Default Round 23: Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Running times:
    Box Offices Open:4.40pm
    Gates Open:5.10pm
    Under 20's Kick Off:5.15pm
    Main Game Kick Off:7.30pm

Tickets from Ticketek - CLICK HERE
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-08-11 at 06:32 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Melbourne Storm
    There will be plenty of lighting fast action in this match!

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are planning to rain on the Melbourne Storm’s parade when the two teams clash at Skilled Park. The Storm have been a benchmark team for the past few seasons, but can the Jetstar Titans squad claim the 2 points on offer and blow them away?

Your ticket includes more than just a game of football. Every Titans home game is great value entertainment for the whole family with:
    - Game Day Titans TV
    - Live music on the Australian Power & Gas Power Stage
    - Face painting and fun activities for kids
    - Cash and prize giveaways with the Sing 'n' Win, ? Million Dollar Kick and Catch the Bomb competitions
    - Performances by the Norco Titanettes
    - Live Sea FM broadcast with player interviews
    - Titans inflatable skills course

Plus much more!

Just by attending the game, you have the chance to win $5,000 cash! Many people are still feeling the economic pinch... So it’s your turn to ‘Cash in on the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans $20,000* Giveaway’! There’s $5,000 cash for one lucky person to WIN at each of the following four Titans home games: v Cowboys, v Storm, v Raiders, v Eels.

To be in with a chance, all you need to do is download and complete an entry form available at www.titans.com.au or bring in the coupon that will appear in the Gold Coast Bulletin on the day of the game. Place your completed entry form in the barrel at Skilled Park before kick-off of the main game. Then be in your seat at half time of the main game to see if you are the lucky winner - it’s that easy!

Invite your key clients and staff or just treat yourself to enjoy this great match in style from the best seats in the house. The Jetstar Titans have a range of corporate hospitality options to suit your needs, starting from just $170 per person. Visit www.titans.com.au today for more information.

Will the Melbourne Storm be thunderstruck by the Jetstar Titans? Make sure you’re there to see all the action unfold live, buy your ticket now!

Love your league? Live the Titans

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Running times:
    Box Offices Open:4.40pm
    Gates Open:5.10pm
    Under 20's Kick Off:5.15pm
    Main Game Kick Off:7.30pm

Tickets from Ticketek - CLICK HERE

Let's try and get the word out, I want to see a great crowd at Skilled Park.

Hopefully the win gives people a bit of hope we'll be competitive against the Storm. Parra showed the Storm are ready to be beaten, but lacked the composure to finish the job. If we can keep turning up in defence up, cut down on stupid penalties, who knows, maybe we can spring the upset of the season?

Too see players like Slater in action is worth getting out there. Even if he does end up breaking out hearts! Presto deserves a good send off too and I'm sure he's still got a bit of magic left.

Bird to 5/8?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Bird to 5/8?
    I'd say that would be my 2nd alternative, not too fussed on it though.

NIce, i will be there if work permits

He'll probably be skydiving. Was that true?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Milestones anyone?

Meads 50th game this week...uh oh

It all started back in Round 1 with Gordons 50th

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Well the stage is set, this is the second time in a row when the Melbourne Storm have travelled up to Skilled Park on the back of 10 straight wins (yeh that's right I have nothing else better to do than look up stuff like that lol), in the form of their lives, and we're the massive underdogs cos Prince is out yet again for a clash with the Storm (after Saturday, Prince will have played 2/7 clashes). Just think about it this way, how long can the storm maintain this intensity, they have to crack sometime, plus last time we played a team unbeaten for 10 games we won (dragons a few weeks ago to those who don't remember), and if the eels almost beat them and we're waaaaayyyy better than the eels, well doesn't that equal victory for us? I say it does.

All business for Storm on Gold Coast

Melbourne Storm may be escaping to the sunny climate of the Gold Coast but there's no chance of a holiday according to halfback Cooper Cronk.

And neither do they want or need one.

After steamrolling Penrith 26-6 to lay one hand on the NRL minor premiership, the Storm next face the bottom-placed Titans, who had a four point win over the Sharks.

Melbourne plan to extend their stay in Queensland from game day on Saturday until Tuesday as they prepare for a blockbuster clash with defending champions St George Illawarra at AAMI Park Friday week.

But Cronk said there was no chance they would be putting their feet up.

"I've been under Craig (Bellamy) for nine years now and I've never had a holiday under his tutelage so I doubt that's going to be happening," he said.

"It's just something we as a club have done over the last couple of years.

"We've got a pretty strenuous schedule coming up with Manly and the Dragons back to back."

The representative No.7 said he didn't feel like he needed to be rested during the remaining rounds before the finals.

