Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I think he has only picked two props because he knows that's not how you win against QLD

He is going to have a lot of subs left in the last 20min and out pace QLD.

1.mini 80min
    2.Hayne 80min
    3.Hopate 80min
    4.Gasnier 80min
    5.Uate 80min
    6.Soward 80min
    7.Pierce 80min
    8.Gallen c 80min
    9.Ennis 80min
    10.Manna
    11.Scott 80min
    12.Creagh
    13.Bird 80min

14.Watmough 80min
    15.Gidley 80min
    16.Merrin
    17.Lewis 80min

NSW have a fair chance of winning this late in the game.

Unfortunate about Dugan. I was hoping Hayne would get the 1 that would make way for Idris to the centres as well. But at least Mini's got experience which can only be valuable
    Last edited by Rage; 06-06-11 at 08:15 PM.

Mini has been picked for Origin

Just wow

Default Kevin Gordon launches website!

I'd have had Hayne at fullback for sure.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-06-11 at 02:18 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'd have had Hayne at fullback for sure.
    completely agree. I don't see the point of putting Anthony Minichiello in at fullback when they have both Hayne and Hoppa Jr. on the side already. Surely there has to be someone better available than Mini to bring into that team? Was Idris named?
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Default Uate facing Origin ban over tackle

By Ian McCullough AAP Mon, Jun 06, 2011 - 10:35 PM

Newcastle's NSW flyer Akuila Uate was too distraught to talk after his State of Origin hopes were placed in doubt after he was put on report for a dangerous tackle in the Knights' 17-16 golden point NRL defeat to Wests Tigers.

Blues coach Ricky Stuart, who has already lost Michael Jennings, Josh Dugan, Kade Snowden and Brett Morris to injury, must now consider calling up another winger.

Uate, who snubbed reporters after the game, unlikely to escape sanction after lifting Tigers centre Tim Simona between the legs and dumping him on his back, seven minutes from time.

Penrith's Luke Lewis was charged with a similar offence, ironically against Newcastle, last year and was ruled out of the second Origin clash in Brisbane by the NRL's match review committee, and Uate will find out on Tuesday if he will face a similar punishment.

Knights coach Rick Stone believed Uate should have been penalised but said he felt a decision to ban the Fijian-born star would be harsh.

"I don't think there was anything too malicious in that," Stone said.

"The judiciary will have a close look and we'll understand what that means.

"He might have put his hands between his legs but where the player landed, he definitely landed more on his back.

"Any time you put your hand between the legs it's a grey area and they crack down pretty hard on that.

"I don't think there was much in the tackle. It deserved a penalty and that's sufficient I'd suggest.

"It's probably an amateurish error from Aku. Sometimes things go wrong."

Tigers coach Tim Sheens was unconcerned about the prospect of Uate missing next Wednesday's Origin clash and claimed Simona, who was impressive on debut, was lucky to avoid serious injury.

"He picked him up in the wrong place and dumped the kid on his shoulder, he has now got icing on his shoulder and there is no doubt that it was not a good look," Sheens said.

"(Missing Origin) is not my problem, the judiciary will take care of that but the match review committee will have to look at the tackle tomorrow."

Sheens said the injury news about Lote Tuqiri was better than first expected, and the dual international winger may only miss one week after limping off with an ankle injury just six minutes into his comeback from a broken arm that had sidelined him since round three.

"It is an ankle injury that isn't too bad, I don't think it will require a moon boot or anything, it improved as the night went on," Sheens said.

"Maybe, with the short week and us going to New Zealand he may miss out, but the week after he should be OK.

"Having Beau (Ryan) there was fortunate for us, you don't count on losing a winger in the game that early, so we were down to 16 from the start, so it was a good effort from the boys considering we had to play more than 80 minutes."

Robbie Farah's field-goal with three minutes of extra time remaining sealed the win for the Tigers, their first in this manner since round five in 2007.

The victory moves Sheens' side to seventh spot on the ladder with defeat for the Knights keeping them in ninth position.

Man they're dropping like flies.. gonna have a whole new backline at this rate

Uate charged but set to play Origin

Andrew Bryan NRL.com Tue, Jun 07, 2011 - 10:17 AM

Newcastle’s Akuila Uate will be free to play for NSW in Origin II at ANZ Stadium if he takes the early guilty plea after being charged this morning with a Grade 1 dangerous throw by the NRL match review committee.

