Default Locky's Farewell A Sunday Blockbuster At Suncorp

Locky's Farewell A Sunday Blockbuster At Suncorp
    NRL Media

The NRL and its broadcast partners Nine and Fox Sports have set the scene for the most emotional Sunday in Broncos history with Darren Lockyer?s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Round 26 match between the Broncos and the Sea Eagles will be one of the must-see games in the final Premiership round as well as a pre-finals farewell to perhaps the greatest Bronco of all time.

?This will be an emotional farewell for Brisbane fans and in particular families who in some cases will have followed Darren?s remarkable career over three generations,? NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

?It?s great to see the broadcasters working together in a way that allows the club to create a truly memorable occasion and I would like to acknowledge the support of both the Chief Executive of Nine Entertainment, David Gyngell, and the Chief Executive of Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) Patrick Delaney.?

Mr Gyngell today said that the live broadcast of the match would create an opportunity for all Rugby League fans to share in the emotion of the day:

?On behalf of Nine I would like to thank the NRL and Fox Sports for working together to give one of the game?s greats a fitting farewell.

?Darren has entertained all of us over the years and this will set the scene for a marvelous public tribute.?

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.

The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

http://www.broncos.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hopefully Sea Eagles smash em

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Hopefully Sea Eagles smash em
    Agreed, I hate those donkeys sooooo much lol

I'll be there cheering for Lockyer. Not the Broncos though. Can never cheer for Manly though!

Lockyer is a legend. And I'd like to see his last couple of home games and his last Test Match in Australia which will be in Newcastle.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

You don't suppose they'll schedule Presto's last game on the Sunday as well, I hope not, both players deserve sell out crowds.