Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

So nice to get the two points. Of course, our boys like to have us on the edge of our seats with a few soft trys to the dragons but we held strong and got a much needed win!!!! I think our 1,6,7 and 9 are looking the strongest all year - Presto took a lot of pressure off Princey being in the 6 and Matty Srama - wow - well deserved man of the match. Nice to see some "close" calls going towards us in the second half too - I was all set for that try to come up red!!! Oh and Karma to the touchie who fell on his backside - OMG that will teach him to call two completely legal passes forward!

Now to work on our defense for next week and I think some confidence from this win will take us a long way - bring on the bunnies for our first consecutive wins for the year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Michaels had an off night, but has been one of our best in almost every other game this year.
    He has been, I agree. He has been consistently good for us in 2011. So I can spare him the criticism for this game.

We still looked unstructured and unorganised at times. So hopefully we can see further improvement against South Sydney. We have to be a red hot chance against them.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Michaels had an off night, but has been one of our best in almost every other game this year.
    thats true, and i liked thompson better in the pack anyways, we are 4 oints out of the top 8 take note people

We have a spine! Something we have missed all season. Let's stick with this combination for the rest of the season.

1 - Zillman
    6 - Campnbell
    7 - Prince
    9 - Srama

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

also what diid you guys think of tomane tonight, i thought he was pretty good, some ball would have been nice but he still played pretty good

one thing I was disappointed with was Laffranchi not doing a whole lot. Maybe they were just easing him into it coming off the injury, but he didn't do much.

but hey, its a small thing, a win is a win!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    also what diid you guys think of tomane tonight, i thought he was pretty good, some ball would have been nice but he still played pretty good
    He was solid. I liked the way Carty swapped him and Mead around, both made mainly good decisions in defense and Tomane is good under the high ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTitan View Post
    one thing I was disappointed with was Laffranchi not doing a whole lot. Maybe they were just easing him into it coming off the injury, but he didn't do much.

He didn't play anywhere near the minutes he usually plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    I was interested to see that he split his time between Wing and Three-Quarter with Mead. He lessens the aerial threat to that side of the field as Mead was becoming mince meat courtesy of accurate kickers and larger wingers.

If Carty gives him a few weeks in a row the faith that he shows will be enough to improve him out of sight. He wasn't great, but hopefully he was good enough to hold his place again.

GIVE US A SMILE CARTY!!

Junior Titan

He was only on for about half the match, his workrate was actually very high for the amount of time he was on.

He was solid. I liked the way Carty swapped him and Mead around, both made mainly good decisions in defense and Tomane is good under the high ball.
    lol....I bet Tomane would rather have been playing centre when Prince threw that pass for Meads try

Laffranchi's a winner.

Speaking of bias, did anyone throughout the whole game really remember them mentioning that we have two rep players out as well? Ash and Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    He has been, I agree. He has been consistently good for us in 2011. So I can spare him the criticism for this game.

We still looked unstructured and unorganised at times. So hopefully we can see further improvement against South Sydney. We have to be a red hot chance against them.
    Michaels had a shocker in defense...no sympathy for him tonight.

We did look unstructured...as I was watching, I was wondering how many times the guys run their wide attacking plays at training.

Even though Dragons throw the ball wide early in the tackle, they all seem to know where it needs to end up and rarely make an error.
    Last edited by Chaos; 10-06-11 at 10:17 PM.

QLD Cup Titan

Am loving the positive attitude on here tonight :-)

Diehard - no didn't hear them mention our origin stars and they said at the beginning of the game there was 9 dragons out and the media reports coming in about the win say 11 - just shows the competency of the media as usual :-) ha ha