Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Who other than Tariq Sims can beat Srama for rookie of the year?

I really enjoyed the game and although disappointed in the result I wasn't devastated.

But on another note, what about the Cowboy crowd! I sit in section 20 (aisle seat) so I am right next to section 21 which is Titanium members seating but there are not many memberships sold in this section as there are always different bodies or empty seats on most game days. But not last night. I am unsure what happened but for some bizarre reason the Titanium section was filled with Cowboy supporters. It seemed more supporters there than in the away bay? It seems to much of a coincidence that the bay was filled with them so I was curious as to how they all got to sit there.

So a couple of questions....

1/ Amaline, I caught up with you last night early and you mentioned you were sitting with your Dad in Titanium, do you agree with my comments in regards to the Cowboys in section 21?

2/ Cowboy Titan, I can only assume you are a Cowboys forum member. Was there a deal for Cowboys for this game? It doesn't look like there was as I went onto the Cowbos Forum briefly and saw nothing obvious. This amazes me as I have never seen so many away supporters sitting together that weren't in an away bay section

Legion, I assume once again that you guys yelled your hearts out! I heard absolutely nothing! Sitting between the away bay and the mob in section 21 all I heard was Cowboys chants all night. Had I have never been to skilled before and just awoken from a coma I would have thought I was in Townsville...albeit a very cool Townsville.

That is not a dig at you guys....I mentioned above that you probably yelled your hearts out as per usual. The point I am trying to get across is that where I sit I (and the rest of section 20 and 19) had absolutley no chance of ever hearing you.

I have not watched the replay yet but with the Cowboy crowd sitting in section 20 (smack in the middle of the vision of the cameras) it must show more Cowboy support than Titans support, which would be disappointing.

P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.

Had my rant....going now.

I do know that there was a deal done between the two clubs, and the cowboys bought down about 300 members.

I agree about the noise, it was quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.
    Yeah, I think that was the NZ game, i was down in front of you, and it did make a difference. I've always said that the Legion needs to have "pockets" around the ground to co-ordinate chants etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Unless he is playing for the Broncos
    yep, I'm trying to keep positive about keeping him. I'm liking him more and more. He's showing great versatility now. A bit to learn, but he's got the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I do know that there was a deal done between the two clubs, and the cowboys bought down about 300 members.

I agree about the noise, it was quiet
    Well if that is the case IMO it was a bad idea to sit them opposite the cameras at our home game. I think they could have squeezed them into sections 12 through to 16 rather than give them the opportunity to 'star' at our home game.

Well if that is the case IMO it was a bad idea to sit them opposite the cameras at our home game. I think they could have squeezed them into sections 12 through to 16 rather than give them the opportunity to 'star' at our home game.
    That's a very good point Shamus.

zillman was amazing...
    we goto stop moving him n let him settle in a possie...
    his been our rock this season tbh.
    cant beleive we didnt get a pentaly when prince put the little grubber through and sorta held back a bit. was enough for me. that turned the match tbh

also with 2011 pretty much over for us. we need to start to look to next year.
    zillman at fb, prince 7 n give herny a chance to make the 6 jumper his, with matty smara at hooker and let them get a combo up
    Last edited by patskE; 24-07-11 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    cant beleive we didnt get a pentaly when prince put the little grubber through and sorta held back a bit. was enough for me. that turned the match tbh

It did turn the match. Cowboys scored in the next set. It happend right next to the Touchie, I cannot believe he ignored it coz he def would have seen it!

1/ Amaline, I caught up with you last night early and you mentioned you were sitting with your Dad in Titanium, do you agree with my comments in regards to the Cowboys in section 21?
    Yeah, it felt like an away game. We were definitely a minority where we were sitting. Oh and it had to be a Cowboys supporter who won the $5k.

Henry - size at 5/8 allows so many more options for the edge players ... I noticed yesterday that the delivery to Henry was pretty average but that should change once he develops some understanding with Srama and Prince ... I agree his kicking game wasn't great but neither was it poor and I feel that was because of the delivery and first game issues.

Capewell - I'm not convinced he's a FB but if we really are going to keep him then he needs to know that he's first 17 material. His managers comment that "the coach doesn't seem to have him in his plans" sort of says it all. Campbell needs to take up his ambassador role.

Zillman - anybody think Champion can play FB? Just kidding but he went pretty well at centre and looked like he enjoyed and could improve on it.

Michaels - I can't question his courage but we should be giving one of the often posted twins Vickory/Peyroux a chance. With concussion here is the opportunity.

Toopi - As much as I hate this solution, maybe O'Dwyer in the centres cuts out the lapses in defence.

Srama - Can't find enough superlatives, not that he can't improve but how badly did we need somebody to play like that week in week out?

Minichiello - Back to the gym mate. If you're going to punch outside your weight then you'd better be able to land them.

And just because it's Sunday morning... next years team:

1. Capewell
    2. Mead
    3. Champion
    4. Zillman
    5. Gordon
    6. Henry
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Myles
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Thompson
    16. Idris
    17. Minichiello
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

We looked good for the first half. Henry looked a lot more promising than other five eighth replacements. Capewell just needs to get a little more confidence in the side and he will go well at fullback.
    Zilly looks at home in the centres, just a bit more work with defensive reads and I would put him above Champion in the pecking order of centres for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Who other than Tariq Sims can beat Srama for rookie of the year?
    Daly Cherry-Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Just watched the replay and there was some really promising signs. The boys can finally hold there heads high and say they really competed. Henry and Capewell solid and will retain there spots. Zillman to centre, I do recall a certain forum member calling this a week before it happened and he owned that position. I thought he showed enough to suggest if he had have been playing there all year it would have been Zillman in the maroon instead of Neilsen.

Toopi and Michaels have had enough chances to redeem themselves, but have been falling short too often, Qcup for the pair of them IMO. The use of Campbell is all wrong. He should be helping the side off the field not on it.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    We looked good for the first half. Henry looked a lot more promising than other five eighth replacements. Capewell just needs to get a little more confidence in the side and he will go well at fullback.
    Zilly looks at home in the centres, just a bit more work with defensive reads and I would put him above Champion in the pecking order of centres for next year.
    I know it's an early call, but I'd also put him next in line behind Inglis and Hodges for the QLD centre spot.