Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Junior

Default Sharks target hitman Tagataese

Another one on the move maybe???? sooner than we think by the looks..
    below from GCBully

Sharks target hitman Tagataese

THE Cronulla Sharks are circling hard-hitting Titans forward Sam Tagataese, hunting a mid-season transfer as the player merry-go-round kicks into top gear.

After Gold Coast centre Esi Tonga yesterday confirmed a two-year deal with Parramatta, the Bulletin can reveal Tagataese is now being targeted by the Sharks, who are in the market for a prop.

It is understood Cronulla are hopeful the Titans will be happy to let Tagataese go to ease pressure on their salary cap for next season after a recent spending spree that has seen them snap up Nate Myles, Jamal Idris, Luke Douglas and Beau Champion.

But Titans boss Michael Searle yesterday dismissed concerns over the club's cap position.

With two marquee forwards (Myles and Douglas) joining the club next year and Bodene Thompson set to return to the pack upon the arrival of Idris and Champion, the Sharks could prove an attractive option for Tagataese. If the deal goes through, Tagataese could line up for the Sharks as early as Sunday week against the Storm.The move would also be enough to give Titans skipper Scott Prince nightmares, with the club's chief playmaker sure to be targeted when the Gold Coast host Cronulla in five weeks' time in Round 16.

Searle said he was yet to receive an official approach from the Sharks but was aware of the situation.

Tagataese signed a three-year deal with the Titans just last season.

"I don't know if we would let him go to be honest," Searle said.

"Unless Sammy came to us and said he wanted to go for personal reasons or he was going to get an opportunity that was extraordinary, we would look at it.

"Carty (Titans coach John Cartwright) is away in Origin camp, so we wouldn't do anything before Carty had a chance to chat to Sam."

They have alot of money to spend, the offer may be irresistable. But we want to keep him and so we should.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

i dont understand he signed a 3 year contract last year and now he can just go right now

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i dont understand he signed a 3 year contract last year and now he can just go right now
    Only if the Titans allow it, he could appeal to us if it is an impressive offer and we could weigh up what is the fairest thing to do.

But I'd KEEP HIM. I replayed his hit on Foran about 20 times.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    Nate Myles also had a contract with the Roosters next season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

man nrl contracts are loopy, people should just make clauses in the contract to keep them in the contract unless they suck

He's not going anywhere
    #itaintweaktospeak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0CZuckOOzM
    how can u let that go? sooo yummy to watch

Tagataese is a homeless man. He's played in the centres and backrow but has frontrow written all over him - he's our version of Thaiday and needs to be persevered with. Bull is approaching his use-by date and Henderson/White are never going to set the world on fire.

James/Bailey/Douglas/Tagataese should be our rotation. Myles is a backrow workhorse and not a yards man.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Tagataese is a homeless man. He's played in the centres and backrow but has frontrow written all over him - he's our version of Thaiday and needs to be persevered with. Bull is approaching his use-by date and Henderson/White are never going to set the world on fire.

James/Bailey/Douglas/Tagataese should be our rotation. Myles is a backrow workhorse and not a yards man.
    100% agree, It's not too confusing in the front row for big Sam. Grab the ball and do a hit up, see someone running at him...annihilate him

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    100% agree, It's not too confusing in the front row for big Sam. Grab the ball and do a hit up, see someone running at him...annihilate him
    But 10 tackles is not enough for his bench time & I'll say it again he ain't goin anywhere
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    But 10 tackles is not enough for his bench time
    100% agree with that but I think Teke's correct, a clear mission to grab hold of rather than try to fill the Mr Fixit role should give him the focus he needs to up his workrate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Def agree, would hate to see what happened to some of our old players happen to Taga. Played out of position with us then let go. Upon playing in their preferred/correct position, they go on to do very well for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    But 10 tackles is not enough for his bench time & I'll say it again he ain't goin anywhere
    Yeah I know he aint going anywhere. In this squad I think he could easily cover for Hendo in the front row. The depth in our backrow will always see him shift from Q Cup to 18th man to bench player.

I say unleash him up front

I want to see him up front too, but his workrate has to increase. That will happen as a natural part of playing in the front row and not on the edge. He is our Dave Taylor, a player with all the talent in the world, we just need him to use it more (ps. I'm not saying he is fat and lazy, just he needs to do more in games). If we replaced Henderson with Tagataese we'd lose 15-20 tackles around 10-15 hit-ups and probably gain a mistake or two. Henderson may not be as flashy as Taga but he has a far superior work rate and is a more solid and reliable proposition at the moment.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!