Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Wow Srama is a really good speaker. A great representative for our club. Not an easy role but he seems to have it naturally.

Man of the match in what his third NRL game?

Congratulations!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow Srama is a really good speaker. A great representative for our club. Not an easy role but he seems to have it naturally.

Man of the match in what his third NRL game?

Congratulations!
    Yes.........He appears to be heading for LEGION status!...oops. I meant legend status.

It must be a hooker thing..

Any word on Meady?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior Titan

Matt Srama is my new favourite player what a talent!!! He has eased the pain of losing Nathan Friend...

Glad to win a game. Couldn't care less if it was second string side. A win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Matty "Pacman" Srama ... THE man

I can see the resemblance.

Much-needed win for Titans

GOLD Coast Titans scored a much-needed NRL win over an albeit depleted St George Illawarra Dragons side, 28-14 at Kogarah Oval tonight.

Dragons were missing 11 frontline players through either Origin duties or injury, but the game still had to be won, and the Titans came back from 8-4 down at halftime to be convincing winners in the end.

Matt Srama, heir-apparent to the injured Nathan Friend, scored his first try in the NRL in just his third game in the top tier, but it was a much-improved performance from the halves which drove the win.

Preston Campbell and Scott Prince played probably their best games in several weeks, if not the season.

"That keeps our hopes alive," said Campbell after the game.

"They were depleted that's for sure, but you put a Dragons jersey on them and they just keep coming at you.

"We had a bit more experience than them and we just had to trust our plan, our confidence and complete our sets and we did that."

Joseph Tomane kicked off the scoring with an athletic try in the extreme right corner early, but the Dragons hit back with two tries in even time thanks to some soft defence from the Titans.

After halftime the Gold Coast team capitalised on having the bulk of possession with tries coming to Prince, Mark Minchiello, David Mead and finally Srama.

Mead came off late in the game with what looked like an ankle injury.

Titans now play the Rabbitohs in Sydney on Friday night.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Pacman, I love it!

The kid is going to be a superstar when its all said and done. Awesome job Matty!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

How bias were the natural comments of the commentators...Rabbits sometimes realised they were bias and tried to correct himself but was conflicting in his statements.

Those two passes were not forward and I'm glad the Titans went on with the win.
    It's amassing how many times the Refs rule close calls against the side they don't rate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I thought Toopi was one of our best on field
    well i dont know if it was toopis fault but michaels looked very uncomfortable in defense tonight

We saw the future tonight. Don't leave Ridge out of the accolades. He was strong. So long as Ridge, Srama, James, Thompson, Zillman continue to develop into their roles 2011 will not be a complete loss.

Zillman, Campbell, Thompson all playing in the correct position and all had their best games of the year.

I have to give a wrap to Hendo as well. I have been a vocal critic of his but he really ran the ball strongly tonight.

Stradbroke Day tomorrow and for once I'm doing the form with a smile on my face courtesy of the win. Let's hope the winners flow now that the boys have that elusive win we've needed for so long!!

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well i dont know if it was toopis fault but michaels looked very uncomfortable in defense tonight

I just think it wasn't Steve Michaels night. He was a tad off, everyone has a bad day.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

boooooo we are going for goal we have this game won why not another try
    Interesting comment from a fan of Rugby Union.

I love that winning feeling.

Srama is brilliant, for a 20yr old playing the role of an 80 min hooker, just unbelievable. He will play for QLD and Aust in the future, I have no doubt about that.

Great all round team performance. I just put up the Forum player of the year thread and was thinking of who to give my points to and I want to give at least a point to almost all of them.

Completion rate is what wins games. This has been said over and over and over again. We had our best completion rate of the year so far (84%) and look at the result, we win.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Michaels had an off night, but has been one of our best in almost every other game this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    We saw the future tonight. Don't leave Ridge out of the accolades. He was strong. So long as Ridge, Srama, James, Thompson, Zillman continue to develop into their roles 2011 will not be a complete loss.

Zillman, Campbell, Thompson all playing in the correct position and all had their best games of the year.

I have to give a wrap to Hendo as well. I have been a vocal critic of his but he really ran the ball strongly tonight.

Stradbroke Day tomorrow and for once I'm doing the form with a smile on my face courtesy of the win. Let's hope the winners flow now that the boys have that elusive win we've needed for so long!!
    Well said karnage.

There is alot of amazing talent that again showed their wares tonight. Ridge was awesome, I really noticed alot to his game that I liked. Not just what he did but what he was prepared to do as well.

I think we just need to run with a Campbell/Prince halves combination. That is where I prefer them.

Zillman had a great game at #1 and probably reinforces that fullback is where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    How bias were the natural comments of the commentators...Rabbits sometimes realised they were bias and tried to correct himself but was conflicting in his statements.
    Only thing worse was the irrelevant garbage they go on about. The Flintstones? Really Rabs?