Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Anybody who can find any positive out of last night's game is dead set kidding themselves. The 80 minutes we dished up was, quite simply, not up to NRL standard.

Reading stats is a waste of time when you are beaten comprehensively by a bottom 8 team off a 5 day backup at home.

Carty has officially last the plot:
    1. Taga is not a starting second rower. He is an impact player best utilised from the bench.

2. We have had 4 different five eighths in the last 4 weeks - Campbell / Prince / Zillman / Bird.

3. Toopi might be killing it in the Q Cup but he is in his 30's, set to retire at the end of the year and incapable of making a line break. If good Q Cup form was a recipe for selection then surely Walker and Tomane would have been given a decent crack by now.

4. Thompson is still in the centres being hopelessly wasted. It is hard to remember just how good he was at the end of last year because he is being employed out of position. He won't be there next year so he should be given the opportunity to develop his skills in a position more suitable to his skill set.

The season is over. The only thing that we have to look forward to for the remainder of 2011 is the development of YOUNG players who can take us forward in 2012. James, Ridge and Srama are doing well but Tomane and Walker must also be given the chance to show what they can do - not just a one off make or break game. I'll even include Rankin in that, a guy I have been highly critical of, but we are going to learn nothing about him if he just keeps running around in the powder puff games that are Toyota Cup football.

Preston might have scored a good try last night but he needs to be tapped on the shoulder. He is not the answer to the clubs problems moving forward.

There were 12,000 people in the ground last night and none of them who weren't either members or Panthers fans were given any reason to return for the rest of the year.
    If you are touting giving the young blokes a go for next year especially forwards then you would have to nclude the 20's Front rower Luke PAGE in that mix. He certainly knows how to bend the line, something we are not doing in order to get the backs on the front foot.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    3. Toopi might be killing it in the Q Cup but he is in his 30's, set to retire at the end of the year and incapable of making a line break. If good Q Cup form was a recipe for selection then surely Walker and Tomane would have been given a decent crack by now.
    The bloke broke 7 tackles, give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    The bloke broke 7 tackles, give him a break.
    He was 1 of our best out there & apart from wanting to punch on I thought had a top game & offers far more than Tonga
    #itaintweaktospeak

That was a heart breaker especially after so many of us probably had a good feeling about our chance of success.

It doesn't really make sense to me, it's truly bizzare. It's like we are such in the Twilight Zone. We have a good team and we have quality players. But they aren't offering us quality performance. Only a handful of players would you give anything above a C+ for 2011 so far.

I think we need to focus on the fundamentals, put our head down and go up the middle. Don't force the plays, look for field position and pressure.

Maybe the team spirit is on a downer. It feels like that bad feeling after losing to the Roosters in the Preliminary Final has actually carried on. But up until then we were tremendous, it's a mood. Maybe it has to do with the re-building process of our club, the changing of the guard. We have new blokes coming in and we have big names heading out. We have lost Brad Meyers as well to injury. Throw in the patch work of team consistancy we have had with many of our big names being injured.

I think we just need to treat it like Origin, go old school, team bonding.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He was 1 of our best out there & apart from wanting to punch on I thought had a top game & offers far more than Tonga
    thats a good one toopi a better centre then tonga you should write for letterman

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    thats a good one toopi a better centre then tonga you should write for letterman
    Toopi has shown more than Tonga, even though he has played fewer games...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Toopi has shown more than Tonga, even though he has played fewer games...
    certainly not, toopi has nearly started a fist fight in 1 game already, if tonga got the ball toopi was getting it would be same result, also tonga is faster and a better defender

No matter how much of a prodigious talent Walker is/was his continued wrestle with soft tissue injuries doesn't auger well for an NRL career.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No matter how much of a prodigious talent Walker is/was his continued wrestle with soft tissue injuries doesn't auger well for an NRL career.
    eh he will come good with it all, just give him a shot at the 1st grade side and keep him there for at least 5 games and then make a real assessment of if he is a bust or not, i dont think that will be the case though

certainly not, toopi has nearly started a fist fight in 1 game already, if tonga got the ball toopi was getting it would be same result, also tonga is faster and a better defender
    Toopi showed alot more spark than Tonga has in 1st grade and it's not even close. Toops was bending the line hard and probably busted more tackles in one game than Esi did the whole year. Tonga a better defender? no they are pretty much equal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Toopi showed alot more spark than Tonga has in 1st grade and it's not even close. Toops was bending the line hard and probably busted more tackles in one game than Esi did the whole year. Tonga a better defender? no they are pretty much equal
    nah i think esi isnt playing because he is an eel next year and i thought you said that he was the best centre we have?

nah i think esi isnt playing because he is an eel next year and i thought you said that he was the best centre we have?
    He is but that effort Toops put in was better than anything Esi has this year. The coaches bit the bullet and came up trumps with that replacement.

Banned

well im starting to doubt esi will play again this year unless there is an injury, it was kind of an abrupt exclusion, we could really have thompson in the pack or bench pack and toopi as centre partner with tonga and tomane on the wing where michaels is. i dunno team needs an offensive mix up