Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

I'll be at the Titanium Bar watching if any other Titans fans wanna join us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

i would hope carty is giving good consideration to using a lot of seagulls players and some ipswich players this week, i think bodene in the pack and kingi akauola in the centre is nice, davis and capwell halves, walker is unfortunately injured, tomane on michaels wing would be nice, mead at fullback and pereyoux other wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The protected species like Mead, Mini and Henderson need a reality check ... Prince needs direction and Bailey needs to take responsibility (I know he puts in but is he playing a team role?).

1. Zillman
    2. Tomane
    3. Tonga
    4. Toopi
    5. Peyroux
    6. Prince
    7. Capewell
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Laffranchi**
    13. Thompson

14. Tagataese
    15. Hunter*
    16. Nelson*
    17. Campbell

*In my desperation I name two blokes I know nothing about and another ** I don't know if he's fit while still claiming a huge pay check along with Friend :-(
    I don't quite understand this logic. Throwing a player in there whose already proven this year that he is a liability in defense, for someone who proved last week that he has what it takes to be there. Did you not see how well Mead had Jennings covered last week (until Jennings went off injured)?

I am all for changes but this is one that I just can't agree with. Maybe I'm just being one eyed and haven't noticed whatever Mead has done to deserve to be dropped.

I totally agree that Mini & Henderson need a wake up call though.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 06-06-11 at 05:24 PM.

ill start james for sure, and move thompson back to the backrow. mead hasnt done anything really in my eyes to get dropped.

sooooo excited for this game. BRING ON THE HILL

I know there needs to be changed to the team but a poor time to change IMO. This game is a great chance for the boys to build some confidence against a weekened opponent. If the boys can hold onto the ball this will be a chance for our attack to attempt some much needed variation.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I don't quite understand this logic.
    I feel that Mead has not provided even a 40 minute game this year - sure, in flashes he's great but he is nowhere near being a strike weapon. His highlights clip of this year includes; how many missed tackles, not attempted tackles, dropped kicks, dropped passes and going missing? I would like to give Peyroux a shot.

Tomane played successfully at left wing for the Storm (and kicks goals) and that's where I'd play him. He wasn't a swap for Mead but for Michaels who is honest without being great and is just holding down a position for Gordon (and that's another debate too).

I realise that may not be a popular choice but it's mine
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-06-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan

I recon the team this weekend will be:

1. Zillman
    2. Michaels
    3. Toopi
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichello
    13. Thompson

14. Campbell
    15. Taga
    16. White
    17. Ridge

The one change that really worked for us was preston coming off the bench. I hope carty doesn't change something that works because let's be honest there isn't alot working for us.

The was we are currently playing we will be lucky to even get the points when we play the bye

Gonna be interesting to see if there really is a major player shakeup and who's gonna cop the blame for the recent losses

you cant really single out individuals in titans games they all have played as bad as each other, they just need to play for each other and get the basics right. Major lineup changes will not help if anything make it worse, you cannot put new guys in that have not played with the team all year or even trained with them, it takes a good couple of weeks to learn set plays and the like. I am not expecting a win this weekend but i would like to see them hold the ball and just put in a good effort.

The protected species like Mead, Mini and Henderson need a reality check ... Prince needs direction and Bailey needs to take responsibility (I know he puts in but is he playing a team role?).

1. Zillman
    2. Tomane
    3. Tonga
    4. Toopi
    5. Peyroux
    6. Prince
    7. Capewell
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Laffranchi**
    13. Thompson

14. Tagataese
    15. Hunter*
    16. Nelson*
    17. Campbell

*In my desperation I name two blokes I know nothing about and another ** I don't know if he's fit while still claiming a huge pay check along with Friend :-(
    You arent serious with that lineup are you?

Tonga, Tomane and Toopi in the backline with Dom

It is quite terrible

I feel that Mead has not provided even a 40 minute game this year - sure, in flashes he's great but he is nowhere near being a strike weapon. His highlights clip of this year includes; how many missed tackles, not attempted tackles, dropped kicks, dropped passes and going missing? I would like to give Peyroux a shot.

Tomane played successfully at left wing for the Storm (and kicks goals) and that's where I'd play him. He wasn't a swap for Mead but for Michaels who is honest without being great and is just holding down a position for Gordon (and that's another debate too).

I realise that may not be a popular choice but it's mine
    Have you ever stopped to think why Mead and Michaels havnt provided a 40min game this year? It's plain obvious, which part of he never gets the ball dont you understand?

Dropping a player that is in the top 15 metre eaters in the comp who just happens doesnt get the ball is lunacy and I freely admit Im being bias but it's also fact. I hope he is dropped cause the next step is out the door.

This would be my team this week

1. Zillman
    2. Micheals
    3. Tonga
    4. Mead
    5. Tomane
    6. Capewell
    7. Prince
    8. Bull
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Bodene
    12. Laffranchi
    13. O'dwyer
    14. White
    15. Page
    16. Mini
    17. Preston

Ok here's why:
    It seems like ereryone thinks mead isn't getting enough ball so move him into center and tomane to wing to ease defensive pressure. capewell to six as we dont have many other options. Bodene to 11 as I believe he has been wasted in center. O'dwyer to Lock as he has been in good form and harro and bird are out. Page given a go on the bench, see how he goes. Then presto can play either hooker or 6 depending on how srama and capewell are playing.
    Last edited by Titan Fanatic; 07-06-11 at 07:44 AM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    you cant really single out individuals in titans games they all have played as bad as each other, they just need to play for each other and get the basics right. Major lineup changes will not help if anything make it worse, you cannot put new guys in that have not played with the team all year or even trained with them, it takes a good couple of weeks to learn set plays and the like. I am not expecting a win this weekend but i would like to see them hold the ball and just put in a good effort.

Set Plays, haha. I am not sure I have seen one of those from the Titans this year. Maybe a bit of variety and spontanaity would work.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If we don't beat the Dragons this week we never will, possibly 10 Dragons playing Origin & injuries ..I still don't think we are a chance .
    TITAN PETE, I expect better from you. With the boys returning to basics and having a good look at themselves we will do allright this week. We as SUPPORTERS should never shy away from the fact that we support the Gold Coast Titans through and through, thick and thin. I for one are in this for the long haul, no matter how we are travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    TITAN PETE, I expect better from you. With the boys returning to basics and having a good look at themselves we will do allright this week. We as SUPPORTERS should never shy away from the fact that we support the Gold Coast Titans through and through, thick and thin. I for one are in this for the long haul, no matter how we are travelling.
    Please don't ever question My Loyalty u don't know me well enough , i have watched every game that the 20's play no matter how bad they were playing & i will do the same with the top grade but if they continue to play as they have been they won't beat the Dragons & thats what i'm saying
    #itaintweaktospeak