QLD Cup

Default Introducing myself

Hi everyone. This is the first forum I've subscribed to but Ive been reading threads for the last year and thought it time to at least make some contribution.

About me. I was a West Panthers fanatic in the 70's and dutyfully went to the QLD v NSW interstate matches every year before Origin. Always went with hope, always came home deflated. Wests were the same, always promised much, with name players (remember Oliphant, Ribot, Carr, Twist, Robson et al) but couldnt crack a premiership.

Recently, with the Titans going through pain I'm thinking what it takes to be a "good team" player, not just a "name" player. I think that Wayne Bennett must know because he brings out the best in "good" players and isnt scared to drop "name" players if he thinks that he cant get consistency or the team structure needs to change.

Which brings me to the Titans. After watching them since the beginning I continued watching them because they were honest toilers full of character. They are however the most frustrating of teams, never put an opposition away, and when they look like they are getting hammered, do enough to make themselves look better than they are.

Last year they dodged a few bullets got a few miracle wins and looked better than they had in previous years. If not for Rogers and Friends great form at the back end of the season they were heading for a deja vue all over again experience.

This year no Rogers, no Friend and the other frailties (silly penalties, dropped ball, missed opportunities in attack) are exposed. I applaud the new signings but if these "name" players dont come together as a team, play honest controlled football beginning with defence, I would guess that we may be in for a long and disappointing season.

So it starts now learning how to win or at the least be competitive. Complete sets and take controlled chances. Thanks for your support of the team, but just remember in the end it all just a game.

Welcome to the forum mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Onya TB ... as one ex-Panther from the Coast to another, I point out the value of a decent 5/8 eg Geoff Richardson and what happens when you don't have one eg Titans 2011.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

G'day TB, nice opening post!

I think you've nailed it, so get that post count high by throwing them around in the main forums.

Cheers mate, and welcome.

QLD Cup

Thank for the greetings. I'm not someone to write a lot but I enjoy others comments. Geoff Richardson brings back memories. Perhaps the Titans can poach some other Wallaby 5/8. Just dreaming

Welcome to the Titans Forum Wests Panthers will be back one day.