Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry for the topic kick, but yeah, I feel with you Titanic (although I'm more than half your age, so I can't really tell things from that perspective, plus I only rolled into this sport at the age of 21... which was near 4 years ago).

Ye know, it IS kinda hard for me to fly from Europe all the way over -- unless I'd be a millionaire and fly every x weeks back and forth, it's a simple no-go for me to even think of attending a match. I just envy you all -- I know I could watch some soccer matches here at the various stadiums, but... meeeh... I don't like soccer (even if I did, it doesn't have the same magic). Since we have to fully develop rugby league in my country yet, I just can't go anywhere (but at least I have been bugging my friends and family about League and the Titans, so they definitely know about the existence, so in that sense I accomplished my mission of spreading the joy )

As such, I was wondering, whether I can get the social membership to support the team in *some* way. But the thing is, I can't select my country from the drop-down list (or I should create a fake location in the UK or France for all I care)... Any suggestion or alternatives what I could do instead?

Far Away Fans is the go Chaserz, although you probably qualify for Furthest Away. How are you watching matches? I've given up on bbq's for the minute not because of the club but my wife pointed out that since we stopped them we've been winning ... lmao ... anything for a win.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I've given up on bbq's for the minute not because of the club but my wife pointed out that since we stopped them we've been winning ... lmao ... anything for a win.
    I thought it was my ritual that was putting the mocker on the boys..

Out the front of my place. I've raised and flown the large Titans Flag every match day on my Flagpole. I thought the ritual of raising it in the mornings may have been causing. But since I've taken up raising it the night before, the Lads have been knotchin' up the wins.

Then again, it could be the combo of both yours 'n my rituals, Titanic.
    Last edited by Toads; 04-06-12 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    I just envy you all -- I know
    I envy you Dutchies, Amsterdam is the best city in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    But since I've taken up raising it the night before
    My dear old dad told me I wasn't allowed to do that until after the game but I could never work that out as I was generally too stuffed by then.

Furthest away? Man, if you put it that way, it does place me in the freakshow bin, doesn't it? He, he. I'll check the possibilities later this day, can't check it with my smartphone right now.

Heck yeah, I just listen to live audio streams at work for Friday and Monday matches, watch live streams during weekends, or if I am away, I know a good site where I can download the matches in near HD for replay. That ought to do it for this while being.

Oh and Amsterdam is a crazy place, been there many times, although I actually live closer to the Belgian border, not too far away from rival city Rotterdam . But I do know some Aussie expats, and they are infatuated with Amsterdam, it's a funky place alright!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    My dear old dad told me I wasn't allowed to do that until after the game but I could never work that out as I was generally too stuffed by then.
    LOL, I've never bought into that theory.. If anything, it should settle ya down.

Infact, I'm fairly confident Mini has been raising it before game day of late, because he hasn't spilt the pill for some time now..
    Last edited by Toads; 04-06-12 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    because he hasn't spilt the pill for some time now
    I'm with you there, no one gets maternity leave until the off-season

Nah, I can't apply for a membership since my country is not listed. Maybe I should ring someone...