Default Crowe deal to show Origin/Grand Final LIVE into the USA

Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has brokered a television deal to beam Australia's State of Origin Series live to 40 million viewers in the United States.

American sports giant FOX Sports will televise all three clashes between New South Wales and Queensland, starting with Wednesday's opener in Brisbane, as well as the NRL Grand Final.

The announcement follows a broadcast deal struck with the assistance of Crowe, the co-owner of South Sydney, between the NRL and head of FOX Sports David Hill.

The deals sees the United States join the UK, Pacific Islands, Canada, north Africa and the Middle East, central and southern Africa and parts of Asia in broadcasting the Origin Series live.

"This new United States agreement significantly adds to the mainstream exposure of two of our biggest events," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"It sees more than 40 million homes across the United States now able to experience live the passion and rivalry of the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series and the Telstra Premiership Grand Final."

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbylea...n.html&BID=480
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Fox Sports in USA to show 2011 Origin series LIVE
    ARL MEDIA

American sports giant FOX Sports will televise all three Harvey Norman State of Origin games live in a broadcast deal struck with the assistance of Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe.

A meeting between NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, and Crowe was the catalyst for an approach to former Channel Nine sports chief and now head of FOX Sports David Hill.

The new agreement will see all three of this year’s Origin matches as well as the 2011 Telstra Premiership Grand Final available live to more than 40 million homes across the United States on the FOX Sports Soccer channel, as well as replays of the matches shown on the FOX Sports Soccer Plus channel.

The deals sees the U.S.A. join the Pacific Islands, United Kingdom, Canada, North Africa and the Middle East, Central and Southern Africa and parts of Asia as well as Australia and New Zealand in broadcasting the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series live on television.

“This new United States agreement significantly adds to the mainstream exposure of two of our biggest events,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said.

“It sees more than 40 million homes across the United States now able to experience live the passion and rivalry of the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series and the Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

“Already, fans in the U.S. can watch regular NRL Telstra Premiership matches through www.livenrl.tv and this new deal is a key part of increasing their access to Rugby League and our presence in the region.

The new agreement covering the United States follows the recent conclusion of a European deal that will see television broadcaster, Eurosport 2, make Games Two and Three of the Origin Series available live to 48 million homes across 48 territories. Eurosport 2 will also show Game One of the Series on delay.

In Australia, the Nine Network will broadcast Game One of the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series live in NSW, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory, with South Australia and Western Australia receiving delayed coverage.

Live coverage for fans in New Zealand is available through the Sky Sport 2 channel on the SkyNZ network.

Fans in all regions not covered by television broadcast agreements can watch the Harvey Norman State of Origin Series via the www.livenrl.tv online subscription service.

A complete list of broadcast times by country/region is below.

*** Please note, all times are local and correct at time of distribution. Fans should check their local guide for confirmation. ***

AUSTRALIA:
    ACT – Live on WIN TV from 7:30pm
    NSW – Live on Channel Nine, WIN TV, NBN TV and Imparja, all from 7:30pm
    NT – Live on Channel Nine and Imparja, both from 7:00pm
    Queensland – Live on Channel Nine, WIN TV, NBN TV and Imparja, all from 7:30pm
    SA – Delayed on Channel Nine from 10:30pm, Live on Imparja from 7:00pm
    Tasmania – Live on WIN TV from 7:30pm
    Victoria – Live on Channel Nine, WIN TV and Imparja, all from 7:30pm
    Western Australia – Delayed on Channel Nine from 10.30pm and WIN TV from 9:00pm

NEW ZEALAND
    Live on SkyNZ (Sky Sport 2) at 2130

PACIFIC ISLANDS
    Live on Fiji TV (Fiji One) at 2200

UNITED KINGDOM
    Live on Sky Sports at 1030 (GMT)

EUROPE
    Delayed on Eurosport 2 – check www.eurosport.com for details

USA
    Live on FOX Sports Soccer Channel – check http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule for details

CANADA
    Live on Setanta Sports at 0500 (ET)

ASIA
    Live in Hong Kong (1730) and Sri Lanka (1530) on Setanta Asia (www.setanta.com/asia)
    Live in Singapore at 1725 on Star Hub (SuperSports) (www.starhub.com)
    Live in Malaysia and Brunei at 1730 on Astro (AstroSuperSport)

NORTH AFRICA AND MIDDLE EAST
    Live on Orbit Showtime – check www.osnetwork.com for details

CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
    Live on Setanta Africa – check www.setanta.com/africa for details

REST OF THE WORLD
    LiveNRL.TV will provide online coverage to all other countries. Find out more at www.livenrl.tv

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

That's great stuff... However I don't think many yanks will be watching the Soccer Channel at 5am!

