Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Coaster you simply have to get patske on the podcast, unless someone already has some voice bytes from him.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Coaster you simply have to get patske on the podcast, unless someone already has some voice bytes from him.
    Got him haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Default Titans aim for finals miracle after 28-14 win over depleted Dragons

GOLD Coast halfback Scott Prince is confident the Titans have the self belief to make the NRL finals following last night's grafting 28-14 win over premiers St George Illawarra at WIN Jubilee Stadium.

Prince also declared that he had regained his passion for the game and was confident he could return to his best in the second half of the season.

St George Illawarra were down nine top-liners because of State of Origin commitments and injuries, but still led 8-4 before the Titans raced to a 20-8 lead by the 58th minute.

Asked if the Titans could still make the finals, despite the fact the club are still four points adrift of the top eight, Prince said: "That's the belief in the team and that's what we're looking at.

"I got back to the little things in my game. When you're losing games you're losing confidence. All I know is a work ethic, working hard and getting back a smile on the footy field.

"You start losing a bit of passion, but I've got that back now and I want to hold on to it."

Titans coach John Cartwright, who stood down as New South Wales assistant coach to concentrate on club duties, said the first half went pretty much as expected with his players believing pre-match publicity which emphasised the depleted state of the Dragons machine.

"It had been talked in to us that we only had to turn up for a win but we hadn't been in the sort of form to expect that sort of result and we had to respect the fact we were playing the premiers," Cartwright said.

"I was very happy for the boys in the end. It has been a very, long hard month, some of it our own doing, some of it not so much of our own doing.

"I wouldn't have been comfortable being in (NSW) camp for a week knowing what was going on back home. The decision was easy in the end."

At halftime Cartwright told his players to be patient, particularly as they had been "absolutely dudded" on at least one try, with a couple of dubious forward-pass rulings.

Man of the match, Titans hooker Matt Srama, scored a try, made numerous dashes out of dummy half and sat bigger men on their backsides.

"His enthusiasm is wonderful," Prince said. "We all know he can play. He's growing in stature within the team."

Dragons centre Alex McKinnon, 19, scored two tries on debut and the Hunter Valley (Aberdeen) product looks a star in the making. Skipper Ben Hornby (ankle) joins the Dragons' long injury list.

Bailey seeing signs of good football

THEY'VE taken down the NRL premiers, but veteran Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey says the Titans can't fool themselves by claiming they've turned the corner in what has been a disastrous season to date.

Bailey said there was still plenty of work to do for the Titans to haul themselves back into finals contention after winning just three of 12 games over the opening half of the season.

The second half got off on the right foot with a 28-14 win over the Dragons at WIN Jubilee Oval last night, but Bailey said it was worth remembering the premiers were without six of their best due to State of Origin commitments on top of injured trio Matt Cooper, Brett Morris and Kyle Stanley.

"We can't get carried away, they still made some line breaks at us and ran around us off kick-offs, just some stuff that's not first-grade standard," said Bailey, who came up with a powerhouse 186 metres off 17 runs against his former club.

"Everyone will be talking it up at training that we've still got a lot to improve on.

"It was desperate times I suppose.

"They were understrength but it was just good to get a win, get a bit of confidence back."

For a while it looked like the Dragons were going to continue Gold Coast's misery after taking an 8-4 lead into halftime, but the Titans came out a different side after the break as they gave the ball a bit more air.

"We had a chat and promised ourselves we were going to do something a bit better than what we did," Bailey said of the second-half performance.

"We did that in the second half and I started to see some glimpses of good footy which I haven't seen for a very long time.

"For 20-30 minutes of that second half, I just noticed something, we were doing what we do at training -- it was good.

"It's a lot to work with but it means nothing if we don't front up next week."

For coach John Cartwright, the win -- which temporarily at least moved the Titans to within four points of the top eight -- vindicated his decision to stand down from his role as NSW Origin assistant.

"The decision was made easy -- I just wouldn't have been comfortable in camp for a week knowing what was going on back home," Cartwright said.

"There's a lot of hard work been going on ... I probably felt I needed to be there."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    2 certainty's this week....Manly and the Titans...I ain't giving up
    My weekend is complete...

HENDERSON is BACK. This week against the Dragons we saw the HENDERSON of old back. He carried the ball forward like a man possessed as did the rest of the forwards. If the big boys keep running the ball like that then we are in for some really good results for the rest of the year. At last the backs had some room to move. Good result boys.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    My weekend is complete...
    Same here

ahahah
    they did get a voice recording
    just one question about how long it took me and how cold i was, b4 the titans scored n i had to go for a run.

most of the boys loved it from their reactions as they walked to the bus. even bennett smiled and gave me a pic/hug.

had the dragons medical docters worried at half time. saying u better put someone on after the halftime show. what do they know?

only time i felt cold was just after half time when i was worried about loosing. once we scored a few i was on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    ahahah
    they did get a voice recording
    just one question about how long it took me and how cold i was, b4 the titans scored n i had to go for a run.

most of the boys loved it from their reactions as they walked to the bus. even bennett smiled and gave me a pic/hug.

had the dragons medical docters worried at half time. saying u better put someone on after the halftime show. what do they know?

only time i felt cold was just after half time when i was worried about loosing. once we scored a few i was on fire!
    Lol patske. I am only one of many Titans Fan's that admire your dedication. Keep it up man..

awesome job patske, you are a true fan with tons of dedication. I tip my cap to you!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"