Newcastle Knights wary of former teammate Beau Henry in match against Gold Coast Titans

IF Newcastle coach Rick Stone had his way, Beau Henry would be lining up against Gold Coast on Sunday at Ausgrid Stadium.
Instead, the new Titans five-eighth will be plotting against his former club after being shown the door mid-season by the Knights.

Previous experience tells Stone to be more than a little wary of a player with a point to prove.

Three weeks ago, he was burnt by another Knights discard, Cory Paterson.

Less than a month after being cut loose by the club, Paterson returned to Newcastle with the North Queensland Cowboys and set up a try and scored the game sealer in an upset win.

Understandably, Stone is not looking for history to repeat itself on Sunday.

"They are both young blokes who had to leave the club through professional circumstances,"Stone said.

"The decision with both of them was not mine.

"I was the one who brought Beau to our club. I wouldn't have done that if I was going to let him go halfway through the first year of a three-year deal.

"He is a long term first grader who I'm sure will prove that at the Titans if John Cartwright is patient with him. Having Scott Prince there will be good for him too."

Clearly, Stone sees the potential in Henry that in-coming Knights coach Wayne Bennett doesn't.

Newcastle still have an injury cloud over halfback Jarrod Mullen. He's expected to be ruled out today with Stone tipped to push Kurt Gidley into a halfback showdown with rival Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/