Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Harrison returns to Titans line-up
    Adam Gardini | 31/05/2011 1:17:52 PM

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will welcome back Queensland State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison for Saturday evening?s home clash against the Penrith Panthers at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named an extended 19-man squad to take on his former club, with Harrison and centre Clinton Toopi the new inclusions to the side in the wake of last Friday night?s luckless 28-6 loss to the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Harrison returns to his usual spot at lock after being unable to back-up against the Bulldogs 48 hours after Origin 1 while Toopi has been named on extended six-man interchange bench alongside forward Ben Ridge.

Rookie Hooker Matt Srama will wear the No.9 jersey for the first time against the Panthers after making a strong NRL debut against the Bulldogs as a late inclusion to the team.

The Titans have won two out of the four matches against the Panthers in their history, including a 38-24 victory at Skilled Park in May last year.

JETSTAR TITANS v PANTHERS
    Saturday, June 4
    5.30pm, Skilled Park

1 Preston Campbell
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 William Zillman
    7 Scott Prince (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Michael Henderson
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    INTERCHANGE
    14 Matthew White
    15 Ryan James
    16 Sam Tagataese
    17 Luke O'Dwyer
    18 Ben Ridge
    21 Clinton Toopi

TITANS NYC TEAM v PANTHERS

1 Jordan Rankin
    2 Alec Jones
    3 Shaun Carney
    4 Hymel Hunt
    5 Japeth Vaoa
    6 Cory McGrady
    7 Sam Irwin
    8 Luke Page
    9 Sam Meskell
    10 Lain Windley
    11 Nick Harold
    12 Jackson Springer
    13 Sam Martin
    INTERCHANGE
    14 Cale Hobday
    15 Sam Ross
    16 Dylan Hartin
    17 Matt Beddow

Titans

Junior Titan

Srama in the 9 is the very best thing about that team.

Presto needs to get out of the 1, his best spot now is in the 17 jersey.
    Walker needs to be given a go, or are we just writing him and tomane off?

Like many other fans, i am not excited by this squad anymore.

Banned

i told you barely any changes

Very pleased to see Ash back on board. And Mr Srama at #9 brings me joy. I hope he can continue his great form and doesn't think about it all too much, just puts his head down and works hard.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Zillmand and Michaels play 80mins after last week. I still support William at 6 and Preston will be good for us at 1.

It's lucky Round 13! And we are playing the black cats! Here we turn out season around.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Interesting to see Toopi named on an extended bench , i wonder who's in doubt but he has played very well for Burleigh
    #itaintweaktospeak

Srama gains another shot at No. 9 jumper

Jake Dew | May 31st, 2011

Matt Srama named in the Titans squad for the clash with Penrith
    A STANDOUT debut from Titan Matt Srama has earned the boom rookie another NRL shot after he was named to wear the No. 9 jumper for their must-win encounter with Penrith on Saturday night at Skilled Park.

A late inclusion in last week's side, which lost to the Bulldogs in Brisbane, Srama was the best of a beaten bunch and coach John Cartwright admitted his efforts warranted another opportunity at home.

''He deserves to be there and in my opinion he was our best player the other night. While ever he's doing that there'll be a place in first grade for him,'' said Cartwright.

Naming an unchanged line-up, Cartwright has brought Ben Ridge and ex-Kiwi international Clinton Toopi on to an extended six-man bench as possible cover for Bodene Thompson (ribs) and Steve Michaels and William Zillman who were concussed against the Bulldogs.

goldcoast.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Toops won't let us down, that's for sure.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Henderson starting again....FAIL.

At least he made a decision and put Srama in. Also sorry to say it but Presto is out of form and should be on the bench at best.

I would have had the team line up like this....

1. Walker
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    4. Toopi/Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. James
    11. Bird
    12. Mini
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Ridge
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Campbell/Henderson

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Junior Titan

You guys are really missing Laffranchi. Good offload and strong tackler. Still a good team if you ask me. There's 3 or 4 top teams in this yes comp followed by 12

This is how the Panthers shape up

Panthers Team to take on the Titans
    Saturday 4th June, Skilled Park - 5:30pm

1. Lachlan Coote

2. David Simmons

3. Michael Jennings

4. Brad Tighe

5. Adrian Purtell

6. Travis Burns

7. Luke Walsh

8. Sam McKendry

9. Kevin Kingston

10. Petero Civoniceva

11. Trent Waterhouse

12. Nathan Smith

13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:

14. Tim Grant

15. Matthew Bell

16. Sarafu Fatiaki

17. Dayne Weston

18. Masada Iosefa

Referees:

Tony Archer/Luke Phillips - Luke Phillips great game last night

Touch Judges:

Adam Reid

Clayton Sharpe

Video Referee:

Phil Cooley
    Queensland Panthers Supporters Group
    Titans v Panthers June 4 2011
    www.qldpanthers.com

I'm just glad to see Srama gets the 9. Here's hoping he can really cement the position for the rest of the season.

We are going to lose

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    We are going to lose
    Another riveting post... well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Another riveting post... well done.
    I think we all know now, until the team is changed we will struggle and i don't see any major changes.

What a load of crap, we have come close to victory on many occassions. Luck hasn't even been a factor because there has been none.

If you think the Titans of 2011 are a write off, I really doubt your credibility.

Our fightback depends on much much more than a few roll the dice and cross your fingers changes. We have the troops to win, it's a quality team.

If you wanna give up in Round 13, see ya later!

Titans to draw on pride

DENTED pride could drive the Gold Coast's season back on course, with coach John Cartwright admitting honest assessments were providing motivation for his players.

Desperate for the points -- and only their fourth win of the season -- against the Panthers on Saturday night, Cartwright yesterday admitted the criticism of their efforts had been tough to handle.

"It's not as though we are getting in there and smiling about it," he said of eight losses from their opening 11 games to start the year.

"There are guys there who are (hurting), who are showed up in video sessions, and that's the worst thing that can possibly happen to you.

"You stuff up in the game and come to training and it's there for everyone to see. They're a proud bunch and no one likes to see that.

"There's definitely honesty there in dealing with where we are at."

Ending their 2010 seasons second and fourth respectively, the Panthers (10th) and Titans (16th) have struggled to recapture the same scintillating form.

The Panthers -- a club his father Merv, a former Penrith secretary, helped build and a club he helped to win a premiership in 1991 -- present Cartwright with one of the biggest challenges of his coaching career.

"(The Panthers) will always have a place in my heart but your priorities change," he said. "I won't be looking at it through any other eyes than blue this weekend."

Durable backrower Ashley Harrison echoed the sentiments of his coach, adding the Titans had one focus for the next month.

"We have to worry about ourselves," he said. "It's a matter of getting our consistency back into it and working hard at training and preparing well and turning up and putting it together.

"We know (the results) are there."

With time running out, the coach stressed continuing hard work on the training paddock was still the best solution to escaping their rut.

"When the rub of the green is not going with you, that last pass goes down or the lunge for the line doesn't go your way, and that's the way it's going at the moment," he said. "We'll keep working hard on the areas we need to address but we're not half way through the season yet.

"(But) we still see ourselves as being there at the end of the season and that won't change.

"As a group next year we are changing, there's a big influx of players coming to the club and there's a lot of core guys that the club has been built around that are leaving -- and they definitely don't want to leave the club where we are sitting at the moment."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au