Uate was charged for his tackle on Wests Tigers debutant Tim Simona during the Knights 17-16 loss to Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Monday night.

“Upon reviewing the video evidence we felt a Grade 1 was the appropriate charge,” NRL Match Review Committee Chairman, Greg McCallum, said today.

“Although player Uate lifted player Simona into a dangerous position, Simona was able to get his arm to the ground and in some manner protect himself.

“It is his shoulder that makes most contact with the ground and there is only minor contact with the back of his head.”

It is welcome news for the Blues who have already been forced to make six changes to the team that played at Suncorp Stadium in the series operner.

Josh Dugan, Michael Jennings, Brett Morris and Kade Snowden were all ruled out through injury, while Dean Young and Jason King were left out of the side.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Haha mini at fullback. GO QLD

Go Queensland! I'm feeling confident. I wish I could be there! But that is unlikely. I'll be at Game 3 though.

I'm happy that QLD have brought in Taylor. And hopefully Inglis can return to form and fitness. Souths fitness regime is dead set terrible.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Fanatic View Post
    Haha mini at fullback
    I would say he has been the safest fullback this season.

Good to hear Uate is safe to play but I'm feeling alot less confident this time round compared to the first game. Seems really odd that Stickys changed his rule up a bit about not playing players out of position but we'll see how it goes.

Default NSW Origin recall surprises Minichiello

By Ian McCullough AAP Tue, Jun 07, 2011 - 8:16 PM

Less than three years after being told to consider retiring, Anthony Minichiello describes his shock recall to the NSW side as one of the highlights of his career.

The former golden boot winner was a Blues mainstay from 2003-05 before being struck down by serious neck and back injuries that sidelined him for almost three seasons.

His last appearance in a NSW shirt was in the opening game of the 2007 series and the Sydney Roosters veteran was as surprised as anyone when coach Ricky Stuart named him in the side after Josh Dugan was ruled out with an ankle injury.

"It's real exciting for myself and everyone around me to get back and play at the top level and a privilege to pull on the Blues jumper again," Minichiello said.

"I woke up yesterday and there was a lot of speculation and phone calls, and then Ricky was saying if Dugan does pull out then I would be picked.

"I spoke to him later in the afternoon and he said that was the case and then Dugan pulled out a couple of hours later and I was in camp."

During his darkest times, spending hours in the gym trying to rehabilitate his battered body, the 31-year-old said the thought of getting back to the form that made him the best player in the world in 2005 kept him going - and made his recall mean so much.

"When you are young and you play three series in a row you think it will be forever and I just thought it would keep coming, but it doesn't and you find out the hard way sometimes," he said.

"This time is much sweeter, you savour these moments being in camp and being part of this experience."

Minichiello admits there were plenty of low points in his bid to get back on the field but quitting was never on the agenda, despite medical advice to the contrary.

"I was cut down at the height of my career but the lowest point was my neck injury, I had two back operations and ... when I came back, my back was feeling pretty good, so when I damaged my neck it was hard to take," he said.

"Retiring was never an option for me but other people were hinting at it.

"I just worked hard and built my body from the ground up again and it has paid off."

Manly coach Des Hasler revealed Stuart asked him for advice on whether Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart was ready for an Origin recall before calling up Minichiello.

However, the Sea Eagles boss told the Blues coach picking Stewart was too big a risk after a series of hamstring problems that have dogged him all season.

"I think they just have to go with the fittest and the healthiest," Hasler said.

"They made that call with young (Michael) Jennings, they made that call with Josh Dugan.

"Brett is getting back there but is still a bit away so I can understand them going back to someone who is fully fit.

"In that particular arena you can't afford to be losing a player early in the game."

Uate. Another NSW rort!

You can smell the fear in the Blues camp. The smiles and up beat vibes are gone. The reality of the situation is begining to dawn on them.

Go QLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Uate. Another NSW rort! But go BLUES!
    I know you are taking the piss Brad...Nuthin' too serious with the tackle..
    I cannot believe you Qlder's (Meninga on the news last night) always hard done by...Give me a break.

Shouldn't take too long.........