Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Beau Henry joins Titans from Knights immediately

Henry leaves Knights

BEAU Henry will join the Gold Coast Titans on Monday after the Knights five-eighth last night became the latest casualty in Newcastle?s pre-Wayne Bennett cleanout.

When contacted last night, Henry?s manager Gavin Orr said the promising playmaker had signed a three-year deal with the Titans ??an hour ago?? and would join the club next week.

The 21-year-old came to the Knights this season on a three-year deal from premiers St George Illawarra, where he was the 2009 National Youth Competition player of the year but was unable to break into the NRL under Bennett last season.

With Bennett taking over at Newcastle from 2012, speculation was rife that the Warilla Gorillas junior would move on. He last night joined Cory Paterson and Mark Taufua as contracted Knights to find new clubs after being told by Newcastle to explore other options. Paterson has moved to the Cowboys and Taufua will join Cronulla next year.

Orr indicated the move was bittersweet for Henry.

??He?s very happy with the deal but obviously disappointed he wasn?t able to stay at Newcastle with the whole Wayne Bennett situation throwing a spanner in the works,?? Orr said.

??But Beau?s a professional and he knows sometimes you have to move on and he?s looking forward to playing first grade at the Titans.??

Orr said the Titans deal was on similar terms to one Henry had with the Knights and would run for the rest of this season and three more.

The news on Henry came a day after the Knights announced the signing of Dragons, Queensland and Australian star Darius Boyd, which is believed to be a major factor in Henry?s move.

With Boyd at Newcastle next year, Kurt Gidley is expected to move into the halves to partner Jarrod Mullen ? leaving Henry on the outer.

There was also a reported falling out between Bennett and Henry last year.
    Prop Antonio Kaufusi is another contracted Knight who has been told to look elsewhere and hooker Isaac De Gois has been linked with a move back to Cronulla.

Henry had been one of the Knights? major off-season recruits. Having shuffled through an array of halves since the 2007 retirement of Andrew Johns, the Knights saw Henry as a potential long-term heir to Johns.

He made his NRL debut with Newcastle in round one this year against Penrith and put in eye-catching performances before an ankle injury against Manly in round three stalled his season.

He had eight weeks out and returned in the 12-10 loss to the Roosters.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...s/2192014.aspx
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Will he even play first grade with us though? I mean Presto was awesome in the 6 last night so the only way he'll get a run is if Presto drops back to the bench but I dunno if I want that to happen because then we'll probably have to endure a few week's losses as he and Prince start to form yet another new halves combination

Default Beau Henry joins Titans from Knights immediately

Beau Henry leaves Knights, Joins Titans

Beau Henry will join the Gold Coast Titans on Monday after the Newcastle Knights five-eighth last night became the latest casualty in the pre-Wayne Bennett cleanout.

When contacted last night, Henry?s manager Gavin Orr said the promising playmaker had signed a three-year deal with the Titans ??an hour ago?? and would join the club next week.

The 21-year-old came to the Knights this season on a three-year deal from premiers St George Illawarra Dragons, where he was the 2009 National Youth Competition player of the year but was unable to break into the NRL under Bennett last season.

With Bennett taking over at Newcastle from 2012, speculation was rife that the Warilla Gorillas junior would move on. He last night joined Cory Paterson and Mark Taufua as contracted Knights to find new clubs after being told by Newcastle to explore other options. Paterson has moved to the North Queensland Cowboys and Taufua will join the Cronulla Sharks next year.

Orr said the Titans deal was on similar terms to one Henry had with the Knights and would run for the rest of this season and three more.

Source: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/beau-he...s-titans-2375/
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

This is old news

Presto was fair in attack and poor in defence, I rated Henry at the Dragons so maybe, just maybe, he has something for us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gold Coast snap up Henry after Knights grant release

NEWCASTLE five-eighth Beau Henry has cut ties with the club, effective immediately, and is set to line up for the Gold Coast Titans against South Sydney on Friday.

Told he was unwanted by incoming coach Wayne Bennett six weeks ago, the 21-year-old finalised negotiations with the Titans on Friday and will head north today, beginning his new 2?-year contract with the club tomorrow.

