Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61
    Captain Toads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    The boys looked pretty good tonight, in my opinion. Completing sets on a wet paddock, Rogers proved he had good placement with his boot and Prince played a lot better with less pressure on him. Srama had another good game (apart from last intercept). Toopi and Thompson stood out from the pack.

    Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game. Something we haven't done to any team for some time now.

    I don't want to put the mocka on em, or sound like a biased fan. But I honestly do think we might be turning the corner here, with tonights game.
    Last edited by Toads; 08-07-11 at 08:39 PM.

  2. #62
    QLD Cup Titan eelectrica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    My house on Mars
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Story of the Titans season. Plenty of ball inside the opposition 20 with barely a clue what to do with it.

    The effort was there this time, execution still no where to be found.

    Just heard the ABC interview with John Cartwright he said Matt Rogers was an assistant coach as much as anything. Actually rattled off about a thousand roles.

    If Matt stays on next year as an assistant coach, I think it's worth it. Playout the rest of the season and maybe on the field identify what the hell has gone wrong.
    Last edited by eelectrica; 08-07-11 at 08:48 PM.

  3. #63
    Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Noosa
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    can't even raise a smile :-( turned over to watch Wests/Parra and too depressed watching teams actually playing like teams.
    Well that game was of the same quality and ironically the same score

  4. #64
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastTitanFan View Post
    Well that game was of the same quality and ironically the same score
    Just came here to say the same thing.

    I thought the Tigers were genuine title contenders at the start of this season but they are looking as clueless as we are...

  5. #65

    Default

    Got a soft spot for the Titans second favorite team in the NRL I thought Badger didn't help your cause much tonight.
    A pretty average performance by both teams, neither are playing as a team, i was very surprised that Manu's wing wasn't targeted this time around....he is still out of positions and out of form, worked well for Mead last time.
    Take heart guys your Squad is horendously depleted, We had all most a full strength Squad and had no legit excuse.

  6. #66

    Default

    Terrible, just terrible !
    Rogers is just class, the only good thing about the game was watching him play.

  7. #67
    Titans Star Player Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game.
    Rogers kicking game looked promising at first but he ended up over-kicking because the Titans don't have anything else.

    The only reason Warriors seemed like they were on the back foot is because they kept handing possession over.
    Titans don't know what to do with the ball...poor decoy runners and no play maker taking the line on.

    Same old story and poor old Carty doesn't know what to do

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Same old story and poor old Carty doesn't know what to do
    Change the team a little

  9. #69
    Kangaroo Steelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    One can only imagine where the Titans would be had Rogers been in the 6 from Round 1...

  10. #70
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Just came here to say the same thing.

    I thought the Tigers were genuine title contenders at the start of this season but they are looking as clueless as we are...
    As I said, I turned over saw a great try some, excellent defence and turned it off ... couldn't stand it. I've never rated them or the Eels for that matter but I certainly rated our blokes. Rogers really should be just helping coaching ... our season's shot and he's played his 200th now.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  11. #71
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mt Smart View Post
    Got a soft spot for the Titans second favorite team in the NRL I thought Badger didn't help your cause much tonight.
    A pretty average performance by both teams, neither are playing as a team, i was very surprised that Manu's wing wasn't targeted this time around....he is still out of positions and out of form.
    God bless Manu, he is great to watch even out of form

  12. #72
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    The boys looked pretty good tonight, in my opinion. Completing sets on a wet paddock, Rogers proved he had good placement with his boot and Prince played a lot better with less pressure on him. Srama had another good game (apart from last intercept). Toopi and Thompson stood out from the pack.

    Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game. Something we haven't done to any team for some time now.

    I don't want to put the mocka on em, or sound like a biased fan. But I honestly do think we might be turning the corner here, with tonights game.
    I agree I thought that was one of the Titans better performances of the year. If they improve on it I think they will compete quite well with the donkeys on a dry track.

  13. #73
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    At least it was better than the Titans V Panthers or Titans V Rabbitohs. We really have nothing in attack and without James or Bird we really looked quite impotent. Agree that Thompson was great but Toopi was just erratic. Rogers was solid which is more than can he said for most. We are missing a halfback to Marshall our forwards. Our backrow has been off all year with very little energy. Rankin looked okay out there. Zillman should play fullback or wing only, I've seen enough to suggest he is not a half and for Rogers to come on and take control like he did shows Zillman is not up to the task.

    Mead was serviceable but I'm afraid it's time for Michaels to be dropped, his defence is terrible and he offers little in attack. Surely when Tomane cones back he or Tonga would be better on the wing or let's see how Vickery or heaven forbid Walker goes out there.

    The props all played well without being anything special and O'Dwyer seemed solid off the bench, but we don't have any game breakers, which is a concern. Mini is one but he was quiet (often is away from home) and Thompson looks like he has the potential to be one but not sure centre is his go. We need a shake up. Throw all the pieces in the air and see what come down. As good as Lawrence, Henderson, Laffranchi, Bailey and White went tonight Prince still looked rushed and disorganised. What is our plan to breach the defensive line?

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  14. #74
    Junior Titan Titan2007DH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Rogers kicking game looked promising at first but he ended up over-kicking because the Titans don't have anything else.

    The only reason Warriors seemed like they were on the back foot is because they kept handing possession over.
    Titans don't know what to do with the ball...poor decoy runners and no play maker taking the line on.

    Same old story and poor old Carty doesn't know what to do
    Decoy running is ridiculous. Most of the time if they passed it to the decoy runner they would be over the line! I wouldnt call it 'poor decoy runners', its more poor distribution of the ball, poor handling, poor teamwork and anything else you would care to blame it on. As much as I hate to admit, when I saw Bailey slowly make his way onto the field, I knew then it was over before the start. Just looked disinterested.
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

  15. #75
    Junior matti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    358

    Default

    rankin at b, he had some energy!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew