Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Searle

Default ATTN: Searle

You've made the management decision to overhaul the playing roster for the upcoming 2012 season. Given the level of ineptitude and ill-discipline that we have seen in 2011 will you be as ruthless with the underperforming coaching staff or will you HOPE that they can turn the losing culture on it's ear in the pre-season.

Gilmeister and particularly Murphy have no track record to support them in light of the team's unacceptable performances this season. Our defensive line makes the same mistakes every week and our attack is slow, stilted and predictable.

The last thing we want is a support staff, playing group or supporters who accept mediocrity - and 2011 has seen the Titans raise to the level of mediocrity only fleetingly.

The club and the fans deserve better.

I think we're owed an explanation at least. This season has been worse than horrible. TBH we're lucky to have even won a game.

An injury toll to important players is part of the reason to the story of 2011. How the team has been coached is another part.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    You've made the management decision to overhaul the playing roster for the upcoming 2012 season. Given the level of ineptitude and ill-discipline that we have seen in 2011 will you be as ruthless with the underperforming coaching staff or will you HOPE that they can turn the losing culture on it's ear in the pre-season.

Gilmeister and particularly Murphy have no track record to support them in light of the team's unacceptable performances this season. Our defensive line makes the same mistakes every week and our attack is slow, stilted and predictable.

The last thing we want is a support staff, playing group or supporters who accept mediocrity - and 2011 has seen the Titans raise to the level of mediocrity only fleetingly.

The club and the fans deserve better.
    Did you know Gilly is a defensive coach of the QLD team? track record?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Did you know Gilly is a defensive coach of the QLD team? track record?
    I don't really see how relevant rep footy is to this situation. Bellamy is second only to Bennett (and many would say he is his equal) yet he had a terrible record at SOO level.

So by defending him are you saying that you don't want to see any sort of pressure brought to bear on the coaching department?

I don't really see how relevant rep footy is to this situation.
    I agree. Rep players develop their skill set throughout the year in club footy, not the week they spend in QLD/NSW camp.

I tend to think something might be overlooked here with Gilly. If you're are wised up to what passion the guy used to play his rep footy, you may have a better understanding of what he brings to the Titans. He's the Queensland heart and soul that many have looked up to over time.

Take him away, and you lose that key element that makes the Titans a Queensland NRL team.. If it's not for the likes of Gilly and Choppy. The Titans would pretty well be a NSW club (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Toads; 31-07-11 at 08:36 PM.

Defence is all about attitude and we are now seeing just how long and frustrating the season has become for a team that has not been able to amount any pressure with their attack.

I dont think the team has hit rock bottom yet

The same argument about Gilmeister's Origin exploits can be used for Cartwrights lack of them ... so if one is good then the other is crap by that same logic ... I don't agree with either, club coaching is a different kettle of fish.

But the issues about team spirit and attitude on the field have to come from the team management group including the coaching team.

1. The players don't look to each other for confidence beacuse they all have their personal issues - that's what the coaching staff does ... it provides answers except in our case.

2. Some sort of locker-banging, swearing session at half time will work exactly once ... personally, the commentators constantly talking about Cartwright "doing it hard" makes me puke ... of course he's doing it hard but not as hard as the players who need an analytical controlled mind to turn to.

3. The scene from last weeks match where Palmer was nearly run over during the game and the comment that "everyone knows he coaches from behind the play" is equally as galling ... no wonder the blokes are all over the place, they've got too many non-players telling them what to do ... our on-field leadership is crap. I don't like Belcher as a commentator much but today he said in another game "I never believe what the players say, I just watch what they do on the field" ... Scott Prince quote after the game "I really take a loss to heart" ... rubbish.

4. Okay, so the team is hopeless ... we all know that, however, our club management have either (1) been overseas or (2) the cats got their tongues. Where are all the smart comments about what rugby league needs, the role model of the Titans. My wife just pulled out an earlier copy of Alpha magazine where there was a huge spread about the Titans 5 year plan that included a 2011 Premiership ... bloody haha. Two teams both heading for the wooden spoon ... some role model. Searle break your silence and let us see some leadership. Big-noting yourself has alienated the club from the rest of the rugby league community.

There's my rant ... sorry to all the guys on here who, just like me, look forward to our team having a dig each week ... that's having a real dig-in not digging a freakin' hole for ourselves.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Crap play, poor coaching, bad referee decisions.... etc. There are a multitude of reasons why we are performing like this.
    The one that stands out for me is the treatment of Nathan Friend. The fact that Searle didn't bend to try to keep Friend has led to a malaise amongst the players. Nathan Friend was the heart and soul of this team. Once the players knew that their club didn't want him, performances dropped.
    It is the single worst decision the club has made.

Just seems like the club on the field is in bad place and the can't get out of it? They compete for 40 minutes and then a half time come out a different team. I agree with alot of others that have commented that Serle needs to get infront of Us, the Members and fans and explain what is happening. To an extent I agree that injuries have played a part but I don't accept that this is a major or significant reason for the teams performance as anyone of the starting 17 players would play first grade at another club. So we definitely have the talent in the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    anyone of the starting 17 players would play first grade at another club. So we definitely have the talent in the current team.
    Not only that - the ones we let go all come back to haunt us as well and not just this season. Let's face it - we can buy them but we can't coach them.

I don't really see how relevant rep footy is to this situation. Bellamy is second only to Bennett (and many would say he is his equal) yet he had a terrible record at SOO level.

So by defending him are you saying that you don't want to see any sort of pressure brought to bear on the coaching department?
    You are right, I take it back, there is no defending what is happening on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Here is a quote from Wayne Bennett regarding his teams last two weeks: ""But if they don't want to do it out there it doesn't matter who is doing what."

This is what I'm talking about.

Cofidence is a funny thing, when you haven't got any it is so hard to get it back. Dont despair Titans fans, the only way for us now is up and that is something to be looking forward to. All teams no matter who your roster has or who you have coaching them go through a rough spot. It's what happens in the future years that will really count. We have just got to stand strong and all will come good.