullback so I probably feel more comfortable there,? Zillman said of the No.1 jersey.

?In saying that, I?ve I have played about eight games of five-eighth this year and really like being up in the line and now I have had a couple of games in the centres.

?I enjoy playing anywhere in the backline if I?m playing NRL.

?I take it more as a challenge and haven?t played any games in the centres until this year, it was a challenge and I?m enjoying it out there.?

Faceing his former club Canberra on Saturday, Zillman is eager to put his best foot forward when he again don?s jersey number three for the Titans this weekend against a team he began his career with in 2006 before leaving to join the Titans in 2009.

Still emotionally tied to the Green Machine, the 25-year-old Logan Brothers junior is pumped for the encounter.

He remains close friends with their skipper Alan Tongue, Joe Picker, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Glen Buttriss who are both out injured, the Queensland native admitted the Raiders still pull at his heart strings.

?It is exciting playing against them because I know all the boys and they?re always tough to beat,? Zillman told sportsnewsfirst.com.au of playing his former side.

?I would say I like coming up against them.

?I still certainly keep an eye on them... I?ve certainly got a lot of friends down there which is another good thing about playing them because we will get to catch up.?

Keeping tabs on his friends and old teammates, the fullback turned centre has been overly impressed by the Raiders two young second rowers in Josh Papalii and Joe Picker.

While Canberra has struggled to fire this season, Zillman believes the club's future is in safe hands.

?(Papalii?s) really good he?s only young as well,? said Zillman.

?Another back rower Joe Picker he has been going really well and they have a few good young players after a year or two can be a force to be reckoned with.?

www.sportsnewsfirst.com.a

Legion talk Podcast is up in HD on Youtube

Enjoy

Youtube link
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.