Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

TITAN DAD THANK YOU

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    OK.OK, we are all hurting at the moment, fans,players coaches and all others that love the Titans. Dont throw sh''t into the playing roster and coaching staffs face as they are the ones flogging themselves day in day out, not the fans. Supporters are meant to be just that, bloody well support the boys in their time of need. No doubt when they turn things around in the near future we as supporters will be heaping the praise on the wonderful crowd support we gave them to get them across the line. BOO Bloody HOO. Wake up and stand up and support your team through thick or thin otherwise piss off and go support the gay FL team.
    Well said mate

OK.OK, we are all hurting at the moment, fans,players coaches and all others that love the Titans. Dont throw sh''t into the playing roster and coaching staffs face as they are the ones flogging themselves day in day out, not the fans. Supporters are meant to be just that, bloody well support the boys in their time of need. No doubt when they turn things around in the near future we as supporters will be heaping the praise on the wonderful crowd support we gave them to get them across the line. BOO Bloody HOO. Wake up and stand up and support your team through thick or thin otherwise piss off and go support the gay FL team.
    Geez, that's a whole lot easier to say today. Because yesterday was a whole new world of hurt, lol.

But yeah, well summed up, Titan Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Geez, that's a whole lot easier to say today. Because yesterday was a whole new world of hurt, lol.

+1

All very good sentiments to which I generally agree except nobody should be sentenced to watch gAyFL but you missed one very key point ... no, sorry, 50 of them ... losing is not the issue, throwing it in when it's your livelihood is.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

"It was an uncustomary performance from us, I thought it lacked discipline, it lacked everything we took four or five years to establish".

I'm sorry to disagree but this was a very customery performance and has been the case all season.

These losses have nothing to do with skill or ability. This is all about attitude. The players for some reason are pissed and refuse to put any effort in on the paddock. Maybe the answer will be known by season end. I think a lot of the effortless showings has come from Friend being shown the door and Jamal getting the big payday.

It's really hard to say what can be done when things are all over the place. It's stunning that we put in about three good first halves over the last few weeks only to capitulate. I say we stay on the field at half time. Maybe the opposition doesn't respect us either.

You have to hand it to the Knights, they were very good. Played really above themselves.

I would like to see Scott giving the goal kicking away in 2012. As our leader and more importantly play maker, his place belongs with the team during that down period, talking tactics. Anyone have an nominations for another goal kicker?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

DIEHARD I think Henry is a goal kicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    DIEHARD I think Henry is a goal kicker.
    Not a bad option, Tamwelg. But if Rankin is on the paddock, I wouldn't mind seeing him given the opportunity to prove himself. As he's been pretty good from what I've seen in the NYC matches. But yeah, I tend to think Prince needs to give it away, as he's only firing from one side of the paddock (right side), and even then he's missed a few of late.
    Last edited by Toads; 02-08-11 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post

+1. Good work Titan dad, just took us a few days to absorb the loss, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    These losses have nothing to do with skill or ability. This is all about attitude. The players for some reason are pissed and refuse to put any effort in on the paddock. Maybe the answer will be known by season end. I think a lot of the effortless showings has come from Friend being shown the door and Jamal getting the big payday.
    I said almost exactly the same thing a few minutes ago in a different thread, which echoes what i've been saying all season.

There is something VERY WRONG about the way Freindy was let go, after all the YEARS OF GUT-BUSTING HARD WORK he gave to the club, on the hope of securing a long-term contract worthy of his contribution.

IMO I could see how this would take away a lot of determination from other players who must be asking if they will be the next to get the chop. As it turns out we have seen some of our best UPCOMING talent walk away because they can't get game time or a contract, while they pay big bucks for outsiders.

If the problem does indeed lie with the way players have been handled / managed, I think it's not the way things with Friendy went down but instead the efforts to snare Cronk and Idris when we were well equipped in those positions already. However, any team in league is a business so you'd expect them to look at this as professionals and play their best anyway but whatever it is, something needs to happen because at this rate, it's not gonna go away by itself next season.

It's like somebody needs to stand in front of the bus and take one for the team. So to help clear the air and start healing.

Were we ever having discussions with Cronk at all? I must have missed it. ?

If you're referring to what I said, I made a mistake. I meant to say Cameron Smith, not Cronk