Except for our resident American Titan of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    That's great stuff... However I don't think many yanks will be watching the Soccer Channel at 5am!

Except for our resident American Titan of course!

I DON'T HAVE THE CHANNEL

My alarm is already set for the game though. I have more creative ways of getting my NRL fix

I love that Rusty is pushing the game here. Next step is getting some AMNRL matches on television somewhere. I wish it wasn't so concentrated on the east coast.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Well there is the USA RL now as well and there has been alot of growth the numbers of clubs together with the AMNRL and USARL.

yeah they have added teams in Seattle and Denver. Its a good steps forward.

I truly believe that if people here would sit down and watch the game they'd love it as much as the rest of us.

The game is fast paced, made for television, and just close enough to American football that I believe there is a HUGE market here for the game.

I think it was 2009 when NRL showed games on Spike TV here, it was pretty awesome. A channel like that which nearly everyone with cable has would be awesome to put rugby league on.

I think Rusty has the power to do it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post

YES!!! Exactly!!! That was two years ago unfortunately and it hasn't been back on!

I wish it would return to it (in high definition this time!)!

If you could be in charge of our USA strategy what would you do AmericanTitan? Including trying to get people playing and watching.

The response from Spike TV was awesome.

oh man DIEHARD that is a tough question, probably why the game hasn't taken off quite yet.

First I'd try to tie the game to something we know...oh wait, we already have a face for the game in movie superstar RUSTY CROWE!!! Its such an awesome thing to have star power like that tied to this great game.

I'd like to see NRL matches televised weekly on a channel that is in nearly every home. SpikeTV, Fox Sports Soccer, anything like that. Maybe even ESPN? Hell, they show POKER! Why not Rugby League? It doesn't have to be live, but even tape delay would be awesome.

ESPN has an online viewing service called ESPN3. They show Australian Rules Footy on there...I hate that game. Not even in the same realm as of quality of sport as rugby league. As a person born and raised in football (American football) crazy state like Nebraska I can relate to rugby league because of its similarities to NFL, etc.

Another idea would be to tie in with the NFL. More specifically the NFL Network. NFL Network shows the Arena Football League and it would make me wonder if they'd like a sport like league to also show on their channel.

Another idea I tossed around was maybe playing a "champions league" series between maybe the final four teams from ESL and NRL in a place like Philadelphia, Las Vegas, or Jacksonville. Or maybe even move the World Club Challenge to a place here in the States for a one off (of course, I think the Souths may have to be in it to have Rusty sign off on it).

There are plenty of ideas that could work, but at the forefront would be getting the game regularly on television in a decent time slot (tape delayed of course). I don't many, check that, ANY crazies like me who get up at ungodly hours in the middle of the night on a weekend to watch this great game! lol

another thing that would be good would be if the Tomahawks (our national rugby league team) would be able to finally qualify for the RLWC.

We have a great chance for 2013 since we're hosting the Atlantic qualifier against Jamaica and South Africa in November.

Go Tomahawks!

USA v JAMAICA v South Africa should be brilliant.

A shame that the RLIF rules that Canada can't Qualify.

I hope South Africa pull their finger out, out of all nations they have disappointed me the most, next to Russia. Well maybe Russia is #1 because at least they had something then let it slip away.

I'd like to see USA and Jamaica qualify, shame it cant happen.

I'm hoping they show the matches online somewhere like they did for the 2010 Atlantic Cup (between USA/Canada/Jamaica).

USA won the Atlantic Cup and beat Jamaica 36-26 in the process.

I'll be sure to post any links if they do decide to broadcast it.