Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

whats the record for missed tackles in a game the titans would have smashed it today i reckon

if beau henry is our 5/8th next year we are going to be in for a long season

players seem to be disinterested, management need to change the culture for the rest of the year

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    tbh i thought rankin showed alot more then herny did.
    argh its hard to put blame on anyone when they all played like they did.
    bird was the only stand out.
    blame the coach and staff

I've been waiting for a flogging for the past 10 weeks and it's finally come, I actually thought it would have been alot worse.

Everyone and I mean everyone should now know why the Titans have recruited so hard for next year and that this years squad just was never ever good enough.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Well that's 2 records we've now broken, we've lost 6 in a row for the first time, and we're the first team this year to concede the half century. I mean what did we do to deserve this?

I am with my team the Titans 100%, win or lose, but I find it very difficult when the coaching staff make a decision like not starting Srama. He has been a shining light on what has been a forgettable season and week in week out have been the best player in the side since making his debut. I don't like to make bad comments in Campbell's direction because he is such a champion, but I will again reiterate that his best service to the club is now off the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Look at our for and against, it's nearly twice as bad as our next challenger.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Henry is just sh!t, he puts in no effort !

Prince has put some halve decent games together in the past couple of weeks, about time !

We can't blame the refs for that game, knights got some bad calls against them as well.

You can't blame rankin at all.

Why did preston start? he done nothing.

But don't worry, Carty will just copy and paste the same team again.

SInce when has scoring 20 points ever been something be be proud of in the history of Rugby League?? The Tigers scored less than that on Friday night and had one of the best wins of the year.

We have absolutely no reason to be optimistic that anything will change this year - the problem is culture and now our signings are losing thier gloss as well. Myles is in a team running second last, Idris is from a team that is no chance of playing finals and DOuglas is from a team perennially in the bottom handful.

I am getting a big over-sized wooden spoon made up and I am going to give all of them both barrels at the next home game. These losers need to realise that GC people are passionate about their team and won't settle for the absolute sh!t that they have dished up this year.

Our list may not have been a grand final winning one, but neither should it be a wooden spoon certainty with more than a month to run in the comp. This team is every bit as bad as the Seagulls / Chargers teams of the 90's with ten times the resources.

Disgrace!!

I disagree with others, i think henry is our 6.. i believe he made an effort to try control our attack and with thecorrect defensive structure would fit in without a problem. As for campbell i dont have a problem with him in the 17 but should only be used at fb...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTitans View Post
    I disagree with others, i think henry is our 6.. i believe he made an effort to try control our attack and with thecorrect defensive structure would fit in without a problem. As for campbell i dont have a problem with him in the 17 but should only be used at fb...
    I agree with you on Henry, but not...........
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Presto has nothing more to prove and has had a great career...

There is nothing wrong with campbells touches with the ball today and i think he can add another dimension in attack from FB coming in as another ball player. But is a liability in defence.. there is no way srama should be off the field for anyone else to go to dummy half.. having campbell playing front line defence is only going to draw in other defenders outside him and causes an overlap

Gold Coast Titans handed 50-20 thrashing by Newcastle Knights

Akuila Uate of the Knights is tackled by Greg Bird. Source: Getty Images
    NEWCASTLE seized the perfect opportunity to cement an NRL top eight berth at Ausgrid Stadium on Sunday, surging to a 50-20 demolition of last-placed Gold Coast.

As well as taking on a struggling opposition, the Knights went into the match knowing their main rivals for a finals spot, Penrith and Canterbury, had both lost.

The comprehensive victory means the Knights put a four-point gap on the ladder between them and the Panthers and Bulldogs - and although the job's not done yet, 24 competition points should be enough for the Novocastrians to make the playoff cut.

In a further boost, the nine tries to four demolition nullified the Wests Tigers' points-differential advantage over Newcastle, and the Knights have now slotted into seventh place on the competition table.

Flying Fijian Akuila Uate was on fire for the Knights, bagging a hat-trick, while his opposite winger James McManus also claimed a double.

Veteran centre Adam MacDougall wound the clock back for the Knights, 'Mad Dog' taking advantage of his late inclusion in the side to power over for a second half try and also pop up a magic offload for Uate to score his third.

Scott Prince scored a solo try late in the first half to get the Titans back into the game, trailing 16-12 at the break.

But Newcastle then came out firing, blowing the match apart with two tries in the first five minutes of the second half.

A sweeping backline play ended with McManus dashing 40 metres to score his second, before second-rower Cameron Ciraldo marched through some feeble defence to extend the score to 28-12.

Keith Lulia dashed away off a Jarrod Mullen ball to join in the rout, before Neville Costigan brought up the 50 off his halfback's grubber in the 79th minute.

The Knights, who have struggled to score points all season, became the first NRL side to break the half-century mark this year.

Gold Coast opened the scoring after just five minutes, with a Greg Bird strip on Uate off a kick-return, resulting in the ball being fed out for David Mead to cross in the corner.

But from there the Knights wingers ensured the home side didn't lose the lead again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Well after being in the game for the first 40 minutes we were an absolute shambles in the second half! What do they do at half time???? Birdy stated after the game that all they have to play for is pride now that they know the season finishes before finals time but they need to find some pride to play for because it sure isn't showing at the moment. I am with the boys through the good and bad times but that was a VERY TOUGH 40 minutes to sit through!!!!

Man that was bad, like everyone has said you can see they dont want to be out there, not interested at all, season is over so why bother is the mentality. Some major things need to change or it will be the same old thing next year even with who we have signed on.