Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Mead will be fine and is slowly being blooded as a centre, I wouldnt be surprised if he owns that position til the end of the year and gets alot better.
    I noticed that last night, he played probably 80% of the game there with Tomane on the wing. I like it.

Objective opinion please: can Mead pass as a centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
    I noticed that last night, he played probably 80% of the game there with Tomane on the wing. I like it.

Objective opinion please: can Mead pass as a centre?
    Objective opinion Yeah he can, he has a good flick aswell which is a weapon. It's a funny situation see Tomane and Mead swap, if Zillmans pass on his own goal line had hit Mead instead of Tomane last night it could very well have been a 100mtr try.

I think Carty knows he should keep a hold of Joey

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Objective opinion Yeah he can, he has a good flick aswell which is a weapon. It's a funny situation see Tomane and Mead swap, if Zillmans pass on his own goal line had hit Mead instead of Tomane last night it could very well have been a 100mtr try.

I think Carty knows he should keep a hold of Joey
    Haha, I didn't mean to sound rude with the objectivity don't worry...

And what makes you think Carty is keen on Tomane?

I think it'll be good for his defence to be on the wing.

Banned

joeseph i was surprised looked a lot slower than last year last night, last year he goes 100 metres and gets the try

Junior Titan

Yeah that was slightly disappointing, but he is a bit of a unit these days. Would rather him to have stayed a bit trimmer and a bit faster though.

Haha, I didn't mean to sound rude with the objectivity don't worry...

And what makes you think Carty is keen on Tomane?

I think it'll be good for his defence to be on the wing.
    I know you weren't meaning to be rude. It just made me chuckle.

What makes me think he wouldnt be keen on losing Tomane...I think he is thinking about depth in the backline. Imo I think management want to have Gordon, Mead, Tomane, Michaels, Idris and Champion filling the centre/wing role. That is a very strong bunch young fellas who will grow together and can WIN the comp withing 2 years.

However the ball is in Tomanes court now, he has other options he can weigh up.

Yeah that was slightly disappointing, but he is a bit of a unit these days. Would rather him to have stayed a bit trimmer and a bit faster though.
    He is a baby faced assassin, leave the speed to others. He is fine as he is.

Junior Titan

I can't see Tomane hanging around to be a backup player when he has Super 15 offers and surely other starting NRL spots being thrown at him.

I'd say he is a very slim chance of staying, and I don't blame him to be honest.

I can't see Tomane hanging around to be a backup player when he has Super 15 offers and surely other starting NRL spots being thrown at him.

I'd say he is a very slim chance of staying, and I don't blame him to be honest.
    I agree

I'm all for Walker getting a shot but I wouldn't like him to start at 1 in this game if he was given a shot. We must keep the same spine as last night plus Zilly was great at fullback

Old hands must lift game: Presto

VETERAN Gold Coast Titan Preston Campbell believes the club's experienced troops must come with the same attitude to Friday's important showdown with the Rabbitohs that they took into last week's breakthrough win over the Dragons.

Campbell said the onus was on the Titans' elder statesmen to deliver more control.

In their most controlled effort of the year, the Titans finished 33 of 39 sets at 85 per cent -- the first time they have completed more than 80 per cent this season.

"Our completion rate in the last month-and-a-half has been what was letting us down and it doesn't matter what team you're playing," stressed Campbell.

"If you haven't got near, or the same amount of ball, as the opposition you have no chance of winning a game no matter how good you are.

"We showed (against the Dragons) holding the ball makes a big difference."

With the club's younger, inexperienced talents like Ryan James, Ben Ridge and, in recent weeks, Matt Srama showing the way the club's leaders needed to continue aiding their development, according to Campbell.

"(The best lesson for the young guys is) patience. Rugby league is simple and you win by doing the simple things and doing them well," he said.

"They're learning if they do their job well the team goes well but a lot of the times it has been the experienced players letting the young guys down."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

GI surely won't be backing up for this game, he has only just come out of an injury cloud. Taylor would be another bonus, can't believe how destructive he has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    GI surely won't be backing up for this game, he has only just come out of an injury cloud. Taylor would be another bonus, can't believe how destructive he has become.
    He is a weapon, that's for sure. I think you might be right about GI.

If anyone wants to attend the game and I encourage that you do....

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE SOUTHS VS TITANS GAME

Southern Legion will be in the Titans away supporters bay (General Admin) - Bay 103-1 at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

For the first time in a month I will be going into a game believing (and not hoping...) that we will get the win.

The best part of the win over the Saints was the beginning of some cohesion between the 1-6-7-9. Anyone who wants to see that changed after a morale boosting win has rocks in his/her head.

1 William Zillman
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Clinton Toopi
    4 Joseph Tomane
    5 David Mead
    6 Preston Campbell
    7 Scott Prince (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Michael Henderson
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello