Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Repulsive Refereeing Standards 2011

I've had a gut-full of these jacks in pink, they are ruining our game. I thought a thread dedicated to the verbal bashing of these twats is called for. Maybe we could keep a running tally of the **** decision against us and put it against their name? I'll kick it off the thread with an article:
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 02-05-11 at 01:20 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

NRL ref blunders turn off punters

* Phil Rothfield
    * May 02, 2011 12:00AM
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226047965217

Confusing: punters are being scared off by the terrible standard of refereeing in the NRL throughout the season. Source: The Daily Telegraph

SYDNEY'S biggest punters have been scared off betting on rugby league by the poor standard of refereeing, costing bookmakers and the TAB a fortune in weekend turnover.

Businessman Eddie Hayson, who has been known to bet hundreds of thousands of dollars a weekend on games, says he has all but given up punting on the game.

"Matches used to be decided by speed, strength and skill," Hayson said. "Now they're being decided by referees, touch judges, video refs and all their mistakes.

"I'm watching AFL now and betting on their games because at least you know the best team is likely to win and a refereeing blunder won't cost you your money.

"I honestly think as many as six out of eight games every weekend are affected by questionable refereeing calls.

"I've watched and been a fan of the game for more than 30 years and I can never recall the refereeing standards being this bad."

Hayson said other big Sydney punters were steering away from rugby league for the same reason.

"I was talking to Kingsley Bartholomew the other day - he's the same as me," Hayson said. "He only bets small now if he bets at all.

"Look at some of the weekend games ... I only watched a couple. In the Canberra-Tigers game, they called a couple of forward passes that weren't even flat. It was shocking.

"And the Titans-Roosters game ... if the Titans had lost they would have torn the grandstand down.

"It was terrible, the serve they copped.

"I notice too there's been a lot of back-chatting penalties this year - that's only because the players are so confused about scrum penalties, walking off the mark half a metre, all the nit-picking."
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Good Thread , nothing like a Good Ref Bashing especially when they deserve it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Manly jipped once again. Terrible stuff

I thought the play the ball calls on Bird & Minichiello were pathetic. I watched the Cowboys vs Manly game afterwards and there were at least a dozen similar infringements and none of them were penalised.

QLD Cup Titan

Well out of this weekend's games - atleast we aren't the only fans whinging about the reffing! I hate coming away from a game and "blaming" the refs but seriously so many calls against us - I don't mind when within a game it is consistent but we cop the raw end so many times!
    When the refs left the stadium on Saturday night and copped some "words" from titans fans - their comments were "I'd hate to see them if they had lost!" then beeped the horn as they drove away - bloody cheeky buggers!
    I understand they are "human" and all referee in a different way ie focus on different areas but they use video ref when they don't need to and don't use it when they should! And forward passes and knock on's - don't even get me started!!!!! Add that to late shots on kickers - well we get done for a shot that isn't even late yet Prince gets hit week after week with not even a look at it!!!!!! CONSISTENCY - is it too much to ask for?

ok here is my bit ..... i LOVE the titans and LOVE watching the games ... BUT i was at the game on the weekend and if titans had of lost that i wouldnt of gone to any more games this year ... i sat there in frustration and it really killed me .... whats the point of having a video referee if they dont do anything or when they do they just f..... it up ...... that was an absolute joke... and sadly it wasnt just our game , manly copped an absolute flogging from the jokes we call our refs this is a joke im over it we cop it every week and not just this yr , refs cost us like 2 or 3 games in a row last yr .....grrrrrrrrrrr i just want to them hahaha anyway theres my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've had a gut-full of these jacks in pink, they are ruining our game. I thought a thread dedicated to the verbal bashing of these twats is called for. Maybe we could keep a running tally of the **** decision against us and put it against their name? I'll kick it off the thread with an article:
    Tamwelg - You edited out '****', but not 'twats'?
    Since when is Karmichael Hunt a swear word?
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 02-05-11 at 07:53 PM.

I agree with this thread completely.
    I have had an issue with them all year, they are under a directive to stop the Titans speed in the ruck, and I have no doubt certain players are on there Rick sheets.
    They are there for fairness , they are not there as police.

They have clamped us down so much, that every 50/50 call is against us.
    I am over it, I don't know if Harrigans trying to get revenge against Boughten from SL war. Or News are directing them to punish Searle for the Commission he is pushing. But IMO it is sinister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Thanks for this thread, expecting to see a lot of editing if the refs don't improve,when will they get it that i didn't buy membership to watch people in pink make fools of themselves it destroys the viewing quality of the game. also if i have just witnessed a try for or against, its a try i don't want to watch it in slow mo to find fault somewhere in the final put down, i am all for the video ref but let him watch it at the same speed as all the rest of us,but all the angles, if it looks like a try then it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Tamwelg - You edited out '****', but not 'twats'?
    Since when is Karmichael Hunt a swear word?
    Trying to use a play on words to bypass the swearing filter is still not on mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

this isn't anything new, ever since the 2 ref system was introduced the reffing blunders have got 10 times worse and the standard of good officiating has detioriated every week, i think we should go back to 1 ref but it wont happen

Ive been saying to people, "I don't want to sound like a whinging Titans supporter just because we are losing, but the refereeing has been ****ed" and everyone has agreed so far. While the refereeing has been ordinary across the board, it has been atrocious AGAINST the Titans.

I would rather go back to no video ref and you just accept the refs decision, good or bad. Whats the point of having all the time wasted with video refs when they just get it wrong half the time anyway.

I have always said, the video ref descision making should be done at normal speed. That is how the game is played, so that is how it should be adjudicated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Ive been saying to people, "I don't want to sound like a whinging Titans supporter just because we are losing, but the refereeing has been ****ed" and everyone has agreed so far. While the refereeing has been ordinary across the board, it has been atrocious AGAINST the Titans.

I would rather go back to no video ref and you just accept the refs decision, good or bad. Whats the point of having all the time wasted with video refs when they just get it wrong half the time anyway.

I have always said, the video ref descision making should be done at normal speed. That is how the game is played, so that is how it should be adjudicated.
    yeah and the video refs get it wrong 50% of the time when its a slightly doubtful try

That article on punters turning away from the NRL because of refs decisions is dead set spot on...If there are any statistics on it, I'd be in one of them.