Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Some good signs tonight. So bloody frustrating the second half collapses. The story of the season. Compete well for a while and really drop off in the final 20.

Some good footy tonight in patches...completion rate still poor. Henry had a solid start, Zillman was great in the centres...probably a good thing that Michaels won't remember too much of the game...he had rather ordinary game!

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

I was impressed with Zillman in the centers, gave us some much needed speed out wide, tbh cowboys got some fairly dodgy tries IMO. And here's a stat for all of you, before tonight we have not let a lead of 10+ slip, so it's good to see us breaking records

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Some good footy tonight in patches...completion rate still poor. Henry had a solid start, Zillman was great in the centres...probably a good thing that Michaels won't remember too much of the game...he had rather ordinary game!
    Really noticed Zillmans positive impact early in the game where he made some good breaks.

It seems we're lacking good support play. So many times a player makes a half break and is looking around for support but no ones there, like everyone surprised when it happens.

I think if Carty persists with this line up a win will come soon. Not that Carty has much else to try I guess. What to do with Presto still seems to be a mystery because he really isn't providing the spark they want.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastTitanFan View Post
    I was impressed with Zillman in the centers, gave us some much needed speed out wide, tbh cowboys got some fairly dodgy tries IMO. And here's a stat for all of you, before tonight we have not let a lead of 10+ slip, so it's good to see us breaking records
    At 12-0 up and 14-6 at the half I really thought we could win.

Happiest I've been this season after a loss, the boys competed & apart from a bit of bad luck we were just out played by a team trying jump into the top 4 & we are trying to avoid the Wooden Spoon..

Great games tonight from Zill,Mini & Capewell, unlucky result for Michaels & Toopi should retire tonight

On a funny note those with Sports Ears may have heard Bull's comment to the ref after Michaels was knocked out..

Bull; are u going to send the 12 off (Tariq Simms)
    Ref; No it was an accident
    Bull; He hits too hard he's already knocked me out twice
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    LOL. Tariq is a gun, he's gonna be dangerous for NSW once he makes the side.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Happiest I've been this season after a loss, the boys competed & apart from a bit of bad luck we were just out played by a team trying jump into the top 4 & we are trying to avoid the Wooden Spoon..

Great games tonight from Zill,Mini & Capewell, unlucky result for Michaels & Toopi should retire tonight

On a funny note those with Sports Ears may have heard Bull's comment to the ref after Michaels was knocked out..

Capes played solid, he was run ragged and midway through the 1st half he was struggling bigtime. Mead went into FB and some spark came back. It just goes to show how immensely fit and talented Slater is. Always in top gear 80mins of the game.

I think Michaels must go. Campbell should too - his ad hoc play without the vigour just doesn't fit what we are evolving into. We looked like a team that could win until Henry was hooked.

Zillman made a fair fist of centre. Srama was outstanding, again.

Having backs doing backs things was great ... even factoring Toopi's waywardness into the mix. With some more cohesion we could expect: (a) some support play, (b) the wings getting busier, and (c) the forwards, particularly Bird (and the trainer), getting out of the goddamn way.

I felt for Minichiello when he got b!tch-slapped by that neanderthal Tamou - there should have been 16 other Titans on the field to extract immediate revenge ... we looked like sheilas.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-07-11 at 09:56 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

Well I think Prince had a solid game, and I think it was great to see us break the line, I think Mead was really unlucky not to have scored.

Why do we persist with Toopi? My god how many games do we see him rush out of the line and gift the other centre or winger a try? I'd be have having O'dwyer running in the centers for the remainder of the year if it meant Toopi wasn't playing. Thought that Henry played ok, but shouldn't have come off. Sad to ask this but HAS Preston Campbell became a liability?

Henry is just terrible, bad kicking game and he is extremely predictable.

Prince really didn't do much, didn't make many errors though.

Zillman had a great game, good thing we tried all the possibility's before we signed two new centers.

Matt Srama had a terrific game !

We start like we need to win in the first 10 minutes, but last year we played like we needed to win it in the last 10 minutes. Which way has worked better?

We were so fast tonight it was awesome! For a while. Srama is a gun, Henry is just what we've been needing, CAPES is the new Preston, and will be the "can-do" utility next year.

Zilly will have to be FB, but he was LIGHTNING at centre. But it's not where we need him. Finally I can see the light at the end of the long dark 2011 tunnel.

With better support play we would have put an extra 12-18 on them before halftime. So many wasted opportunities because we weren't up with the ball carrier.
    Fitness? Attitude? Confidence? i don't know, but we let about 3 tries go begging.
    But a lot of positives. We played like a team that has potential again, rather than a team looking for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    CAPES is the new Preston, and will be the "can-do" utility next year.
    Unless he is playing for the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Henry is just terrible, bad kicking game and he is extremely predictable.

Prince really didn't do much, didn't make many errors though.

Zillman had a great game, good thing we tried all the possibility's before we signed two new centers.

Matt Srama had a terrific game !
    Prince had a fair game but that's not good enough for the leader of a team.

Zillman and Srama were brilliant.

Michaels does one good thing then 3 or 4 stuff ups. No wonder the Broncos got rid of him.

Have to disagree about Henry. I was impressed with his contribution. I thought his kicks were effective and took a bit of the pressure of Prince and we know Prince needs the pressure taken off him.