"I'm enjoying my footy at the moment and trying to play as consistently as I can," he said.

"The sports science and coaching staff have got all the measures in place so if we're tired or overtrain, and you've got to put your faith in their hands."

Fullback Billy Slater, the standout performer against the Panthers, agreed.

"I'm feeling quite fresh and I'm more looking forward to getting out on the training paddock with my teammates and trying to work on our combinations and trying to make sure come September, we're as sharp as we can be."

Cronk said while the club wanted to win the minor premiership, it was only a by-product of their bigger goal.

"It's definitely held in high regard and is something we cherish."

The Storm have one injury concern after the Penrith win with prop Adam Woolnough suffering injury to his Achilles and calf.

While coach Bellamy was concerned it could be a longer term injury, Woolnough hoped he would only be sidelined for a week.

http://news.smh.com.au

No rest for Storm at winter camp

A few days in a coastal town near the NSW-Queensland border in the middle of a cold Melbourne winter might sound like an ideal retreat, but Storm halfback Cooper Cronk says the team's training camp at Kingscliff will be no holiday.

The Storm squad will remain in the warmer climes after next Saturday's away game against the Gold Coast until the following Tuesday night, continuing a tradition of late-season getaways established during their now-tarnished run of four straight grand finals from 2006.

Cronk said the camp would be used to fine-tune aspects of the Storm's game before vital matches against premiership rivals St George Illawarra in round 24 and Manly the following week.

''I've been under [coach] Craig [Bellamy] for nine years now and I've never had a holiday under his tutelage, so I doubt that's going to be happening,'' Cronk said. ''It's just something we as a club have done over the last couple of years.

''We've got a pretty strenuous schedule coming up with the Dragons and Manly after the Gold Coast game, so we definitely approach each week on its merits. However, we are professional enough to understand what's ahead of us.''

After coming back from an 18-point deficit against Parramatta in round 21, the Storm were again slow out of the blocks against Penrith on Saturday, with the Panthers dominating much of the first half with impressive attacking football.

However, Cronk said the ladder leaders were happy with their form leading into the finals. ''You'd like to play perfect every game but you can't,'' Cronk said. ''As long as we're able to address the issues that we're not doing so well during the game, that's a good sign.''

Bellamy said while he had been happy with his team's performance in the first half, which ended at 6-6, the second half stood out as a real ''Storm'' performance.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/

Storm are due for a loss...

Campbell to fill Prince’s shoes against Storm
    Adam Gardini | 9/08/2011 2:07:56 PM

Retiring Jetstar Gold Coast Titans crowd favourite Preston Campbell will wear Scott Prince’s vacant No.7 jersey in Saturday night’s clash against heavyweights Melbourne Storm at Skilled Park.

Campbell, who has just four matches remaining in Titans colours before he retires at the end of the season, will switch from the interchange bench to halfback for the clash against the competition front runners, with prop Luke Bailey to captain the side in Prince’s absence.

Prince will miss the rest of the season after having successful surgery on his broken arm yesterday.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a similar side to that which produced a spirited 20-16 win over Cronulla last weekend, with Campbell’s positional switch and the naming of Greg Bird and Clinton Toopi on an extended interchange bench as the only team changes in an 18-man squad.

Assistant Coach Steve Murphy said while it was disappointing to lose Prince, the club was fortunate to have a former Dally M Medal winning playmaker in Campbell to step up in his absence.

“He’ll leave a hole, like any class player leaves a hole, but we’re very fortunate to have a man of Preston Campbell’s ability just to step straight into the void there and fill that hole,’’ said Murphy.

“We’re very excited about Preston playing halfback but obviously disappointed for Scott.’’

With Bird and Toopi both named on an extended interchange bench and backrower Anthony Laffranchi in some doubt for the match with a cork, Murphy said a decision on the final make-up of the side would be made later in the week.

Despite not being in finals contention, Murphy said he was confident the Titans would rise to the occasion against Melbourne, who have won 10 matches in a row to lead the competition by two wins.

“Words like benchmark of the competition, premiership favourites – they are all those things and they deserve to be,’’ said Murphy.

“To play Melbourne this week is exciting. They’re going for a club record, we haven’t been happy with our form at home and if you don’t want to play against the best teams in the competition you probably should be playing something else.

“I’m sure our players will rise to the occasion this week, I’m looking forward to it.’’

JETSTAR TITANS v MELBOURNE STORM
    7.30pm, Skilled Park
    Saturday, August 13
    1 Jordan Rankin
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 William Zillman
    4 Dominique Peyroux
    5 David Mead
    6 Beau Henry
    7 Preston Campbell
    8 Luke Bailey (c)
    9 Matt Srama