Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

His try in Origin was great! Looked dangerous on the weekend just gone
    Queensland Panthers Supporters Group
    Titans v Panthers June 4 2011
    www.qldpanthers.com

Junior Titan

Don't take me the wrong way about this - Travis Burns is a more established five-eighth than Will Zillman. Zillman's got a lot to learn and I do rate him.
    Last edited by qldpanther; 01-06-11 at 07:47 PM.
    www.qldpanthers.com

thats because he's only had 7 games there haha, plus he should be a ball runner doesnt have the kicking, passing or vision game needed to be a 5/8 may score a try here or there but those tries are ALL fullback tries in my opinion he is a 5/8 and presto's decision to play on better no stop him from going back there!

Truth lies within the smirks

AS Luke Walsh and Tim Grant plodded up lane six of the Nepean Aquatic Centre on Tuesday morning, Grant provided the killer tip-off.
    "Luke Walsh has signed with Souths," he said.

Walsh smiles. But it's not true.

Rather, the truth lies within the smirks. The Panthers have found their mojo. Their cutting-edge cheek.

Winners are grinners and after slicing the South Sydney Rabbitohs 22-10, they're grinning far and wide.

"I thought we played really well in the first half, the second half was a bit up and down but it was good to get the two points," Walsh said at the end of the Panthers' post-game recovery session.

"The weather was tough but both teams had to play in it and we just knew we had to kick early and complete our sets."

The spirited Panthers are now sitting 10th on the competition ladder - just two points shy of the top eight - but Walsh insists they're more concerned with dominating the scoreboard rather than the leaderboard.

"To tell you the truth, we haven't even thought about the ladder.

"We just worry about playing well week in, week out and that's our main priority.

"If we're consistent and start playing well as a team, that's our biggest thing.

"The points and all that will just take care of itself."

With Michael Gordon sidelined through injury for the remainder of the season, Walsh has taken the reins as the Panthers' first-choice goal-kicker.

It's a role that doesn't faze him in the slightest.

"I've always been a goal-kicker, ever since I was little, so it's easy."

Last year's leading try-assist hero said he hadn't found his kicking game any tougher in 2011 and ranked the Panthers' attacking potential as one of the NRL's most lethal.

"If everyone is on board, knows what they're doing and sticks to the game plan, I think we're one of the best attacking teams in the competition.

"It's just about everyone knowing their job and playing well. If that thing takes care of itself, we can score tries from anywhere."

With that, Walsh is cautious but confident the Panthers can perfect their job and destroy the 16th-placed Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park on Saturday night.

"It's going to be pretty tough because they've come off a loss so they'll be wanting to get a win.

"I think Scotty Prince will be dangerous with his kicking game and they've got a pretty good team right across the park, so we'll have to be on our game.

"We'll just need to train really well this week and get up there and put a good performance in.

http://www.penrithstar.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by qldpanther View Post
    Don't take me the wrong way about this - Travis Burns is a more established five-eighth than Will Zillman. Zillman's got a lot to learn and I do rate him.
    i think zillman is and always will be a fullback. It will help him with fullback playing 5\8 atm but the team needs him at fullback
    Bird is the word

Zillman started his career in the halves and was only forced into Fullback due to a halves combination of Todd Carney & Terry Campese. I think he'll be better utilized for us in #7 with Prince outside him and a lurker like Campbell or Walker in support.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Zillman started his career in the halves and was only forced into Fullback due to a halves combination of Todd Carney & Terry Campese. I think he'll be better utilized for us in #7 with Prince outside him and a lurker like Campbell or Walker in support.
    I'm with you on that Ryan.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Henderson has some truths for Titans

ATTITUDE is what the Titans must address ahead of Saturday night's showdown with Penrith, with Gold Coast prop Michael Henderson yesterday urging his teammates to get dirty for each other.

The Petero Civoniceva-inspired Panthers boast one of the fiercest packs in the competition and Henderson understands the Titans need to win the battle through the middle or risk having their season slip further away.

Importantly, the 26-year-old enforcer, contracted with the Gold Coast until the end of 2012, admits they also need to overcome a horror home record that has produced two wins from four starts this season.

"We need the attitude of putting our bodies on the line and we must win," Henderson said of their approach to the Panthers contest.

"We need a win, especially at home. We've played a few at home lately and haven't got the result, so it's important we take a must-win attitude and get the points."

Dominated across the paddock this season, the expected return of William Zillman and Steve Michaels, who both left the field with concussion early in last weekend's loss to the Bulldogs, would provide a lift for the Gold Coast, who are chasing only their fourth win of the season.

Returning to fullback against the Bulldogs, Zillman's head knock limited his impact but with another expected opportunity in his preferred custodian role against the Panthers it could provide some missing spark for the Titans, with Preston Campbell again tipped to partner skipper Scott Prince in the halves.

Frustrated at their number of missed opportunities last weekend, Henderson, who had his own first-half try disallowed, knows an impressive 80 minutes could give the Titans the kick start they need.

"All teams go through tough times but we just have to come out of it and hopefully it's not far away," Henderson said.

"It takes one thing in one game to change the whole season.

"You can get some momentum going, some confidence and then you never know what can happen."

With the Titans set to don yellow shoelaces and armbands for this weekend's Cancer Council Call to Arms Round, Luke O'Dwyer, who lost his brother Ryan to leukaemia in 1998, and Henderson, who had a melanoma removed last year, were encouraging their fans to get behind the cause.

But like Henderson, O'Dwyer was also encouraging his teammates to play out of their skins and work at building some momentum before their season is ripped from their grasp.

"We're going out to win and that hasn't changed since round 1 but we have to make sure we concentrate on the little things," O'Dwyer said.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Brett Kimmorley's Round 13 preview

Gold Coast Titans v Penrith, Skilled Park, Saturday 5.30pm (EST)

Gold Coast Titans' inability to stay in the arm wrestle and defend their line is what's hurting them at the moment. This means to win a match they're relying on scoring 20 to 30 points, something they haven't been able to do very often. Penrith, on the other hand, are starting to find some momentum.

I don't think their attack is great but they have some guys who are playing very, very well individually. Lachlan Coote, in particular, is the X factor for this side. Penrith look to have more dimensions when he is in the team, and I expect them to continue their winning ways. Tip: Penrith

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league

Really hoping to make it to this Home game. Though it'll be a tight squeeze, as I'll be up in Bundaberg until Saturday lunchtime. Will be doing my best to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Really hoping to make it to this Home game. Though it'll be a tight squeeze, as I'll be up in Bundaberg until Saturday lunchtime. Will be doing my best to make it.
    That is a tight deadline but we'd love your support. Going to that great length is tremendous support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Zillman doesn't pass the ball...what's the use of having a centre, winger and a possible fullback outside him?

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    1.dragons
    2.storm
    3.cowboys
    4.sea eagles
    5.broncos
    6.warriors
    7.eels
    8.tigers/titans pleaseeee
    Eels...what are you smoking?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Eels...what are you smoking?
    there 10th, they can still make it and the eels always have a good year then a bad one

Junior Titan

In all fairness, I think we all expect a bolter for the eight but sadly for you guys a loss this weekend would be a dent in making the finals. I hope we being the Panthers have more to play for and some pride. My bolter is the Raiders and I suspect one other team will string together five or six in the next few weeks and really press for the finals - just dont know who yet. By no means am I thinking it will be the Panthers. We may end up like you guys with an early September.
    www.qldpanthers.com