Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I've got a long memory.
    IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman.

  2. #17
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman.
    but it wouldn't be independent then would it? but gets my vote

    on topic ... i nearly vomited when I saw that traitorous sheep-shagger associated with an event he could only dream about particpating in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  3. #18
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,769

    Default

    Harden up fellas, it was a 30 second talk. No need to get all emo about it

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Point 1. Not a single person stayed any longer because SBW was on at half time, you half wit! We stayed watching because we were waiting for the friggin' SOO to start again. The same as I waited all week, all year, for the series to roll around again. SBW was an unwanted distraction from this, and it was cringe-worhty to say the least.

    Points 2 & 3. Pffft......
    1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set, and for others they come on forums complain about it put channel 9 in the topic thus giving them free advertisement.

    You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.

    Basicly advertising is worth more when more people are watching so they tried somthing to keep the ratings high. I don't agree with the fact they done this but they should have put a rule in the TV rights deal stopping this type of thing from happening.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 13-07-11 at 09:20 AM.

  5. #20
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set

    You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.
    Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now.
    Never said they would switch over some might leave the room and some might get on the computer.

    What was it 2million+ watched it, it seems likely that some people from that 2million would be interested in SBW. Considering the chances are some of them viewers also watch union.

    In the end it's business.

    Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hah
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 14-07-11 at 09:05 AM.

  7. #22
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hah
    Mate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

    If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

    I'm happy to leave it at that.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Mate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

    If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

    I'm happy to leave it at that.
    Alright , we will leave it at that

  9. #24
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman.
    Thanks mate, that is the ultimate compliment, especially coming from you, someone whose opinion I very much take great value in.

    I think Nine have some more enjoyable rugby union cross overs planned for the weeks ahead.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew