Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Tagataese off to Sharks on 3-yr deal

Tagataese off to Sharks on 3-yr deal

EXPLOSIVE Gold Coast Titans forward Sam Tagataese has been granted a mid-season release to join the Cronulla Sharks on a three-year contract.

The deal is effective immediately and could see Tagataese turning out for The Shire as early as next weekend against the Bulldogs.

Tagataese only informed Titans teammates of his decision on Thursday and finished his address by saying 'I will see you all in a couple of weeks', referring to what now promises to be an intriguing clash with Cronulla at Skilled Park in a fortnight.

Titans football manager Scott Clark said Tagataese, who sat out last night's game against the Dragons, would not play another game for the Gold Coast.

Tagataese had become a cult hero since joining the Titans from the Melbourne Storm in 2009, his brutal defensive style a highlight with fans.

But behind the big hits, Tagataese has largely struggled to nail down a permanent spot in the starting 17.

He has been restricted to just seven NRL games this season, stuck behind a wealth of Titans back row talent including Ash Harrison, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Bodene Thompson, Ben Ridge and Luke O'Dwyer.

Tagataese still had another two years to run on his current Titans deal, but cut it short to take up the Sharks offer which will take him through to the end of 2014.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We get rid of someone who can defend and we buy someone who can't defend or attack, good business right their.

Good luck Tagataese !

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

This is disappointing news, we will miss his strength and aggression, but hope he goes well at the sharks. On the other hand it has just been officially announce that we have signed Beau Henry from Newcastle effective Monday.

**** that why??? He isnt a 80 minute player sure but he is awesome off the bench and he puts fear in other teams, disappointed.

He didn't want to stay here, good on the Titans for letting him go. He's in search of big minutes, but quite frankly - he's not good enough for them
    Mark Minichiello ---> Team Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Matt View Post
    but quite frankly - he's not good enough for them

Banned

wtf my favorite player just sold away the only player with real defense and aggression we have and can make the odd line break and offload, searle are you trying to screw us then leave for another club?

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Matt View Post
    He didn't want to stay here, good on the Titans for letting him go. He's in search of big minutes, but quite frankly - he's not good enough for them
    I agree, Im struggling to see how he is going to get game time for them.

Sh!t, fark and pooh ... are we the only club who doesn't improve players but hope to buy them on a dream and a wish?

I have posted in this forum my support for Tagataese but if he doesn't fit then "fair enough" but my point is name a player who came to us as a nuffie and the club has turned them into anything?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sh!t, fark and pooh ... are we the only club who doesn't improve players but hope to buy them on a dream and a wish?

I have posted in this forum my support for Tagataese but if he doesn't fit then "fair enough" but my point is name a player who came to us as a nuffie and the club has turned them into anything?
    zillman

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonely Turtle View Post
    zillman
    Bull****.
    Zilly was one of the best fullbacks around, he was tearing it up for Canberra before his knee reco's.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

zillman
    Did you only start watching NRL this year?

hahaahah thats the funniest thing ive ever heard

hahaahah that's the funniest thing i have ever heard
    So you do know Zillman was a great FB before he got injured and signed with the Titans ?

i actually thought he was just in the right place at the right time with descent halves, now he makes things happen himself and i see him as a better player than what he was.