Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Matchu View Post
    I am just trying to show you that you are all delusional about what is really going on.
    Even coming from someone with a valid point, this sentence and the patronising sentiment behind it will accomplish nothing more than fortifying opposition to the person saying it. If Australian rules football is the paragon of athletic pursuits you seem to believe it is, I hardly think it would need your artless (and ultimately pointless) spruiking. Wouldn't this time be better spent enjoying those things you are passionate about, rather than decrying others' passions.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Even coming from someone with a valid point, this sentence and the patronising sentiment behind it will accomplish nothing more than fortifying opposition to the person saying it. If Australian rules football is the paragon of athletic pursuits you seem to believe it is, I hardly think it would need your artless (and ultimately pointless) spruiking. Wouldn't this time be better spent enjoying those things you are passionate about, rather than decrying others' passions.
    Well said Kwigi. Some undeniable logic above.

That's why I don't have insecurities about Rugby League, simply frustration at it not reaching it's potential. We have a fantastic game that when stacked up against others can shine.

It's also why I don't go around trying to convert or convince AFL fans otherwise.

I'd be deadset furious if the NRL used the same attitude and tactics in expansion as the AFL does. The Storm and the future Reds don't have to make enemies out of anyone or draw any battle lines. Ever since the birth of Rugby League, we have been the game that has been ganged up on, bullied and kicked in the guts. I never ever want to see the roles reversed.

But as Kwigi says, all you are really doing fortifying the opinions about the Suns to Titans or casual sports fans who "might" be interested in attending games. All you really achieve is giving myself, Coaster and Ryan a good laugh.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last time I checked the Suns don't play the Titans so this thread has a very low care-factor for me...both codes are great to watch...the Suns and Titans are not in competition with each other and should never be perceived to be.
    I prefer the NRL over the AFL but that's me...I respect all sports and fans for that matter!

No need to encourage this merkin. It makes great reading but indulging his whims is a pointless exercise. I suggest we start a LOL@AFL thread and promote that all season ... in fact I'll do exactly that.

Let's give it a unique little logo like this:

LL@gAyFL
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.