Default Tennis: Who will win the Australian Open?

Tennis: Who will win the Australian Open?

Well my money is on:

Mens: Andy Roddick - favourable draw and in brilliant form heading into the Open. I have been a fan of the talented American with the big serve for some time. I think he can knock off Federer.

Womens: Lindsay Davenport - the number one seed and consumate professional who will always be there abouts slipping under the radar until the business end of the tournament.

I have $$ on each player at thereabouts $7 and I am feeling good about that right now.

Roger Federer is the obvious danger for Roddick with Hewitt an unknown quantity after a bit of a layoff and scrappy form in the lead up.

The womens field is so deep and the winner could come from a at least 10 ladies with the Williams sisters a danger for mine.

Who you got?

DeeGan

Interesting Choices...

My Money is on:

Men: Andy Roddick, Tommy Hass and Lleyton Hewitt

Well Roddick is in great form and could really do the job if he gets it right, Hewitt just looks ready to have a good tournament, and Hass, well he is the only guy who has beaten Federer and that was twice this year alone.. so if he gets through to Federer, then I'd be odds on Hass..

Womens: Lindsay Davenport, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Ana Ivanovic

Yep Lindsay has to be the favourite, she is in superb form and will be hard to beat, Justine will have learnt and gained a lot from Friday's marathon win at the Medibank International and should be much stronger for it, and Ana is the dark horse IMO.. she is super strong and has a great serve and has troubled all the top seeds, including Sharapova... so yeah I have her as the dark horse, she impresses me..

Titan Club Captain

Martina is playing in this isnt she....??
    If she is i want her to win she was my fav tennis player untill she stopped playing....

Hewitt and Lindsay Davenport
    Steve Rogers- A True Immortal!

Titan One Clubman

Men- Roddick, Nalbandian, Dent, Blake

Roddick has the best 2nd serve in the game, Nalbandian is a great hard court player, Blake and Dent would be my dark horses, both have the talent, it is just a question of consistency.

Woman- Clijsters, Hennin-Hardenne, Ivanovic.

Clijsters seems to be in some great form and now has added confidence now that she has a grand slam title under her belt, Hennin Hardenne has also showed some great form since returning from injury. Ana Ivanovic is also my dark horse, she has a good serve and a killer forehand, if she can get to the 2nd week of the open who knows what will happen.

Mens: Lleyton or Roddick
    Womens: Clijsters

QLD Cup Titan

I'm another that thinks Roddick will prevail in the mens singles while i'll tip Sharapova to win the Women's.

My money is firmly on
    Mens
    Federer

Womans
    Davenport