Incumbent Knights coach Rick Stone was reluctant to let the former St George Illawarra under-20s star depart this season but Titans chief executive Michael Searle said the club was desperate to fill the void left by retired playmaker Mat Rogers after the likes of Preston Campbell, William Zillman, Greg Bird and Luke Capewell failed to make a significant impact in the position.

''We've signed him for this year and two more - he'll be on the Gold Coast on Monday,'' Searle told The Sun-Herald. ''It's a good one for us. We've been in discussions for four to six weeks and it's been thereabouts for a while.''

He said that despite reports from the Dragons camp that Henry, the Toyota Cup player of the year in 2009, was a handful to deal with at Wollongong and had attitude issues, Newcastle staff insisted he had been a welcome asset at their club.

''Our coaching staff have spoken to Rick Stone and [Knights official] Keith Onslow and the feedback they had was very positive,'' Searle said. ''They were reluctant to let him go. But they saw there was an opportunity for him to cement himself a position with us on the Gold Coast, so they agreed.

''I think they realised … we were very keen to get him up here this year and I think it's a credit to the club that they let him go. A lot of clubs would have just said no. But they understand there's a good opportunity for him on the Gold Coast and a good chance for him to get his feet on the ground sooner rather than later. He comes in as a five-eighth.''

Searle said that given Henry's NRL experience and that he had been playing first grade consistently, he could find himself in the Titans No.6 jumper as early as this Friday.

''That's up to 'Carty' [coach John Cartwright], but yeah, you never know,'' Searle said. ''He's certainly fit enough. Knowing John, I'd say he'll want Beau to spend a bit of time around the team first, but that's not to say he won't play … He'll probably travel with the team.''

It's good news for a Titans side that scored a much-needed win against the Dragons on Friday and welcomed back star back-rower Anthony Laffranchi, who emerged unscathed from the match. Also, Bird and Ashley Harrison are expected to back-up from Origin duty on Friday, while the side suffered no significant injuries.

The Dragons, meanwhile, are set to welcome back winger Brett Morris (hamstring) for their round 15 clash with the Broncos this Friday, as well as most of their Origin stars.

Despite finishing the loss to the Titans on Friday night in obvious pain, skipper Ben Hornby (leg) has been cleared to travel to Brisbane. The clash with the Broncos, which should be one of the biggest games of the year, will not be the spectacle it could be due to it being scheduled two days after State of Origin II.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Henry is actually a pretty decent half. He prefers 7 to 6 and was under 20s player of the year in 09 wearing the 7 jersey. I wonder if we will see Prince playing in 6 as a second receiver, with Locky retiring it would give him a shot to get back in the QLD side. It's all up to him to show he deserves a shot though. He's the size of a backrower as well, so defence is no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    He's the size of a backrower as well, so defence is no issue.
    Beau Henry? Terrible defender.

My brother's a big Knights fan so I watch a lot of their games...he needs a lot of work on tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
    Beau Henry? Terrible defender.

My brother's a big Knights fan so I watch a lot of their games...he needs a lot of work on tackling.
    I haven't seen him since he's been back from injury, but watched knights first 2 games of the season and I thought ge was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

wow
    isnt mullen out aswell...
    newcastle have no one in the halves atm lol

but they have GIDLEY ... Gidley goes alright but gee if you believed the Knights mob he's Wally Lewis ... lol at Kurt the Skirt.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think he is certainly a great player and I have been impressed by him in the fleeting moments J have seen him. Definitely Dragons, Knights and Bennett's loss and our gain. Hopefully he can stick it to those doubters.

Knights are really stripped bare in the halves department at the moment, But that probably helps the Titans as well in other terms.

yeh i do rate the kid
    i think it was vs manly where he did impress me.
    but do u guys see him replacing campbell and forcing him to the bench? or is he just a back up incase of injury?

I don't see Carty benching Presto to accommodate him, not for this game at least

Guys, I love Presto, but at this stage of his career, coming off the bench really is the best for him & the team. I think his impact is nullified by starting the game or playing long minutes. I'd really like to see him on the bench and not come into the game until 10-15 into the second half... then have him weave his magic

This might play out well with Henry, allowing Carty to have the confidence of Presto on the bench if its not going well in a particular game.