Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will Matthews to the Dragons; Rankin re-signs for a year

According to today's Gold Coast Bulletin Will Matthews has signed a two year deal with the Dragons. Rankin has extended for a year. Kayne Lawton, Shannon Walker and Luke Capewell are the only ones off-contract for next year.

would of signed walker n lawton b4 rankin tbh

can anyone say y matthews hasnt played alot of 1st grade latey? i thought he was progessing well? did he get injuryed then go back to the start of the line?

Another local (ish) junior lost.

Good to see Rankin staying, i can't really comment on Mathews.

Cartwright will probably come out in the press soon and say due to salary cap pressure we have to let Walker and Capewell leave the club.

Mathews is not 1st grade material at the moment & happy to see Rankin get another year to prove his worth..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Good to see Rankin staying, i can't really comment on Mathews.

Cartwright will probably come out in the press soon and say due to salary cap pressure we have to let Walker and Capewell leave the club.
    Both wont be at the club next year, I know Capewell wont be

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Both wont be at the club next year, I know Capewell wont be
    I think John Cartwright has decided he wants to run the club into the ground.

What a rubbish statement. Cartwright is doing what he thinks is best for the Titans. I hope that if Capewell and Walker are released that they prove Cartwright wrong but he has to trust his judgement. Rankin showed he had some class if not the strength to play first grade. Lawnton should be persisted with IMO. He could be the answer to our 5/8 problem long term and has excellent attributes. It is sad when some of the players you like move on or are moved on but I think it is poor form to suggest that the head coach is trying to derail the club on purpose. Walker can consider himself unlucky as some of his opportunity was robbed by injury. Interestingly Capewell was discarded before he was given a go.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I think John Cartwright has decided he wants to run the club into the ground.
    That's a stupid comment. I'm not hapy with many aspects of Carty's work this year but the only thing that keeps us interested is the fact that we are getting some good 1st graders here next year.

Capewell couldn't cut it at Souths why did anybody think he would cut it here?? People got excited because he looked good in a pre-season trial but they count for NOTHING!! The quicker he's gone the better.

As for Matthews, well you can't argue that he wasn't given his chance to be a first grader. He got heaps of games in the past few seasons and he never did anything. Only hope he has of getting a game at the Saints is Origin time.

Walker is the tragedy. He could be doing EXACTLY what Gardner is doing for the Sharks and what Barba is doing for the Dogs but he has never been given even the slightest look in and it is very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That's a stupid comment. I'm not hapy with many aspects of Carty's work this year but the only thing that keeps us interested is the fact that we are getting some good 1st graders here next year.
    So your claiming our first graders are bad ?
    Shannon Walker, Joseph Tomane, Luke Capewell, Matt Srama, Jordan Rankin, Kayne Lawton and sam tagataese are all players Carty's neglected this year.

I don't care about his new signings, give everyone a chance before you assume we need to steel players from other clubs. I think if he changed his team we would all be interested.

Capewell couldn't cut it at Souths why did anybody think he would cut it here?? People got excited because he looked good in a pre-season trial but they count for NOTHING!! The quicker he's gone the better.
    Capewell was one of our best before he was dropped.

Walker is the tragedy. He could be doing EXACTLY what Gardner is doing for the Sharks and what Barba is doing for the Dogs but he has never been given even the slightest look in and it is very disappointing.
    This is because Cartwright has no idea.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 04-07-11 at 10:39 AM.

Junior Titan

Capewell was one of our best before he was dropped.
    On what ****ing planet?

He was ****house.

This is because Cartwright has no idea.
    You're the one with no idea buddy.

If Shannon Walker was going to set the world on fire, he would have done so by now. Instead he has normally come in for a game, made a complete mess of things then acquired an injury soon after. The bloke will not play with so many others in front of him.

When you look back Carty made the right decision putting Tomane in QLD the cup. His defense definitely improved out of sight. If he was in first grade at the start of the season the right side defense would of been completely shot and his head would of been cut completely.

Capewell is the cog in the engine that the Titans did not need. He had his chance, he didn't take advantage of it. I reiterate Karnages post, what are you smoking...

Everyone had doubt's about Srama's readiness for coming into first grade, since he has been there though Carty has stuck with him.

Rankin is not our answer, not this year, probably not next year.

Lawton has not really shown much, Brown was going better than him.

Taga is lazy, a few good hits in him, but lazy.

If the Titans went with any of your suggestions to date, they would be 0/15.

Junior

Hey everyone,

Would you be able to help me out in telling me the current contract situations for the following players:

Luke Capewell, Marshall Chalk, Greg Bird, William Zillman

And any other players off contract at the club.

Cheers in advance

Quote Originally Posted by BING103 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Would you be able to help me out in telling me the current contract situations for the following players:

Luke Capewell, Marshall Chalk, Greg Bird, William Zillman

And any other players off contract at the club.

Cheers in advance
    http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=19493

All the answers about contracts can be found in the above link.

Capewell off contract end of this year.

Chalk came off contract with the Titans in 2010 and has a QRL contract with Ipswitch Jets in 2011.

Bird in technically off contract at the end of this year, but Titans have an option in their favour to keep him for 2012 and 2013.

Zzillman contracted until end of 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    If Shannon Walker was going to set the world on fire, he would have done so by now. Instead he has normally come in for a game, made a complete mess of things then acquired an injury soon after. The bloke will not play with so many others in front of him.
    Walker never got a real chance, why give him the opportunity in the finals anyway. He should have been picked during the season.

When you look back Carty made the right decision putting Tomane in QLD the cup. His defense definitely improved out of sight. If he was in first grade at the start of the season the right side defense would of been completely shot and his head would of been cut completely.
    That is a fair point but at the start of the season a number of players would not defend, tomane was just the one left out.

Capewell is the cog in the engine that the Titans did not need. He had his chance, he didn't take advantage of it. I reiterate Karnages post, what are you smoking...
    Capewell had his chance and was one of our best players.

Everyone had doubt's about Srama's readiness for coming into first grade, since he has been there though Carty has stuck with him.
    Never had any doubt about him, he should have been in the team after Browns first game with Lowton on the bench for the first couple of games anyway.

Rankin is not our answer, not this year, probably not next year.
    Didn't say Rankin was the answer but he should still get a go.

Lawton has not really shown much, Brown was going better than him.
    I don't agree.

Taga is lazy, a few good hits in him, but lazy.
    Yes agreed, Taga was a bad example.

If the Titans went with any of your suggestions to date, they would be 0/15.
    Your entitled to your own opinion, but i still think give players a chance before you go out spending money on new players. Instead Carty played the same team over and over again.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 04-07-11 at 06:08 PM.