Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sonny Bill Williams. WTF???

WTF were channel 9 thinking putting SBW on at half time? Apparently the wanker who runs 9 is a fan. Big whoopdy-f#@$ing-do! The NRL is a eunuch that lets anyone abuse it at will, and it would seem Gyngell and Murdoch must like messing around with Eunuchs.

It was a disgrace, and during the biggest game to the biggest TV audience watching RL. Ive lost any faith in the NRL and channel 9 to convince me that they are standing up to rivals and have RL fans best interests at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    WTF were channel 9 thinking putting SBW on at half time? Apparently the wanker who runs 9 is a fan. Big whoopdy-f#@$ing-do! The NRL is a eunuch that lets anyone abuse it at will, and it would seem Gyngell and Murdoch must like messing around with Eunuchs.

It was a disgrace, and during the biggest game to the biggest TV audience watching RL. Ive lost any faith in the NRL and channel 9 to convince me that they are standing up to rivals and have RL fans best interests at heart.
    Not really a big deal, all he done was talk.

It's business nothing to do with NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post

What ? haha nothing to do with the NRL?
    Its the biggest showcase we have, and they are promoting another sport, and a bloke that dragged our code through the mud.

I agree with CWiz, it is a disgrace, the sooner Nine lose the NRL rights the better
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Its the biggest showcase we have, and they are promoting another sport, and a bloke that dragged our code through the mud.

I agree with CWiz, it is a disgrace, the sooner Nine lose the NRL rights the better
    +1 Cwiz has my vote as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

+1 .................
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

LMFAO! Not a big deal....
    Business? For who? Ch 9 weren't broadcasting the Union game, and I don't believe have any rights to the Super Rugby matches at all. In fact, I believe FOX has a 10 year rights package. FOX (Murdoch) is killing RL (for reasons we probably know, but can;t be certain), ch9 is meant to be the NRL (ARL in terms of SOO) shining light, but clearly their interest is not with the best interests of League.

And Andrew Voss needs a good kick up the ar$# for his constant pandering to other codes and specifically code jumpers.

And Andrew Voss needs a good kick up the ar$# for his constant pandering to other codes and specifically code jumpers.
    Bloke is a ****wit, he does it week in week out on every show and now apparently during SOO.

Business? For who? Ch 9 weren't broadcasting the Union game, and I don't believe have any rights to the Super Rugby matches at all. In fact, I believe FOX has a 10 year rights package. FOX (Murdoch) is killing RL (for reasons we probably know, but can;t be certain), ch9 is meant to be the NRL (ARL in terms of SOO) shining light, but clearly their interest is not with the best interests of League.

Couldn't agree more Whiz , Voss is a Tosser & should only be allowed to read from a script

On SBW that was an absolute joke as the Mundine wannabe should never be interviewed when it involves the Great Game he walked away from
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ch9 meant to be the NRL?, I believe that is Fox Sports.

Ill explain the point i made about business,

1. By having SBW on the halve time show it gained your attention, keeping the number of viewers up.

2. NBN have shared Union world cup rights for 2011 and who is going to play in that comp? SBW.

3. NBN show super 15 (highlights)

Argue away.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 12-07-11 at 10:19 AM.

I think it is absolutely disgraceful and disrespectful of our biggest night. And Id say that even if it wasn't SBW who trying trashed and hurt our game.

9 is after ratings and profit, we shouldnt let it happen and Im more than disappointed to see little teamwork from 9.

I cant even draw a parralel between other codes and this... because it wouldnt happen. But we just wouldnt see it even if there was a similiar case study.

NRL should take a tough stance on this and also in our next broadcast deal.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I agree with Phil Gould, who threatened to walk off the Sunday Roast a few weeks ago when Vossy continued to talk about AFL. And Phil said they wouldnt offer us the same. True true.

Remember Union is the game that claimed that we would be dead and buried and that they would BUY Rugby League with their 2003 World Cup warchest.

I've got a long memory.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    9 is after ratings and profit,
    Yes,
    As i said business.

It's unfortunate that a lot of folks get drawn into the politics of sport. As it tends to be negative more often than not, and detracts from the sport itself.

I like both codes (league moreso), and enjoy it for what they are. Last Wednesday and Saturday Nights were testament to that, especially for us Queenslanders!

Well to some it isn't politics, it's history and tradition. And the fact that the two other major football codes both want what we have. I take it seriously.

But more power to those who support both codes or all. Not my cup of tea though.

Ch9 meant to be the NRL?, I believe that is Fox Sports.

Ill explain the point i made about business,

1. By having SBW on the halve time show it gained your attention, keeping the number of viewers up.

2. NBN have shared Union world cup rights for 2011 and who is going to play in that comp? SBW.

3. NBN show super 15 (highlights)

Argue away.
    Point 1. Not a single person stayed any longer because SBW was on at half time, you half wit! We stayed watching because we were waiting for the friggin' SOO to start again. The same as I waited all week, all year, for the series to roll around again. SBW was an unwanted distraction from this, and it was cringe-worhty to say the least.

Points 2 & 3. Pffft......