Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Its a good thing to get people through the gates and other fanbases should be courted.

But we need to also present a passionate home fanbase unified by colour.

I think our opposition has a head start with being around longer and many passionate fans coming who only get to cheer their team twice a year. Or those travelling.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

There is no value for money at all in being a Titans member. We turn up week after week to see uninspiring football played by a team that is not forced to improve on their skill areas by management.

If there are not serious changes made at the top myself and the six other people I attend with every week with will not be members in 2012.

Searle cannot seriously think that we will throw money at a team in such disarray. He must be held accountable, not only for his disgraceful off field management but also for his disgraceful list management that has seen Prince, Cartwright and Zillman given bloated multi-year contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I can't say for sure. But at the Doggies 'n Roosters round at home. It seemed the opposition fan base outnumbered our own. Lookout, come the Broncos, Cowboys 'n Warriors rounds..
    i know what you mean toads, but i think it may be due to the away fans being grouped together that they look larger.

i thought the stands looked ok from where i sat at the doggies and rooters game. way better than the poxy crowd at the storm game in the wet.

i think they have a bouton marked 11,437 ready to press when its time for crowd numbers.

its like thats the minimum they are willing to admit came to the game.

im glad im not a member right now, im hapy just paying and going to the games i want (which has been them all so far)and if the can make some decent decisions i will join up the following year.

Being a member from afar has some serious disadvantages. One is that when the season is on you lose all the "personal" touches, so to compensate you do things that perhaps you wouldn't do at home.

Things like convince people to be interested who wouldn't have had any idea that there is such a game as rugby league or a club called the Titans. Things like trying to partially replicate the footy feeling by gathering eclectic groups of league fans from all over the world to share the highs and lows of the season. To invest a little of your hard-earned into being a member so that your family can reduce some of the disconnect of living overseas.

2012 has all but destroyed my almost 50 years (I started playing when I was 9 and I am now 56) of belief in the rugby league system.

This forum marks the last gasps of my waning interest in rugby league, as I have never, not during the dark days of the pre-Jim Comans era, not during the demise of our previous reincarnations nor through the despised Murdoch League have I ever felt so disenfrachised from my sport.

The silence from the management who I paid on behalf of my family to be a member is astonishing to say the least. For those who wish to call me negative, feel free to do so but you'd be better off using the right term which is bitter.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Being a member from afar has some serious disadvantages. One is that when the season is on you lose all the "personal" touches, so to compensate you do things that perhaps you wouldn't do at home.

Things like convince people to be interested who wouldn't have had any idea that there is such a game as rugby league or a club called the Titans. Things like trying to partially replicate the footy feeling by gathering eclectic groups of league fans from all over the world to share the highs and lows of the season. To invest a little of your hard-earned into being a member so that your family can reduce some of the disconnect of living overseas.

2012 has all but destroyed my almost 50 years (I started playing when I was 9 and I am now 56) of belief in the rugby league system.

This forum marks the last gasps of my waning interest in rugby league, as I have never, not during the dark days of the pre-Jim Comans era, not during the demise of our previous reincarnations nor through the despised Murdoch League have I ever felt so disenfrachised from my sport.

The silence from the management who I paid on behalf of my family to be a member is astonishing to say the least. For those who wish to call me negative, feel free to do so but you'd be better off using the right term which is bitter.
    I hope u can hang around long enough for things to turn.

Rugby league can be light on articulate

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

I hope u can hang around long enough for things to turn.

Rugby league can be short on articulate Intelligent fans, and it would be a great loss to the forum to see u give it up.

That said I understand ur feelings and am something like us getting punted or carty getting his contract extended would be the tipping point for me too.

Cheers DB ... I'm not quite so easy to dislodge ... it's the infernal weekly roller-coaster ... as we near the weekend those freakin' 12' blue-bottle infested crushers at Duranbah turn into predictions of 4' glassy tubes at Currumbin ... full of promise but rarely performing.

