Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastTitanFan View Post
    I don't want them going into the game thinking they have 2 points in the bag
    Highly unlikely they will think that. On our current form we would be lucky to get the points from our Bye..

Junior Titan SunnyCoastTitanFan's Avatar

*Print*
    Titans weigh Seagulls stars potential
    Luke Turgeon **|**June 6th, 2011

Gold Coast Titans could do a lot worse than Seagulls' skipper Brad Davis. Pic: Brendan Radke
    Pictures: GC Titans v Penrith (Sat Jun 4 2011)
    THE Gold Coast Titans are weighing up whether to raid the ranks of undefeated feeder club Tweed Heads in a desperate attempt to break free of their downward spiral.

While the Titans hit rock-bottom with their fourth-straight loss against the Panthers at the weekend, the high-flying Seagulls created a new Queensland Cup record, dominating defending premiers Northern Pride to clock up 11 consecutive wins to start 2011.

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright yesterday hinted a selection shake-up was on the cards ahead of Friday night's clash with the St George Illawarrs Dragons at Kogarah, finally fed up with his highly paid players failing to fire this season.

Gold Coast Titans news and photo galleries
    Have your say on the feedback form below
    Titans fans also inundated goldcoast.com.au, venting their frustration with club's underperforming roster.

Commenter `Dazz' said: ``Here's an idea Carty, since Tonga was dropped for poor form how about relegating Prince to Queensland Cup for a few weeks?''

`Simone' said: ``Here's an idea how to turn it around Carty -- stop naming the same miserable team each week. Put some variation into the team.''

Dave Berryman of Merrimac said: ``How about the team's best player, Ryan James, gets put on the field for more than 20 minutes? Either that or start teaching the other blokes how to play the ball properly. Would be happy if Cartwright gave the entire Tweeds Head Seagulls team Titans jerseys, they would do much better.''

While Titans-contracted Seagulls Dom Peyroux, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawton are likely to be first under consideration, with fringe Titans Ben Ridge (shoulder) and Shannon Walker (hamstring) unavailable through injury, there are other Tweed stars arguably more deserving.

Experienced skipper Brad Davis has been typically sensational all season and would ease pressure on Scott Prince in the halves.

Tackling machine Ryan Simpkins and ball-playing forward Cody Nelson would not let anyone down in the back row for Harrison and Bird respectively.

The inclusion of battle-hardened centre James Wood would allow Bodene Thompson to move back to the pack, while hulking prop Brock Hunter would add more muscle up-front.

Seagulls coach Ben Anderson backed at least half a dozen of his players to make the successful transition if called upon.

"There are six or seven guys I wouldn't hesitate to put in there," Anderson said.

For more on this story and other Titans news, see today's Gold Coast Bulletin.
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastTitanFan View Post
    *Print*
    Titans weigh Seagulls stars potential
    Luke Turgeon **|**June 6th, 2011

Gold Coast Titans could do a lot worse than Seagulls' skipper Brad Davis. Pic: Brendan Radke
    Pictures: GC Titans v Penrith (Sat Jun 4 2011)
    THE Gold Coast Titans are weighing up whether to raid the ranks of undefeated feeder club Tweed Heads in a desperate attempt to break free of their downward spiral.

While the Titans hit rock-bottom with their fourth-straight loss against the Panthers at the weekend, the high-flying Seagulls created a new Queensland Cup record, dominating defending premiers Northern Pride to clock up 11 consecutive wins to start 2011.

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright yesterday hinted a selection shake-up was on the cards ahead of Friday night's clash with the St George Illawarrs Dragons at Kogarah, finally fed up with his highly paid players failing to fire this season.

Gold Coast Titans news and photo galleries
    Have your say on the feedback form below
    Titans fans also inundated goldcoast.com.au, venting their frustration with club's underperforming roster.

Commenter `Dazz' said: ``Here's an idea Carty, since Tonga was dropped for poor form how about relegating Prince to Queensland Cup for a few weeks?''

`Simone' said: ``Here's an idea how to turn it around Carty -- stop naming the same miserable team each week. Put some variation into the team.''

Dave Berryman of Merrimac said: ``How about the team's best player, Ryan James, gets put on the field for more than 20 minutes? Either that or start teaching the other blokes how to play the ball properly. Would be happy if Cartwright gave the entire Tweeds Head Seagulls team Titans jerseys, they would do much better.''

While Titans-contracted Seagulls Dom Peyroux, Will Matthews and Kayne Lawton are likely to be first under consideration, with fringe Titans Ben Ridge (shoulder) and Shannon Walker (hamstring) unavailable through injury, there are other Tweed stars arguably more deserving.

