Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

I think we'll win by 2-8, 3 tries apiece, but we'll get the advantage from conversion/penalty goals.

Junior Titan

On Paper our forwards can dominate the storms forwards.
    it will come down to that and the halves.

The tactic of kicking it dead to slater should be priority #1.
    Let them have the tap and man up in defence.
    High balls to Quins wing is a good idea too, aswell as getting up on Widdop who likes to take the line on.

Bird on Widdop would stuff them nicely.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Campbell to tick off 100th Titans game
    Emma Greenwood | August 11th, 2011

PRESTON Campbell has just one aim as he heads into the final four games of a remarkable 14-season NRL career -- and it could be the remedy for the Titans' woes.

"I just think we should go out there and enjoy it," Campbell said.

The evergreen Campbell lines up in his 100th game for the Titans on Saturday and his determination to enjoy the occasion -- and the final games of a stellar career -- could be the catalyst for a Titans revival.

The Gold Coast have every reason to be pessimistic heading into Saturday's game against the competition-leading Melbourne Storm. Without captain Scott Prince and several other injured players, anchored to the foot of the ladder and facing the form side of the NRL, the Titans have little reason for optimism.

But Campbell, who comes full circle at the weekend, heading out in the No.7 jersey in the city in which he started his professional footy career, says the Titans' inability to make the finals has actually taken pressure off his side heading into the match.

"We could be kicking stones but the spirit in the club's still great," he said. "We know what we're capable of. We know our chance of making the semis has gone but I think a bit of pressure has been taken off us."

Milestone games have been horrific for the Titans this year but the players are determined to break the hoodoo for Campbell.

The little master said enjoying the occasion was the Coast's best chance of snapping the Storm's winning run.

"I just think we should go out there and enjoy it," Campbell said. "Obviously we've got a structure in place but we just need to go out and play it, that's the best way we play our football.

"We beat teams playing like that, so I'm just going to try to bring a bit of fun back into it.

"I might as well (enjoy it). You're a long time retired from rugby league, so I'm definitely going to go out and have a bit of fun."
    #itaintweaktospeak

I Love Presto's final comment
    #itaintweaktospeak

Podcast is up with Kevin Gordon

Watch it here
    Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Podcast is up with Kevin Gordon

Watch it here
    Youtube
    Get off the juice Kev!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Get off the juice Kev!
    He is doing a documentary, i think he said he is now at 96kgs up from 79 when he had the operation on his leg.

He is going to be a strong player for us next year, i cant wait
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Will he retain his pace or lose it marginally ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonely Turtle View Post
    Will he retain his pace or lose it marginally ?
    he will lose a bit initially due to the operation, but he expects to get it all back.
    I cant wait to see Idris at center drawing a couple of players in with his size and giving Gordon some space to move.
    With his extra strength and speed it will be a lethal attacking side

Kevin will drop back to 89/90 kgs once the season is in full swing, at the moment he isnt training for a game so the weight will go on easy. Once the season kicks off it will naturally fall off.

The Storm machine does worry me. I know they are due for a loss. But their situation is pretty unprecedented and as they approach the Finals they will get bloodthirsty. We need to catch them off guard and hopefully we can do what Parra couldnt. But them away. But we need to do what we haven't all season. Play for 80mins.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The Storm machine does worry me. I know they are due for a loss. But their situation is pretty unprecedented and as they approach the Finals they will get bloodthirsty. We need to catch them off guard and hopefully we can do what Parra couldnt. But them away. But we need to do what we haven't all season. Play for 80mins.
    Well we are a much better team than Parramatta, and if we held an 18-0 lead, I'm sure we would win. Even if for some strange reason we don't end up winning, it will be close. Us, like the Eels, Manly and Tigers are one of the teams that the Storm seem to struggle against when playing away from home. The only reason the odds have been blown out so heavily, is only cos Prince is injured, but time and time again we always prove that we can win without him, particularly against Melbourne. Kicking it dead rather than to Slater has got to be one of the main tactics that we use, the more Billy has the ball, the less predictability the Storm will have, and thatcis when they start weaving their magic.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    One thing in the Titans favour is next week the Storm play the Dragons so they may well be looking ahead to that game and take the Titans for granted.

Already I've noticed the Storm say they're not looking ahead to the Dragons, and at the same time they mention they're staying up here in training camp for the Dragons game.

I think they're hoping to blow the Titans away in the opening 10 minutes and cruise the rest. If we can put up a fight early and cut down on stupid penalties and mistakes we're a chance. Coming off a win and facing the Storm is hopefully a recipe for an 80 minute performance from the Titans.

We gotta beat the cheating scum!

Great news that Preston is captain!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER