Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Banned

i think the problem is giving people 5 year contracts, this isn't the nba maybe prince doesnt feel pressured because his future is secured i dont know but its not good.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i think the problem is giving people 5 year contracts, this isn't the nba maybe prince doesnt feel pressured because his future is secured i dont know but its not good.
    I completely agree with this too. I think 5 years is overkill for any player. This is what I really worried about when we signed Idris. It's basically saying "hey, we'll give you guaranteed $$ to play for us for the next 5 years. Whether you decide to bludge your way through this period is totally up to you".
    Last edited by gotitans101; 04-06-11 at 08:45 PM.

I don't think he bludges, I just think he's lost it. The other teams know him, their coaches have worked him out and even worse they've worked out our very simple one-dimensional play book.

The worst off-field thing about today's game was that even the commentators couldn't hide their total disdain at our team.

Here is the rub ... players come and go but the team is ours, the players would do well to consider that when they front the media.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

There is no attacking flare this year. On the rare occasion they get near the opposition line you wonder how they're going screw it up this time. Generally doesn't take long before you see a nice cut pass straight to a surprised spectator sitting in the second row.
    Or a simple dropped ball on tackle two!

Junior Titan

Totally disillusioned. WTF is going on. This team is deteriorating at a rate of knots. Princess is killing us, his kicking, defensive and attacking game is at an all time low. The experienced players are flogging us with schoolboy errors and as for a game plan WTF, nothing changes week in week out. Can't point the finger at anyone in particular but the club as a whole including u/20s and its coaching staff have a hell of a lot to answer for. The fans do not deserve this and their disappointment is evident by the massive drop in crowds this year. I am totally pissed off with what i saw tonight which was an absolutely pathetic display from a team who are expecting and no doubt will get to get the wooden spoon. PFFFFFFFFT!!!!! Goodbye 2011.

Next week the Dragons, F--K ME.
    Last edited by dean; 04-06-11 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I disagree with the statement that Prince is 'bludging'. Do you honestly think he would be playing any differently if his contract was 2,3 or 6 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I disagree with the statement that Prince is 'bludging'. Do you honestly think he would be playing any differently if his contract was 2,3 or 6 years?
    No because he has always been overrated only difference is he is now past what ever ability he had.

I wasn't necessarily implying he was 'bludging' either. Just sayin', that's the first thing that comes to mind when we sign a player for five years! Who knows - maybe he just needs a good kick up the a$$ (but so does most of the team of '11!)

I agree with that statement lol but I'm at a loss as to what exactly the team needs. I mean the closest bad run we've ever had to now is the 07 season and that was largely due to injuries but we can't use that excuse this time round.

Despite todays result, I was still able to have a bit of a laugh when Jennings referred to Bodene as Bodene Champion in his interview with the 2gb crew.

Junior Titan

Back from the game. The Panthers deserved the two points, they were the more desperate of the two teams and made the fewer mistakes. Ryan James' impact for you guys was great, but once he went off the Titans fell back in a heap. The Titans are so low on confidence it feels like you guys are going through a mid season crisis. When the Panthers lost game after game earlier this year some of our fans thought we wouldn't win for a long time! Laffranchi hopefully will be back for you guys next game and should help start the Titans road to recovery.
    Queensland Panthers Supporters Group
    Titans v Panthers June 4 2011
    www.qldpanthers.com

On the other side of the coin, I suggest that all Titans fans go to the Titans home page and listen to the post-match interview of Cartright and Prince on Titans tv.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    How bout that try saver by Mead on Jennings?
    Wanna know something, both times Mead chased Jennings he said he was cramping badly and couldnt run properly.

After the game Carty sat them down and said "Im speechless, I have nothing to say that wont be personal" Looks as though he def had players he could have blamed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    After the game Carty sat them down and said "Im speechless, I have nothing to say that wont be personal" Looks as though he def had players he could have blamed.
    well what can i say the attacking gameplans have been bad for a long time now, maybe he should be the one making new attacking plays and structures up and reviewing the best attacking sides tape and getting someone in their to teach prince how to finally tackle, his players are obviously lost in an incorrect gameplan

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well what can i say the attacking gameplans have been bad for a long time now, maybe he should be the one making new attacking plays and structures up and reviewing the best attacking sides tape and getting someone in their to teach prince how to finally tackle, his players are obviously lost in an incorrect gameplan
    I agree that we are very one dimensional in attack (my brother who ain't a Titans fan even noticed this), but how does that even relate to all the drop balls & errors we keep making week after week? This is what is killing us the most imo.