Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Origin Game 3: Queensland vs New South Wales (2011)

Queensland vs New South Wales

QUEENSLAND

TBA

NEW SOUTH WALES

TBA
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thanks to my brother I have tickets to this game and thanks to my girlfriend I have a new Origin jersey. Oh come on and give me a Series win and send off Lockyer how he deserves to be!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Maroons face Origin without Johnathan Thurston

QUEENSLAND Test rugby league halfback Johnathan Thurston is in danger of missing the deciding third State of Origin match.

Thurston was today charged by the NRL match review committee with contrary conduct.

The North Queensland co-captain will miss two games, including the Origin match, unless he can have his grade two charge for alleged contact on referee Matt Cecchin in Saturday night's win over the Warriors downgraded at a judiciary hearing.

An early guilty plea or an unsuccessful defence at the judiciary will result in a two-game ban - the Cowboys' clash with Penrith this Sunday and Origin III at Suncorp Stadium on July 6.

The news is a huge concern to Maroons coach Mal Meninga and his team who ared esperate to send Queensland legend Darren Lockyer out a winner and secure a sixth straight series win.

NSW are equally desperate to break their losing streak and picked up some momentum following last week's 18-8 Origin II victory at ANZ Stadium.

http://www.news.com.au

Hmm, watched the game live on Foxsports on Saturday night, and buggered if I recall JT making such contact. Pity they don't show the contact with the news.com.au article.

Go to this link on the nrl site:

http://www.nrl.com/charged-thurston-...5/default.aspx

You can watch it there

Cheers Rage.

Geez, dunno what to make of that. Hard to say if it was intentional or not (even though that doesn't matter). Strange how JT threw his arms up defensively, just before contact.

Whatever the outcome, as sure as sh!t. It will get blown out of proportion..

Camera is that far away it's hard to see the contact. Looks like Thurston brushes the ref and they both go down.

If Thurston is suspended, we bring Cronk in and unleash hell on NSW.
    QLD this series hasn't got out of cruise control this might just be the spark that does it.

You have to be kidding me.
    How many times a year does this goose of a ref get knocked over, he has the worst positioning in the game.

I can not believe he was charged for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think this one was easily as bad but Carney wasn't charged. Is this a ploy to help NSW win?

You raised a very valid point there, Cowboy Titan.

totally agree ... this referee has taken more dives than Fabregas or he's totally unbalanced ... lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    Is this a ploy to help NSW win?
    If it is it has back fired on them...Thurston wont be charged and Queensland has relied behind their team even stronger.

NSW just don't get it...no wonder Queenslanders are so passionate because those New South Welshman have so many double standards when the judiciary is concerned around State of Origin time it is as one person stated "ludicrous".

Thurston not guilty. Still pretty stupid charge. Refs need to have situational awareness and quit getting in the players way.

Game on Moles
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.