Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 21: Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

Date: Sunday 31 July 2011
    Kick off: 2:00pm
    Venue: AusGrid Stadium, Newcastle
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 25-07-11 at 10:41 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

will be good to see herny vs his old club!
    also i think they should swap capewell n zillman around... no point having him in a possie where he wont be next year... zillman is still our best fullback atm and dont know why carty would move him, when capewell has played centres before aswell

I'm looking forward to seeing Beau Henry against his former club.

Steve Michaels is likely to sit out the weekend's match.

Hopefully the Knights will field an understrength side.

Sure to be a big crowd down there with great support. So if you are in the area or want to travel we need you at the game.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    will be good to see herny vs his old club!
    also i think they should swap capewell n zillman around... no point having him in a possie where he wont be next year... zillman is still our best fullback atm and dont know why carty would move him, when capewell has played centres before aswell
    We need to work out if Capwell is staying or going asap and then Carty needs to decide who is going to be fullback next year. That way, as others have said, we will have our 1,6,7,9 together for the rest of this year, building a combo for next year. If we keep Capes he is our fullback and Zilly to remain at left centre IMO. That will then leave Carty with the dilemma of how to use Idris and Champion next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Henry keen to build on debut against former club

Henry keen to build on debut against former club

New recruit Beau Henry is hoping to build on his impressive debut performance for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans as he prepares to take on his former club in Newcastle on Sunday.

Henry, who made a mid-season switch from the Newcastle Knights in June, displayed some impressive touches in a 65-minute debut for the Titans at five-eighth against the Cowboys on Saturday night before being replaced by super sub Preston Campbell late in the second half.

The 21-year-old said he had gained confidence from his first-up display and was hoping to build further on his combination with captain Scott Prince in Sunday?s clash against his former club at Ausgrid Stadium.

?I haven?t played for 10 weeks and I have only played six games of first grade so the speed was very quick out there,?? said Henry.

?We had to get Presto on the field as well, so to play 65 minutes I was pretty happy with that. Hopefully this week I can stay there for the full 80 minutes and it should be a good game.??

Henry acknowledged his new halves combination with Prince may not click overnight but said it would only get better with time.
    ?I think we gelled pretty well together. If he took a shot, I?d take the next one,?? he said.

?If I can take a little bit of pressure off him so he can set up the plays for the next go, then that?s what I?m here to do.
    ?It?s not going to click straight away but we?re very close from being where we want to be and we?re working hard at it.??

Although he was released from the Knights after being informed his services wouldn?t be required for next season, Henry said there were no hard feelings between he and the club.

Instead, he said he was more focussed on making the most of a fresh start with the Titans for the next two-and-a-half seasons.

?This our job and this is our profession so you?ve got to get over it. I?m here at the Titans now so I?m looking forward to it,?? he said.
    ?I?m here for another two years so I?m going to go out there and put my best foot forward on the weekend.??

http://www.titans.com.au/

IMO Capewell should not play in this match and any remaining for that matter...not because we are sour about his move to the Broncos but because we should not be fostering his development for 2012 on behalf of the Broncos. Rankin or Walker is a better option!

Nice to see the Genius Joey Johns having a coaching session with Henry & Prince today just a shame it's probably 16 weeks late but better late than not at all ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

1. Mead
    2. Peyroux
    3. O'Dwyer
    4. Zillman
    5. Vickory
    6. Henry
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Laffranchi
    11. Minichiello
    12. Thompson
    13. Bird

14. Lawrence
    15. White
    16. Ridge
    17. Rankin
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    1. Mead
    2. Peyroux
    3. O'Dwyer
    4. Zillman
    5. Vickory
    6. Henry
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Laffranchi
    11. Minichiello
    12. Thompson
    13. Bird

14. Lawrence
    15. White
    16. Ridge
    17. Rankin
    Doesn't look like Ridge player for Tweed on the weekend, still injured? Not sure about Chalky in the centres either. Just been watching some of the highlights of Tweed- what about Tom Merritt? I don't know much about him, but from the clips he seems quite fast. Something along the lines of -
    1. Mead
    2. Vickory
    3. Zillman
    4. Peyroux
    5. Merritt

Probably far too many new players/changes, but what have we got to lose?

peyroux played well for the tweed on the weekend against easts I watched him with great interest seems to have great footwork and made a couple of hady of loads, maybe deserves a shot know Micheals may be out

Default Titans to axe Luke Capewell after he signs one-year deal with Broncos

Titans to axe Luke Capewell after he signs one-year deal with Broncos

GOLD Coast Titans have reacted to Luke Capewell's defection to arch-rivals Brisbane by dumping the talented utility back to the Queensland Cup.

The Broncos yesterday confirmed they had snared 22-year-old Capewell from the Titans for the 2012 season.

Gold Coast's response was swift, with The Courier-Mail last night learning that Capewell had been dropped for the Titans' clash with Newcastle at Ausgrid Stadium on Sunday.

The Charleville product, who has played 35 NRL matches for South Sydney and Gold Coast, will instead line up for Titans feeder club Ipswich, who travel to Cairns to take on Northern Pride on Saturday in an Intrust Super Cup clash.

It's all but certain that 19-year-old Jordan Rankin will be Capewell's replacement in the Titans side for the visit to Newcastle.

"I'll discuss it with my coaching staff tomorrow but considering Jordan will be here next season and he's had a couple of blinders in the under-20s, he'll be in the selection frame," Titans coach John Cartwright said.

Cartwright expressed his disappointment with Capewell's decision to join the Broncos.

"It's all happened pretty quickly. We made an offer for him, it's a little bit of a surprise," he said.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin said Capewell's utility value would prove vital at Brisbane.

"Luke is an elite young player," Griffin said.

"He can play anywhere from halfback to fullback so he can certainly fill plenty of positions for us."

Fears Lockyer would miss Brisbane's clash with Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night were eased yesterday when the Broncos skipper trained at Red Hill with a heavily-bandaged hamstring. Lockyer was injured in Brisbane's 26-6 loss to Melbourne last Friday and was not expected to take part yesterday.

The Courier Mail
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

elite turnstyle
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Who is Carty trying to kid, I can tell you now that Capes was told over 6 weeks ago that the club would not be offering him any money to stay for 2012 :boo:

@GCTitans Gold Coast Titans (twitter)
    Congratulations to Dom Peyeroux who will make his NRL debut this weekend against the @NRLKnights replacing Steve Michaels on the wing.