Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

maybe put champion or idris outside zillman, with mead at fb?

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Yeah, it felt like an away game. We were definitely a minority where we were sitting. Oh and it had to be a Cowboys supporter who won the $5k.
    I was asking for a re-draw...I thought they had to be in their seat to win...he definitely wasn't in his allotted seat...in fact he was on the other side of the stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Daly Cherry-Evans
    Boom .... Winner
    #itaintweaktospeak

So because Zillman played awesome at centre should we re-shuffle the team just so he can play there?

Without knowing what is happening with Capewell, I'd say keep Zilly at FB. We have centres for next year. Cost a fortune, but we have them.

We look like we have a 5/8 now. We had, and now still have a great #9. Our HB is one of the best, and there is no reason he can't regain his old form now that we are getting the team sorted.

So, back to the question of Zillman. I'd say play him wherever he is going to be playing next year, not where he plays well just for this year.

Zillmans actually put in some good games for all of the positions he's been put in this year. However, I do agree that with the uncertainty of where Capewell's gonna end up, coupled with that Warriors game Zilly played last year, he should be playing the 1 if that's where hes gonna end up next year

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I was asking for a re-draw...I thought they had to be in their seat to win...he definitely wasn't in his allotted seat...in fact he was on the other side of the stadium!
    Haha, yeah he was. Sitting in a more expensive section, too.

I just watched the first half against the Cowboys and we played some good footy.

Zillman had a blinder at left centre

Henry was ordinary but by using a second distributor, our attacking runners found space out wide.
    Some of his kicks did find open field which took presser off prince.

I still haven't seen Capewell beat a defender with the ball.

Junior Titan

Zillmans played better at centre in his first game then Idris has all year, we will not win a premiership with idris at centre

Zillman proves versatility for Titans

NOT than long ago they were calling William Zillman "The Chosen One".

But the Titans' Mr Versatility, long considered Preston Campbell's successor at fullback, has emerged as a saviour for the Gold Coast in the centres.

In a season that has produced few high points -- and even fewer wins -- Zillman has proven he was the Titans' Total Package after filling yet another role in the backline admirably against the Cowboys on Saturday night.

Playing opposite returning Kangaroos star Brent Tate in just his third game ever at centre, Zillman proved adept, landing a first-half double and taking a small victory over his opposite.

Despite the arrival of recruits Beau Champion and Jamal Idris over the off-season as cover for departing centres Clinton Toopi (retirement) and Esi Tonga (Eels), the 25-year-old former Raiders flyer could keep his place out wide, a move he would also strongly consider.

"It's been a funny year in that sense," said Zillman of a season where he has spent time at fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback.

"I've played a few positions but it's been good for me to get around the field and taste of a few positions ... that part has been enjoyable.

"Getting moved around, while it's tough at times, if it means helping the team so be it, because I just want to help the team as much as I can."

In another encouraging sign for the Titans, there was also plenty to take from the performance of mid-season recruit Beau Henry, who combined well with captain Scott Prince at five-eighth in his first appearance for his new club.

The concern however for the Gold Coast came through winger Steve Michaels, who is expected to miss this weekend's trip to Newcastle after he was forced from the field with yet another concussion.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We played some good football and I saw noticable improvements.

The Cowboys just blew us away with those two tries after the break... Unfortunately. Matt Bowen was again fantastic against us.

Zillman was a revelation at centre. And while he has played every position in the backline, gee I am tempted to see him stay there. But at the end of the day Id like one of our classiest players in one of the key positions.

With Michaels likely out next week against the Knights, it would help the shuffle.

Beau Henry made a solid debut and I could already see the benefits of having him out there. Giving more time and less heat to Scott is the priority. And I hope Beau is suitably warmed up to face his former club, the Knights.

Seeing linebreaks was a joy. I felt like a thirsty man in the desert who just found an oasis.

The Cowboys were out to slay their doubters without Thurston and the great man's aura ebbed from the sidelines. Although without Thurston there is alot of lack of purpose. But that is no surprise. Well done Cowboys.