I hate reading that Titanic, but I know its fact and very reasonable to feel that way.

We all do but I think it'd be alot harder for you. Especially being far away and trying to get new people interested in Rugby League and we have been far far from the greatest ambassadors of it.

Sport should be the antedote for people and bring to them joy. As soon as it gets caught up in a web of politics, financial crisis and the like, it is absolute poison.

Ive also had to cross a couple of reasons why I support the Titans off the list and it broke my heart to do it. I can no longer claim that we are some sort of new wave force of good for the sport or that we are the flagbearers of "expansion" and that we prove everyone who said any more teams wasn't going to work, particularly in Queensland.

But I will hang in there. I love our fans and I love the Titans. The supporters are the club and we all know that we have all the special ingredients to be the club we all want us to be...

All I can say is I feel and share the pain you are all experiencing.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I hate reading that Titanic, but I know its fact and very reasonable to feel that way.

We all do but I think it'd be alot harder for you. Especially being far away and trying to get new people interested in Rugby League and we have been far far from the greatest ambassadors of it.

Sport should be the antedote for people and bring to them joy. As soon as it gets caught up in a web of politics, financial crisis and the like, it is absolute poison.

Ive also had to cross a couple of reasons why I support the Titans off the list and it broke my heart to do it. I can no longer claim that we are some sort of new wave force of good for the sport or that we are the flagbearers of "expansion" and that we prove everyone who said any more teams wasn't going to work, particularly in Queensland.

But I will hang in there. I love our fans and I love the Titans. The supporters are the club and we all know that we have all the special ingredients to be the club we all want us to be...

All I can say is I feel and share the pain you are all experiencing.
    Agree 100%. I'm going to hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Agree 100%. I'm going to hang in there.
    It also illustrates another point about support for a footy team.

It isnt black and white, yes I am a fan or no I am not.

It is about the entire spectrum of what a fan does to support. The extra miles they make, the extra bucks they part with, the extra words they spend online and at home and the office sticking up for their team, the extra face paint or wearing a jersey down to the shops.

I fear that while most are loyal fans, but we are losing out big time because people are stopping doing the little things, that add up to huge things.

Anyway, so glad to be doing something proactive, gonna drive down the M1 from Brissie on a fantastic day to watch the next gen Titans beat the Tigers.

Your an inspiration to fans diehard and this forum is lucky to have u.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Your an inspiration to fans diehard and this forum is lucky to have u.
    hear hear ... do we have a Forummer of the Year thingamijig?
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-05-12 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It also illustrates another point about support for a footy team.

It isnt black and white, yes I am a fan or no I am not.

It is about the entire spectrum of what a fan does to support. The extra miles they make, the extra bucks they part with, the extra words they spend online and at home and the office sticking up for their team, the extra face paint or wearing a jersey down to the shops.

I fear that while most are loyal fans, but we are losing out big time because people are stopping doing the little things, that add up to huge things.

Anyway, so glad to be doing something proactive, gonna drive down the M1 from Brissie on a fantastic day to watch the next gen Titans beat the Tigers.
    Agree again and like you will drive down the M1 with a New Born baby so we can see OUR Team go around.

I love the Titans.

Don't get me wrong i will always support the titans as long as they are around but so much uncertainty around the club it gets hard but real supporters hang around till the end. One of the major factors where i bought my house was because it is close to the ground.

See you all tonight.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I don't see too many fans that frequent this forum bailing on the Titans just yet (and I don't expect them either). But at the same time, it'd be a bit silly to continue with blind faith and not realise the damage that's being done to the brand/club by various parties. Infact, it appears to be more of a case of who isn't trying to pull the rug out from under us?

Sorry Diehard, little pep talks don't wash with me. Keeping what's real in perspective is what I'm more concerned about. With that said, I'll be sticking with the club while they're/I'm around, and I'll waving goodbye to that bandwagon of bailing Titan Fans when/if it passes on by..
    Last edited by Toads; 05-05-12 at 04:00 PM.