Experienced skipper Brad Davis has been typically sensational all season and would ease pressure on Scott Prince in the halves.

Tackling machine Ryan Simpkins and ball-playing forward Cody Nelson would not let anyone down in the back row for Harrison and Bird respectively.

The inclusion of battle-hardened centre James Wood would allow Bodene Thompson to move back to the pack, while hulking prop Brock Hunter would add more muscle up-front.

Seagulls coach Ben Anderson backed at least half a dozen of his players to make the successful transition if called upon.

"There are six or seven guys I wouldn't hesitate to put in there," Anderson said.

For more on this story and other Titans news, see today's Gold Coast Bulletin.
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html
    I like this story. Surely with the amount of media pressure Carty will shake the team up a bit.

Junior Titan

If we lose to understrength Dragons it will start to get a little embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTitans11 View Post
    If we lose to understrength Dragons it will start to get a little embarrassing.
    START to get a little embarrassing? We passed embarrassing a few weeks ago unfortunately.

Could be a nice starting point for a run IF the potential changes work.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Junior Titan

This is a team that can win.

1 Zillman
    2 Tomane
    3 Michaels
    4 Peyroux
    5 Mead
    6 Prince
    7 Capewell / Campbell
    8 Bailey
    9 Srama
    10 James
    11 Thompson
    12 Tagataese
    13 Simpkins / Ridge

14 Lawton
    15 Ridge / Simpkins
    16 Hunter / Lawrence
    17 White / Mathews /Mini / Hederson

What do you think?

The protected species like Mead, Mini and Henderson need a reality check ... Prince needs direction and Bailey needs to take responsibility (I know he puts in but is he playing a team role?).

1. Zillman
    2. Tomane
    3. Tonga
    4. Toopi
    5. Peyroux
    6. Prince
    7. Capewell
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Laffranchi**
    13. Thompson

14. Tagataese
    15. Hunter*
    16. Nelson*
    17. Campbell

*In my desperation I name two blokes I know nothing about and another ** I don't know if he's fit while still claiming a huge pay check along with Friend :-(
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-06-11 at 01:44 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan

The young Tweed players are guns and the majority of them came through our 20's system.

If we are close to gone in 2011, why not see what they can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The protected species like Mead, Mini and Henderson need a reality check ... Prince needs direction and Bailey needs to take responsibility (I know he puts in but is he playing a team role?).

1. Zillman
    2. Tomane
    3. Tonga
    4. Toopi
    5. Peyroux
    6. Prince
    7. Capewell
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Matthews
    12. Laffranchi**
    13. Thompson

14. Tagataese
    15. Hunter*
    16. Nelson*
    17. Campbell

*In my desperation I name two blokes I know nothing about and another ** I don't know if he's fit while still claiming a huge pay check along with Friend :-(
    Is this Will Mathews
    #itaintweaktospeak

yeah I know but anybody could take up space at the moment
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

tweed are 11-0 thhey know what they are doing well i suppose, i wouldnt mind brad davis at 6 and capewell at 7

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    tweed are 11-0 thhey know what they are doing well i suppose, i wouldnt mind brad davis at 6 and capewell at 7
    It would be a laugh if they were the halves named and Prince goes to Tweed and then they suffer their first loss in 12 games.....haha Prince. He has lost his mojo bigtime.........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    It would be a laugh if they were the halves named and Prince goes to Tweed and then they suffer their first loss in 12 games.....haha Prince. He has lost his mojo bigtime.........
    i wouldnt be surprised if that did actually happen, its astonishing that a rugby player cant tackle after all these years and is considered a fantastic HB(last year and backwards) you learn to tackle right in under 10's

Junior Titan

I wonder which outside back will cop the blame this week?

We really need to smash the Dragons and with so many out for Origin it is the best chance ever. But we need to go in not thinking about the other team. Obviously the reason why we are losing is within. We haven't really been spanked this year, aside from the Storm. We have had our chances to put twos to the sword and win but it hasn't been coming off. We need to focus on the simple things, go up the middle, chill out and have some patience.

We win footy over 80mins guys don't stress about keeping the ball alive or forces flat passes. One of our trademarks is that we never gave up and we would come for you. We used to have great patience.

Come on boys, bring us home victory. Us fans are loyal and we won't give up. But we do miss seeing the blues in blue, gold and white bounce over the try line. And celebrate after the final siren.

Well done to John for standing down from Origin, I talked about it in the dedicated thread, but it was the right move but one that Carty would have done with the Titans being his priority but he is also a passionate NSW man so it would have hurt. But the Blues are in crisis as well and one man can't solve two crisis'.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER