12. Minichello
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. Tagatese
    16. Henderson
    17. Ben Ridge\O'Dwyer
    I like the look of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    There is a lot of talk about Capewell getting into the halves...who here has actually seen him play in the halves and were impressed at the same time?
    Capewell is absolutely killing it in the Qcup at 5/8. Capewell seemed to cop a big chunk of the blame for our poor start to the season, but I still can't see what he did wrong to get dropped. Some people say it was his defense, but he was defending better then some of the other players in the team that managed to hold their spot. I'd go with either Ryan's team above or bring Capewell back in as the 7, Prince 6, Zilly 1 and Campbell 14. Carty himself has said he sees Capewell as a 7.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 30-05-11 at 07:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I like the look of that.

Capewell is absolutely killing it in the Qcup at 5/8. Capewell seemed to cop a big chunk of the blame for our poor start to the season, but I still can't see what he did wrong to get dropped. Some people say it was his defense, but he was defending better then some of the other players in the team that managed to hold their spot. I'd go with either Ryan's team above or bring Capewell back in as the 7, Prince 6, Zilly 1 and Campbell 14. Carty himself has said he sees Capewell as a 7.
    Capewell def shouldnt have copped too much blame for the Titans this year. As we can all see it's a bad team performance so far. His defence was much better than Scotts.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Funny for who? Although I do admit I was laughing by the end of the game at Suncorp as I was delirious with disbelief at what I was watching. I'm a Capewell fan and believe he should be our 7 with Prince at 6.
    Funny for the fans in the manner you just spoke of. They really cant take a trick.

They have played bad and got thumped, they have played bad and won in extra time, they have played ok and lost, they have played well and lost by a fair margin

Junior Titan

Time for some change Carty......... Please pick this side..

1 S.Walker
    2 W.Zillman
    3 E.Tonga
    4 S.Michaels
    5 D.Mead
    6 S.Prince
    7 L.Capewell
    8 L.Bailey
    9 M.Srama
    10 R.James
    11 B.Thompson
    12 A.Harrison
    13 G.Bird

14 M.White
    15 B.Lawrence
    16 M.Minichello
    17 S.Tagatese

What do you think?

Banned

i think your dreaming he never makes significant changes

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i think your dreaming he never makes significant changes
    For the fans sake he has too.
    I didnt think Srama would be that good but he killed it and i love the way he goes about it. We do not need to buy another hooker, he can be groomed for 2012 from now. Another half is what we need.

Prestos gone, but you cant knock the little fella but has lost his zip.
    Prince is playing worse and if he was not the 'Prince of The Titans' he would of been dropped.

After watching Brown play for Burleigh yesterday he should never play NRL again
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

My team will be

1. Lachlan Coote
    2. David Simmons
    3. Michael Jennings
    4. Brad Tighe
    5. Adrian Purtell
    6. Travis Burns
    7. Luke Walsh
    8. Sam McKendry
    9. Kevin Kingston
    10. Petero Civoniceva
    11. Trent Waterhouse
    12. Nigel Plum
    13. Luke Lewis
    Interchange:
    Tim Grant
    Matthew Bell
    Dayne Weston
    Nathan Smith
    Nate Seluini
    Queensland Panthers Supporters Group
    Titans v Panthers June 4 2011
    www.qldpanthers.com

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    After watching Brown play for Burleigh yesterday he should never play NRL again
    Poor old Riley Brown has a lot of issues at the moment. I was just reading the other day about his fiance and I feel sorry for him.
    www.qldpanthers.com

I get your point ... without Michael Gordon you've got nobody :-)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Penrith Panthers vs South Sydney on now if you wanna watch our enemy for next week.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

And we just got away with the two points. Hoping for dry weather next week. Honestly, Lewis and Petero are the backbone of the team... we don't lose much with Coote at the back after Flash's bad injury. Coote's 70metres run way spectacular tonight. We'll bring the game to you boys this week
    www.qldpanthers.com

Default Titans coach can smile after hell week

Laine Clark AAP Mon, May 30, 2011 - 8:02 PM

Not even a week from hell could make Gold Coast Titans mentor John Cartwright have second thoughts about juggling his NSW Origin duties.

Indeed Cartwright emerged from easily his toughest week as coach with renewed faith in not only the dead-last Titans but also the much maligned Blues.

A highlight reel could be made of the passionate Cartwright's reactions after the Titans were remarkably denied eight tries in their 28-6 loss to the Bulldogs last round, a result that plummeted them to the bottom of the NRL ladder.

It came 48 hours after NSW assistant Cartwright watched helplessly alongside coach Ricky Stuart as Queensland pulled off a 16-12 Origin I victory over NSW in the dying minutes.

Yet Cartwright somehow emerged from Titans training on Monday armed with something that had not been seen in weeks - a smile.

He could even find the positives from their four tries to one debacle against Canterbury.

"We created more chances than we have in the last two or three games," he offered.

"But when the rub of the green is not going with you the last pass goes down - that's the way it is going at the moment.

"It would have taken a very tough side mentally to get over that first half and come out and win the game.

"But they tried to get back into the game.

"I felt for the players - the harder they tried the errors crept in."

Cartwright did not believe juggling NSW duties had anything to do with the 2010 preliminary finalists' remarkable slide.

"If I think it is an issues, my priority is here," he said.

"When you are losing people try and read into things, that there are other issues than what's happening on the field.

"But we stay on top of things, we meet regularly and discuss things if there are issues.

"From my angle there are definitely no issues - we are just not getting it done on the field.

"But we still see ourselves being here at the end of the season and that won't change."

In a shot in the arm for the Titans, Queensland Origin lock Ash Harrison (shoulder) has already been cleared for the Gold Coast's next clash.

"Harro would have played if I wanted him to," Cartwright said.

"But he's got a very hectic schedule in front of him - I don't want to burn him out."

In keeping with his new sunny perspective, Cartwright even justified the NSW forwards' ordinary Origin I stats.

History shows Queensland's Matt Scott (154m) made more metres than NSW's four props combined.

NSW's Jason King made just 24m and Kade Snowden 46m.

"They (King, Snowden) didn't play a lot of game time - people don't realise Paul Gallen and Ben Creagh played a big part of the game in the front row," Cartwright said.

"I don't tend to read too much into those statistics."

Cartwright even hoped Stuart would remain faithful to the Origin I 17.

"Loyalty is a big thing," he said.

"In Origin you don't just pick it up in one game, sometimes it takes a few.

"If they get in that position again they will be a lot better prepared to make sure it (Queensland winning) doesn't happen again."

What about this Statistic Carty.

Neil Henry was assistant coach to Mal, and the Cowboys were in the position we are now, he decided that he wanted to win a premiership, and spent his time with the team, and look at them now.

I am all for celebrating the fact you are in the coaching staff for NSW. But with you gone for 3 weeks and Gilly missing time with QLD, we are not the better for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Shocked coach John Cartwright expresses exasperation as Gold Coast Titans fall to bottom of NRL table

A CRESTFALLEN John Cartwright has opened up about the Titans' dramatic premiership freefall, saying he has never felt so low amid one of the toughest periods in the club's short but successful history.

The luckless Gold Coast can't take a trick, slumping to last spot on percentages after having a record eight tries disallowed in their 28-6 capitulation against the Bulldogs last Friday night.

Titans enforcer Luke Bailey has implored his teammates to lift for departing topliners Nathan Friend, Brad Meyers and Anthony Laffranchi, and the club faces a test of credibility and character when they host Penrith on Saturday night at Skilled Park.

Preliminary finalists just 12 months ago, the Titans are facing a shock finals fade-out.

They need to win at least nine of their next 13 games to have any hope of making the playoffs and Cartwright is acutely aware of the importance of this week's showdown against his former club.

Renowned for wearing his heart on his sleeve, Cartwright looked a shellshocked soul at Suncorp Stadium after the Titans' eighth defeat of the season and said the club's predicament had taken a toll.

Asked if it was the lowest he had felt in his time as coach, Cartwright said: "Yeah I suppose. It's hard to put into perspective.

"I ask myself the same questions that (the media) ask every week and we work hard at getting it right but it's just not happening at the moment.

"I just feel disappointment - we're not used to this.

"There are all sorts of different ways to win games and we seem to have forgotten about it at the moment.

"In patches where the game has to be seized, we have always been very good at getting out of it and at the moment when the game is at a crunch time, we're letting sides get away.

"It's a fine line."

Handed a lucrative five-year deal in February, Cartwright was tipped to steer the club to a possible grand final appearance this season after the Titans fell agonisingly short at the penultimate hurdle against the Roosters last September.

But they have rarely found their groove this season, with their on-field inconsistency compounded by the impending departures of key players Friend, Laffranchi and Meyers at season's end.

Skipper and halfback Scott Prince, who has struggled to reach his optimum form in the opening half of the season, echoed Cartwright's sentiments ahead of the Penrith match.

"It's disappointing and frustrating," he said. "We're doing the same mistakes every week and it's becoming a habit and we have to buck that trend.

"We play some good footy in patches and then we throw it away, get frustrated and we're behind on the scoreboard.

"We've got no trouble coming out of our own end, we're creating question marks for the defence but just the last pass or something goes wrong."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER