Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Just watched the replay and I gotta repeat what has been repeated many times this year...the attacking structure is really really one dimensional. The plodding up the middle turning balls inside is just bread and butter for the defence. On the rare occasions they went wide they had success with yards and quick play the balls that put them on the front foot which allowed for some good attacking space elsewhere.

We could nitpick for all eternity about which player did this and that but it is becoming clearer as the weeks pass by that the structure that once worked is no longer working. Andrew Johns touched on it, Phil Gould has touched on it etc etc.

The losing doesnt bother me, it's the way they keep persisting with the same boring poo. If Titans play the same way next year with the new recruits do we think the results are going to be diff? Im not so sure.

Titans to flog sharks by 30

Honestly, this team couldn't beat Sharks on their best day,
    I now know we will not make the eight.
    Nothing in attack. Prince is devoid of ideas. This is why he never really got into Origin. He's not good enough.
    W

How the hell can you be just 6 points down with less than minutes to go and end up losing to the extent we lost.
    Something is drastically wrong with the Titans.

After that performance someone has to go. Either Cartwright or Prince or both.
    I don't like to be to critical but honestly the team doesn't seem to have any clue what there doing.

Pathetic performance from a team that looked like it didn't want to be out there , the 1st 2 Souths try's were under 12's efforts & the players involved should be embarrassed ..why didn't Anyone jump for the ball

The 1st 2 changes that have to be made for next weeks game is Presto back to the bench (the only place he should ever be picked) & the most Predictable halfback in the competition should be sent back to the QLD Cup to try & find his old form just as Todd Carney has for the Roosters or suddenly come down with a season ending injury & give us a chance of bringing some attacking flair into our side....

7. Capewell
    6. Rankin/Henry

The loss of James for the rest of the year is the worst part about tonight's loss, he is one of if not the only player that has put in 100% in every match this year..
    #itaintweaktospeak

That was a nightmare, the worst I have seen us play and I expected so much more. It was like all our crimes and bad habbits manifested out there.

It now looks like the Finals may truly be out of reach. That breaks my heart but I'm a fan who believes that every game is an independent competition. And I expect fire and I expect us to use the rest of 2011 to be a chance to experiment.

And if we can't make the Finals, I simply demand that we beat the Broncos at Lang Park!

The saddest things from last night above our last minutes capitulation which blew out the score was certainly the nasty injury to Ryan James. He was brilliant as usual before he went down and seeing him medicabbed from the field really summed up the night.

But I thought Zillman and Bailey were probably the pick of the team, always tried. As soon as the game ended I fell asleep. Woke up and realised that it wasn't just a nightmare.

Cronulla are going to be an incredibly tough team, they play with grit and that spells trouble for us.

I was stunned how empty the stadium looked and the NRL really needs to turn that type of thing around. It looks horrible. Souths need to play at the SFS...

Well done to the Southern Legion and Titans fans who went down. I'm sorry we didn't win, especially for you guys and girls.

I was really hoping that we'd have a convincing win to return to Skilled Park on, all I can say is give the Titans another chance and please support us at the Sharks game at Skilled Park.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

pathetic, just plain pathetic. No heart or passion

Bloody Paul Gallen could take on our entire forward pack by himself and not raise a sweat ... add Tagataese to that and we are going to have a tough night at the office.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I had a feeling Prince would revert back sh!t when he played a decent opposition, Round 15 and the Prince has had maybe 3 good games what a super star !
    Don't worry Ryan he will come good soon

Only a couple of players put in 100%
    Next week
    1. Walker
    6. William Zillman
    7. Luke Capewell

QLD Cup Titan

NO unfortunately Diehard - it wasn't a nightmare!!!! But the boys are going to have to find something to get over the sharks or we are serious wooden spoon contenders! I really hope that since our chance of finals football is pretty much over that the boys start playing with a bit of flair and passion and maybe some experiments with players won't go astray either. I've never been a big one for changing the team week in and week out but after that display last night....... I still don't blame any one particular player though - NO ONE had the spark last night - it was a second rate performance by the team and we made the rabbitohs look good :-O

would like this nnext week after such a gastly peformance
    1.Walker
    2.Zillman
    3.Michaels
    4.mead
    5.tomane
    6.henry
    7.prince
    8.bailey
    9.srama
    10.white
    11.laffranchi
    12.bird
    13.harrison

14. thompson
    15. henderson
    16. campbell
    17. minichello

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Pathetic performance from a team that looked like it didn't want to be out there , the 1st 2 Souths try's were under 12's efforts & the players involved should be embarrassed ..why didn't Anyone jump for the ball

The 1st 2 changes that have to be made for next weeks game is Presto back to the bench (the only place he should ever be picked) & the most Predictable halfback in the competition should be sent back to the QLD Cup to try & find his old form just as Todd Carney has for the Roosters or suddenly come down with a season ending injury & give us a chance of bringing some attacking flair into our side....

7. Capewell
    6. Rankin/Henry

The loss of James for the rest of the year is the worst part about tonight's loss, he is one of if not the only player that has put in 100% in every match this year..
    This is spot on Titan PETE, and with the loss of our best forward just simply hurts us even more. Any isea on how serious the injury is and the length of recovery for Ryan. I wish him a speedy recovery for our sake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lonely Turtle View Post
    would like this nnext week after such a gastly peformance

6.henry
    7.prince
    I said it before, that would be the worst halves combination in the NRL.

So the team misses 55 tackles, concedes 18 points in 5mins - and it's all Prince's fault again?

I hope Prince does sit out a few weeks, then when the team continues to lose the same way week in week out, you wankers might realize an individual player is not the source of our problem....

Presto had as many receives as Prince, and got the same results - yet no-one is questioning his creativity or attacking flare. Well Gee - just maybe it's the lack of attacking support from the team in general? Nah can't be - just sack Prince and all our problems will be solved

See ya's all in the Cronulla thread for another spate of ridiculous team lineup requests
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It's all Prince's fault again?

I hope Prince does sit out a few weeks, then when the team continues to lose the same way week in week out, you wankers might realize an individual player is not the source of our problem....

Presto had as many receives as Prince, and got the same results - yet no-one is questioning his creativity or attacking flare. Well Gee - just maybe it's the lack of attacking support from the team in general? Nah can't be - just sack Prince and all our problems will be solved

See ya's all in the Cronulla thread for another spate of ridiculous team lineup requests
    Drop Prince and 50% of the problems are solved.
    Then we will have someone who can kick the ball without landing it into the fullback or wings arms, less predictable passing and running game and someone who can tackle.

This would build confidence when we start winning games, if we start playing Henry well that's just a step down from playing Prince.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 18-06-11 at 11:32 AM.