Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I've got a long memory.
    IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    but it wouldn't be independent then would it? but gets my vote

on topic ... i nearly vomited when I saw that traitorous sheep-shagger associated with an event he could only dream about particpating in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Harden up fellas, it was a 30 second talk. No need to get all emo about it

Point 1. Not a single person stayed any longer because SBW was on at half time, you half wit! We stayed watching because we were waiting for the friggin' SOO to start again. The same as I waited all week, all year, for the series to roll around again. SBW was an unwanted distraction from this, and it was cringe-worhty to say the least.

Points 2 & 3. Pffft......
    1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set, and for others they come on forums complain about it put channel 9 in the topic thus giving them free advertisement.

You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.

Basicly advertising is worth more when more people are watching so they tried somthing to keep the ratings high. I don't agree with the fact they done this but they should have put a rule in the TV rights deal stopping this type of thing from happening.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 13-07-11 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set

You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.
    Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now.

Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now.
    Never said they would switch over some might leave the room and some might get on the computer.

What was it 2million+ watched it, it seems likely that some people from that 2million would be interested in SBW. Considering the chances are some of them viewers also watch union.

In the end it's business.

Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hah
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 14-07-11 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hah
    Mate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

I'm happy to leave it at that.

Mate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

I'm happy to leave it at that.
    Alright , we will leave it at that

Thanks mate, that is the ultimate compliment, especially coming from you, someone whose opinion I very much take great value in.

I think Nine have some more enjoyable rugby union cross overs planned for the weeks ahead.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER