Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Yep Henry hasn't show much either, no idea where we go from here, cant see us being much better next year if we don't have a good halves combo, could be another long year.

Who's the p***k that lit the grass fire near the stadium, a bit before kick-off tonight? Going by someone's recent trolling form here on the forum. I'd be putting my money on the AFL preacher that carries on like a woman scorned.

Rankin wasn't as bad as the arm chair coaches have stated, maybe u missed his run when he left half the Storm grabbing thin air .... He's a kid playing against possibly the best team in the comp at the moment, do u remember a bloke called Lockyer when he made his Test Debut & had a Shocker well that was about 350 games ago, get over it I think Rankin will do the job just fine in the coming years

Very happy to see White bending the line & Matty Srama having a kick to set up a nice try

Didn't expect we'd get close to the Storm so bring on the Raiders
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Henry is soooooooo **** can we just play with Preston in every position haha least he has some attacking ability why can't we have a 5/8 that how's a bit of skill and backs them selves titans are never are chance without halves that don't run the ball to the line and back themselves wooden spoon here we come

I too did have my doubts about Rankin, after watching him choke on his first (or second) game back into the big league this year. But after seeing more of him, I do tend to side with what Pete 'n Ryan have mentioned. There are moments of brilliance from him, all he needs is more experience under his belt to come into his own. Come this time next year, I tend to think he'll silence a lot of doubters.

As for Henry.. I'm still scratchin' my head, trying to figure out all the hype that there was about him, when he first joined us. Maybe he has yet to come into his own as well?

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

I think Rankin played quite alright, he will definitely improve in time, he made a few impressive line breaks, would work well as an impact player. Presto played well at half (as expected), and Matty Srama, what a great young player, he has to get more involved with the attacking game plan as he did tonight. 2 kicks for 2 tries . Other things to note, good effort from Michaels for setting up that line dropout, and a good chip and chase from Bull, well until it was snatched out of his hands (I was in s20 I saw the whole thing). Btw what was with the penalty in the first half when Billy Slater dropped the ball, we pounced on it and scored only for it to be pulled back?

Beau Henry
    58m Played
    18m Gain
    6 Tackles
    4 Missed
    1 Error
    1 Penalty

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Also I know it maybe innapropriate to be happy about an injury, but to see Justin O'Niell go down injured was great. Retribution I reckon as he was the one that injured Kevvy earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JibberJabber View Post
    I'm new here, and I'm sure this isn't a good first post (I can hear the troll calls already...) but I think this belong here:

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

Just in case.

Just got home - didn't watch the game - will watch the replay - at least Parra lost.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well it's late as, wanted to make a comment before I pass out and get some sleep.

There was alot to like about our performance, Preston IMO was great and there was some impressive defensive efforts. Unfortunately the Storm were, unsurprisingly in a lethal frame of mind. They are just so dangerous and didn't show us too much respect with keeping the ball alive. Slater and Cronk were awesome.

Some more Magic from Mead tonight as well.

I'm so impressed with Srama tonight, he is really coming along. He is one of the real gems of 2011.

I still had a great night at the footy and really enjoyed catching up with everyone and enjoying the atmosphere. Great to see you again in the Legion Timor 2.

I really hope Cronk is ok, Storm to take the title and they need Cronk to do it.

Night all! And as Titanic said, at least Parra lost.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Even though Storm were ruthless I was quite happy with the Teams effort.

Little Srama is becoming an established 1st Grader and I look forward to him developing more of his game. Some nice passes and linebreaks from Rankin over the last few weeks has showed us there is some elements to his game that would really suit the 5/8 spot.

The Titans attack is much better than it has been for most of the season but still a bit off a Good standard. The Defence is what it is with the amount of players missing but the errors and penalties just kill

I guess that the difference between watching on TV and being at the game.
    There was a large period of that second half I thought the boys were really having a good dig. Change the penalty just before half time from stripping to play on we go into the sheds at 16-12 instead they score and we go in 22-6 big change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Not as bad as many games this year. I agree with people's wrap on White - he tried his guts out.

Perhaps my assessment of the game is biased because I got the footy double for the first time!! There's the membership for 2012 paid for!!

Still, as we walked home all we could dwell upon is the fact that we have no structured attack and are highly unlikely to have any come 2012. Unless we sort out the halves we have no hope next year. Look at the storm - an excellent 1,6,7,9 and the rest looks after itself.

We have an inexperienced but potential filled 9, an over the hill 7, noone to play 6 and a 1 that the coach refuses to play in position. That is the difference between a minor premiership and a wooden spoon right there.

The game was certainly more close than the score showed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER