Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It seems that Carty is damed if he does damed if he doesn't. Because at what point in this season does he call it and say we are not going to make the finals and blood the youth or just expand on the young players that we have already used ( Thompson , Ridge, Srama, James )? I personally would have liked us to keep Matthews and used him in the Prop rotation and cut Henderson loose. I'm not sure what the answer is. It worked for the Broncos a few years back ( bringing youth in)and now the Broncos are getting the rewards now for it.

I am just wondering how long coaching the Titans Carty will have once next season is in action. I know he has signed a 5 yr extension, but will Searly give Carty the 2012 and 2013 season to get results? Also will questions start to be asked of Scott Prince in those seasons as he will 33 or 34 ( or around that age)? Then the same question will be asked do we go for up and coming kid or do we make a major push for Cooper Cronk as he will be off contract around that time and Souths have made it known that they want him.

To me it's simple. Titans simply dont have the outfit to do anything this year.

The team is vastly diff to that of the previous 2 years. No Rogers, no Friend, no Gordon, no Meyers and for a good chunk of the season no Laffranchi. The team doesnt have a 5/8 and for most part of the season didnt have a hooker - this right here should set the alarm off.

Carty and Co have bought really well for next year and they have not missed a beat in regards to the current playing roster.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    To me it's simple. Titans simply dont have the outfit to do anything this year.

The team is vastly diff to that of the previous 2 years. No Rogers, no Friend, no Gordon, no Meyers and for a good chunk of the season no Laffranchi. The team doesnt have a 5/8 and for most part of the season didnt have a hooker - this right here should set the alarm off.

Carty and Co have bought really well for next year and they have not missed a beat in regards to the current playing roster.
    Don't think the players we have bought will help his dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Don't think the players we have bought will help his dramatically
    2 gun centers
    2 NYC player of the year 5/8's
    1 gun prop
    1 gun back rower

Sounds pretty decent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    2 gun centers
    1 gun prop
    1 gun back rower

+1

How is it possible that the same person can think our coach is too loyal to underperforming players but also oppose bringing in recognised first graders with solid records in representative football...??

There is not one player we have got in our squad (not getting a game in 1st grade) that is even the equal of the players we have bought for 2012.

Right again karnage, however, I would gladly swap Myles for a quality 1/2-5/8. Don't get me wrong, I rate Myles but we need halves soooo badly.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What half or 5/8 did you have in mind Titanic?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    How is it possible that the same person can think our coach is too loyal to underperforming players but also oppose bringing in recognised first graders with solid records in representative football...??

There is not one player we have got in our squad (not getting a game in 1st grade) that is even the equal of the players we have bought for 2012.
    I believe the players the coach is picking are not performing, i would solve the problem by changing the team before i buy players.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I believe the players the coach is picking are not performing, i would solve the problem by changing the team before i buy players.
    I believe the coach has watched most Q Cup games and also seen there are no suitable replacements

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I believe the coach has watched most Q Cup games and also seen there are no suitable replacements
    I believe the coach doesn't like to change his team.

i believe the coach also has a salary cap and cant just bring in 20 new players ??

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    2 gun centers
    1 gun prop
    1 gun back rower

+1

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    i believe the coach also has a salary cap and cant just bring in 20 new players ??
    If that was aimed at me, read my past posts in this topic.

If not sorry