Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

All of these rumours about Esi & Mead being dropped make me sick to the stomach.

They aren't to blame for our bad run.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    i hope toopi isnt pick as well he will just give stupid penilties and not bring anything in attack
    He is going better than Esi, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    He is going better than Esi, easily.
    People were saying the SAME thing about Tomane in the QLD cup though.

Also, is it just me, or did anyone else see Thompson miss some really crucial tackles that led to straight tries in last week's Dogs game as well? I'd be dropping him to the second row for Toopi and leaving Esi as our other centre. He's been very very solid for us defensively, and I don't see any reason to drop him. Getting over the line wasn't our problem last week.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 03-06-11 at 04:22 PM.

Late change to the team for tomorrows match againts the Panthers. Clinton Toopi has earnt a recall at the expense on Esi Tonga after some strong performances for Burleigh Bears in the Q Cup.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

I've opened a lively debate about 5/8th's haven't I
    Queensland Panthers Supporters Group
    Titans v Panthers June 4 2011
    www.qldpanthers.com

Wow I don't think Esi deserved to get dropped...

Good luck to Toops, he was solid for us last year. Just wish he wouldn't give away so many damn penalties.

Disappointed to see Tonga dropped though. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Wow I don't think Esi deserved to get dropped...
    Likewise.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

I know the teams already been annouced for the Panthers Game But wouldnt mind seeing a line up like this for a game or two

1 Preston Campbell
    2 William Zillman
    3 Bodene Thompson
    4 Steve Michaels
    5 David Mead
    6 Scott Prince
    7 Luke Capewell
    8 Michael Henderson
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Matt White
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Anthony Laffranchi
    13 Ashley Harrison
    14 Luke Bailey
    15 Sam Tagatese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Mark Minichello
    18 Luke odwyer

See everyone tommorow

WTF
    nah
    WAT
    WHY ESI....
    jeez. how about drop the bloke who is back rower to the bench b4 u drop a guy who has dont nothing wrong...

Toopi Recieves Late Call Up

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will field a slightly altered side against the Penrith Panthers at Skilled Park on Saturday night with centre Clinton Toopi being recalled to the NRL.

Heading in to Round 13 at the bottom of the ladder, Titans coach John Cartwright has called up the experienced Toopi to the starting line-up in place of Parramatta bound centre, Esi Tonga.

Cartwright said Toopi's recall was due to his continued efforts for Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup.

“We will bring Clinton in as he has been playing really well at Burleigh and he is a real leader in the group, and I think it is at that stage where we need some leaders out there.”

“Individually it’s hard to really pinpoint anyone that’s not really doing their job it’s really a team thing.”

“The fact is I think we need some leaders and talkers and Toops is definitely one of those.”

Toopi hasn’t played with the first grade side since the team's round two loss to the Melbourne Storm but his ambitious and positive attitude has been closely monitored by Coach Cartwright.

“He is very experienced and you have got to admire a guy who has done so much in the game at an international level and go back to Burleigh and be such a leader back there.”

“He hasn’t gone back and kicked stones, he has stayed positive in the whole process and he has got himself back in.”

Fellow teammate and Titans captain Scott Prince was also commendable of Toopi’s form and welcomed his leadership to the starting 13. “He also has his experience as well and I am very happy to see him back in the squad,” Said Prince.

“He has been playing some outstanding footy in the State League as well which helped his cause.”

Prince went on to highlight that Saturday night's clash will be anything but a walk in the park, against the in-form Panthers.
    “It starts with us, it is going to take a real tough grinding match to get us out of the position we are in at the moment and it starts tomorrow night.”

Prince said he is finally starting to feel good about his own personal performances.

“I guess at the end of the day when you’re in these form slumps and your team is not travelling really well Its all about hard work and your work ethic," said Prince.

“I’ve been really committed to that and committed to turning my performance around and hopefully thats reflected on our team performances.”

The Titans captain also mentioned that he would trade his current form in, if it meant a win for the Titans.

“All I can do is my best and if everyone takes that approach going into a game collectively as a team we should be able to get a win, but it is going to take a real grinding and tough attitude and a real hard effort to get us out of the slump we are in.”

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

carty quit dropping good players like esi and start blaming yourself and your good awful coaching gameplans that has gotten us here. you coached the attack out of us and now you drop arguably our best back in esi tonga?

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    carty quit dropping good players like esi and start blaming yourself and your good awful coaching gameplans that has gotten us here. you coached the attack out of us and now you drop arguably our best back in esi tonga?
    I am starting to think that we should have 2 forums running side by side. 1 forum has positive comments from members and the other has the negatives.

I reckin' I wouldn't see you too much on my side of the forum.

Don't take it to heart. What I am getting at is constructive criticism, not blatant negative criticism that you continually throw up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I am starting to think that we should have 2 forums running side by side. 1 forum has positive comments from members and the other has the negatives.

I reckin' I wouldn't see you too much on my side of the forum.

Don't take it to heart. What I am getting at is constructive criticism, not blatant negative criticism that you continually throw up all the time.
    I think he needs to join another Forum
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think you are putting too much weight on the importance of that position. Yes it is an important position, but not the deciding factor of every match.

If you're hellbent on having a 5/8 that predominantly passes the ball, then why object to Prince playing there? Do you think Zillman will starve him of ball and/or space? Zillman scored half of our final series tries last year. He obviously turns up for the big matches, and troubles the opposition.
    I don't object to Prince playing 5/8...but yes Zillman would starve him of the ball.

The reason I weight so much importance on the 5/8 is because a lot of modern day coaches are struggling in that area and I believe the top halves should be worth a lot of money...they do make that much of a difference...whether you see it or not.
    It's hard to notice a good decision maker from the side lines or at home because sometimes they just tell the player beside him to do something special the camera doesn't pick up.

I don't know if the junior structure of compulsory two passes is limiting these type of players but they don't seem to be coming through

They're not the difference in every game...but you need a good one to win a grand final...the ultimate goal!

Toopi call-up may be fitting farewell

TITANS veteran Clinton Toopi will treat tonight's season-defining clash against the Panthers like it is his last after revealing he will almost certainly retire at season's end.

The former New Zealand international declared every NRL game from now on was a bonus as the curtain prepares to fall on his decorated 13-year professional career.

Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday axed Parramatta-bound centre Esi Tonga to recall the 31-year-old Toopi, hoping his experience will help the Gold Coast claw their way off the bottom of the table.

Cartwright was quick to silence speculation Tonga was dropped because of his decision to join the Eels next season, saying Toopi had demanded selection with standout form for feeder club Burleigh.

"I feel for Esi a little bit but I just think we need some leaders and talkers and Toops is definitely one of those," Cartwright said.

"He is very experienced and you have to admire a guy who has done so much in the game at international level to go back to Burleigh and then be a leader back there as well.

"He hasn't kicked stones, he has stayed positive throughout the whole process and he has got himself back in.

"When a side is winning you can usually put up with some guys who are a bit off their game but the fact is we are not, we are losing and we need to make a change or two."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au