Well done to the many Cowboys fans at the game, including the many who came down from NQ.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think we all need to get together, members from all corners of the stadium to truly nut this one out. We all want what is best for the atmosphere at Skilled Park. We want it to sizzle.

The Legion was at a disadvantaged with only one drum that isn't best suited for the job at hand. We are working on new ways to solve the problem.

But The Legion had a strong turn out, so that was pleasing. Very pleasing to see all the familar faces and more new in tough times.

I often run around with my big flag after we score and I went up and visited the north east section for a while. And it was unusually difficult to hear the drum and the chants. Although it was pleasing to hear people joining in.

I do agree with C Whiz personally, that our cause would be helped if we had a few pockets of diehard support in other locations, even if it is only a dozen, that makes a big difference.

We will make sure our plans are ready to roll out for the Storm game.

And much appreciation and respect to the thousands of Cowboys supporters who came down from NQ and those local ones. They had alot to cheer about, which always helps. But they were all super vocal.

In my book, bring in the rival fans! It creates great atmosphere, challengers Titans fans and at the end of the day helps to fill the stadium, which will one day grow to create lots of demand and limited supply.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I really enjoyed the game and although disappointed in the result I wasn't devastated.

But on another note, what about the Cowboy crowd! I sit in section 20 (aisle seat) so I am right next to section 21 which is Titanium members seating but there are not many memberships sold in this section as there are always different bodies or empty seats on most game days. But not last night. I am unsure what happened but for some bizarre reason the Titanium section was filled with Cowboy supporters. It seemed more supporters there than in the away bay? It seems to much of a coincidence that the bay was filled with them so I was curious as to how they all got to sit there.

So a couple of questions....

1/ Amaline, I caught up with you last night early and you mentioned you were sitting with your Dad in Titanium, do you agree with my comments in regards to the Cowboys in section 21?

2/ Cowboy Titan, I can only assume you are a Cowboys forum member. Was there a deal for Cowboys for this game? It doesn't look like there was as I went onto the Cowbos Forum briefly and saw nothing obvious. This amazes me as I have never seen so many away supporters sitting together that weren't in an away bay section

Legion, I assume once again that you guys yelled your hearts out! I heard absolutely nothing! Sitting between the away bay and the mob in section 21 all I heard was Cowboys chants all night. Had I have never been to skilled before and just awoken from a coma I would have thought I was in Townsville...albeit a very cool Townsville.

That is not a dig at you guys....I mentioned above that you probably yelled your hearts out as per usual. The point I am trying to get across is that where I sit I (and the rest of section 20 and 19) had absolutley no chance of ever hearing you.

I have not watched the replay yet but with the Cowboy crowd sitting in section 20 (smack in the middle of the vision of the cameras) it must show more Cowboy support than Titans support, which would be disappointing.

P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.

Had my rant....going now.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 25-07-11 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post

Have to disagree about Henry. I was impressed with his contribution. I thought his kicks were effective and took a bit of the pressure of Prince and we know Prince needs the pressure taken off him.
    If we continue with Prince and Henry in the halves we can go get the spoon now.

That is just my opinion though, never liked Henry when he played for Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well done to the many Cowboys fans at the game, including the many who came down from NQ.
    Thanks Brad. We had a pretty strong turnout and all had a great time. That's two away wins in a row without Thurston. Maybe some people will lay off about the boys lack of ability without him.

Now for the Titans to win the 6 straight to finish the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    Thanks Brad. We had a pretty strong turnout and all had a great time. That's two away wins in a row without Thurston. Maybe some people will lay off about the boys lack of ability without him.

Now for the Titans to win the 6 straight to finish the season.
    No worries. In my opinion it is something WE should seize and have a strategy club by club to bring all the supporters back and more. People such as yourself are great contacts and ambassadors.

The way to sell out Skilled Park is via a pincer move. Members and Titans fans but also garnering rival fanbases. And of course the event going casual sports fans that are so valuable.

I'm at the same end as the legion so from where I was it sounded quite loud. But obviously other parts of the ground don't notice as much.