Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Well they put 50 on us and the knights are not that great, not a serious finals contender, and next week we have The Storm :| scary ****, maybe 80+ on us?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Well they put 50 on us and the knights are not that great, not a serious finals contender, and next week we have The Storm :| scary ****, maybe 80+ on us?
    the storm damn well may put 80 on us, since they are twice the team the knights are, they already put 40 on us when they were just warming up this season early and we didnt start to rot away so badly until we faced souths and got annihilated but the storm were the first to embarrass us this season

We do have a chance next week. They'll all bust a gut laughing when the team runs out with that oh-so frightening game face on ... we are the only dummies who fall for it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

The storm won't put 80 on us, not at skilled. Maybe 60 or 70 tops lol, but tbh I'm more worried about being held to nil by the storm.

I reckon that will the percentage of Storm fans to Titans fans after this week's debacle 70/30

Storm dont have any fans or Jnrs for that matter.

Titans can help a few teams out by "injuring" a couple of targeted players

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Storm dont have any fans or Jnrs for that matter.

Titans can help a few teams out by "injuring" a couple of targeted players
    Well maybe if we get Toopi to take Slater, Smith and Cronk out of the game illegally at the beginning, then not only will the Storm, be without their best players, but Toopi will also get sent off and suspended, and that kills 2 birds with one stone

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastTitanFan View Post
    Well maybe if we get Toopi to take Slater, Smith and Cronk out of the game illegally at the beginning, then not only will the Storm, be without their best players, but Toopi will also get sent off and suspended, and that kills 2 birds with one stone
    Now you're talking. Im sure we can come up with even better "legal" plays.

Default Titans admit they've lost respect

Ben Horne AAP Sun, Jul 31, 2011 - 6:34 PM

Despondent Gold Coast players joked their 50-20 pummelling by Newcastle would extend coach John Cartwright's stay in hospital, but on a more solemn note, the Titans admit they're guilty of something far more serious.

Gold Coast have been an NRL success story since their 2007 admission. In their opening two seasons they punched above their weight and for the past two years they've been impressive finalists.

But after another humiliation and their 15th loss for the season, stand-in coach Steve Murphy said the Gold Coast had lost respect and had gone against everything they stood for as a club.

With coach Cartwright hospitalised after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix, assistants Murphy and Trevor Gillmeister took the reins.

Cartwright was sitting in his hospital bed watching the match and was on the phone giving instructions to football manager Scott Clarke for the duration, although his enthusiasm waned as the story got worse.

The coach may be out of hospital on Monday but there's no quick fix to the crisis the club faces, as they spiral towards their first wooden spoon.

"The second half is not our football team and not our club, Carty's obviously not with us, he's in hospital and supposed to be out tomorrow but after watching that he'll probably be in there a bit longer," said Murphy.

"It was an uncustomary performance from us, I thought it lacked discipline, it lacked everything we took four or five years to establish.

"We're just breaking systems and rules that have been in place since our inception ... all technical things we pride ourselves on just aren't there at the moment.

"I'm bitterly disappointed with that, not just from my point of view personally, just for our club, we lost respect today I thought."

Captain Scott Prince said rival teams are realising the Gold Coast will roll over when the going gets tough.

"It's disappointing, when we lose I take it to heart," Prince said.

AAP bh/gc/as

Murphys disappointed this week, Prince last week and maybe Carty the week before but do we see any accountability at all? If people in a work place performed like this week in week out would they still be in that work place ? I would think not. Maybe Serle should be talking to Cherry-Evans or Cronk and Belamy or big Mal Meninga to make Captian and Coach think that there positions are untouchable.

tbh i thought prince stepped up this game... but that 2nd half. argh :|
    ill prob bring in walker, but then also bring in some forwards that just tackle, like ridge. we missed harrison defense.

they missed everything except their pay check

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Now you're talking. Im sure we can come up with even better "legal" plays.
    We can't even come up with a way to not concede 50 points against a team who has not been able to score more than 20 points in the last 14 weeks, let alone pull off this kind of mastermind idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    tbh i thought prince stepped up this game... but that 2nd half. argh :|
    ill prob bring in walker, but then also bring in some forwards that just tackle, like ridge. we missed harrison defense.
    Harrison is a huge loss to any team structure as he is such a mister fix-it workaholic. RIDGE is another tackling machine with incredible ticker, I thought he was injured?

OK.OK, we are all hurting at the moment, fans,players coaches and all others that love the Titans. Dont throw sh''t into the playing roster and coaching staffs face as they are the ones flogging themselves day in day out, not the fans. Supporters are meant to be just that, bloody well support the boys in their time of need. No doubt when they turn things around in the near future we as supporters will be heaping the praise on the wonderful crowd support we gave them to get them across the line. BOO Bloody HOO. Wake up and stand up and support your team through thick or thin otherwise piss off and go support the gay FL team.