Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    No it is not a high priority for Searle.
    He said the money and time would be better served elsewhere

He mentioned this at the forum
    SO in other words they cant afford it LOL
    He is good with words isnt he.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    SO in other words they cant afford it LOL
    He is good with words isnt he.
    I guess.
    Lets face it, a leagues club would cost millions. Add to that the taxes involved in poker machines and sports clubs, and it is a lot of cost for little reward.

It may happen, but his priority is more with developing infrastructure to help the football team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Early on a Titans Leagues Club was definitely on the radar and alot of planning was put into it. But our focus shifted to a Centre of Excellence.

We have made a huge investment in the facility and it cost us more than we hoped. Because of the well publicised saga.

The Titans will look at maximising the revenue they can reap from the building first and consolidate.

I think it's healthy to focus on this because it puts the success of the team at the forefront. With success on field we can expect greater success and stability off it.

But I would dearly love a Leagues Club but it is an enormous project. But I hope we can work towards it one day. I know it would be well supported by the fans and would be the last piece of the puzzle.

Coaster isn't playing with words or being a politician he is just saying it how it is. The Titans could have gone either way but choose this direction. And I agree with it. I also am pleased that the Titans have opened up the building and given supporters access on many occasions.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Definitely need a Leagues Club to house the NRL Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I guess.
    Lets face it, a leagues club would cost millions. Add to that the taxes involved in poker machines and sports clubs, and it is a lot of cost for little reward.

It may happen, but his priority is more with developing infrastructure to help the football team.
    OK....How about a pub then......No, OK someone with an esky selling beer after the game so we can all mingle for an hour or so...

I'll bring the esky if needed

Last option is turn the gym in the COE into a bar for a few hours after each game..

That's it. That's all I got. But I would like somewhere to go after the game to celebrate/commiserate with my fellow Titans.....and needs to be walking distance to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    That's it. That's all I got. But I would like somewhere to go after the game to celebrate/commiserate with my fellow Titans.....and needs to be walking distance to the stadium.
    You are dead right mate. I want that very much.

It's part of the ideal supporter experience. I am a romantic and believe there is alot of meaning and spirit in sharing a drink, bread and laughs with comrades.

I'm sure the Titans can expect alot of support support from the fanbase when the time comes.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    OK....How about a pub then......No, OK someone with an esky selling beer after the game so we can all mingle for an hour or so...

I'll bring the esky if needed

Last option is turn the gym in the COE into a bar for a few hours after each game..

And beer that doesn't cost a fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You are dead right mate. I want that very much.

It's part of the ideal supporter experience. I am a romantic and believe there is alot of meaning and spirit in sharing a drink, bread and laughs with comrades.
    like when we were in the pub full of rabbits fans outside anz after beating the bunnies and i was nervous cos greg was singing celebration songs!!!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 17-06-11 at 05:49 AM.

One of my all time favourite memories! Luckily we got out alive! Good luck to Greggy tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Definitely need a Leagues Club to house the NRL Trophy.
    I think we can all agree on this

Would love to see a Leagues club built next to the stadium, it'd make such a difference for the fans

It would be a dream come true and a community such as League of Titans would find a real life home and grow and grow.

A League's Club would be great, but I do have strong doubts about the viabilty of it if it was to be located near the Stadium. Considering there's about 12-13 Home Games a year. Thought needs to be given on how the place can turn a profit, for the remaing 350+ days a year.

I will give Searle & Co credit for the vision of the Titanium Bar. But to me, it was the wrong location. Southport, Broadbeach or Burleigh. Might've worked better for them.

As I've said before.. If I had it my way. We'd have Southport Tigers as our Grounds & Club House..

Banned

I agree with what has been said above. Putting the leagues club in Robina, next to the stadium, would be a nightmare for the long term sustainability of the club. Sure, it'll be a novelty initially and probably do well in the first 12 months of existence but you have to think about the bigger picture. The Southport Sharks are probably the best example of how to get the most out of your community all year round, even if they don't support Aussie rules.

It is also tricky finding the right spot for fans/players to go after a game. The Titanium Bar ended up being a train wreck so we can at least learn from that. To the best of my knowledge, the Titans aren't producing any revenue outside of game day so something needs to be done.

If you build they will come...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If you build they will come...
    Not necessarily, especially in a fickle city like the Gold Coast. See the Titanium Bar for more evidence.

The leagues club must be carefully thought out if it is to be viable.