• NSW 7-12

1 6.67%
  • NSW 13-18

0 0%
  • NSW 19+

2 13.33%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

gas was pretty bad imo , bird played well

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTitan View Post
    I know the numbers say you go for goal, but when Queensland decided to go for 2 instead of keeping the pressure on that could very well cost them the game.

Awful decision.
    In hindsight, you could say that because Thurston missed the kick...but I still agree with you.
    We had our foot on their throat at that stage and could only make it 2 tries away for a draw with the kick..."simple maths" my ****...taking the tap and getting another try puts them out of the game...at the least we would have got another drop out and worn them down.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTitan View Post
    do you guys think Stuart will move Hayne or Idris into the side and take Gasnier out?
    No way would Hayne or Idriss make the starting side when u consider how well Dugan & Jennings played ,Gaz is too good to be dropped but Hayne should come on the bench for Young & they just need to swap King with Douglas
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    In hindsight, you could say that because Thurston missed the kick...but I still agree with you.
    We had our foot on their throat at that stage and could only make it 2 tries away for a draw with the kick..."simple maths" my ****...taking the tap and getting another try puts them out of the game...at the least we would have got another drop out and worn them down.
    yes, exactly. How many sets in a row before that had NSW defended? It had to be close to 5 or 6?

I don't think they could have held out much longer but the missed kick gave them momentum.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

The two biggest impact players in the NRL are both 18th man (Taylor and Idris)
    Stuff NSW...lets get Taylor on the bench and drop Parker.

I thought we had Cronk on the bench as a utility...why did Mal use him as a forward taking hits up.

NSW dominated once our bench came on!

Pearce scored a try, won't be dropped, so there goes NSW's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Pearce scored a try, won't be dropped, so there goes NSW's hope.
    Yeah...he didn't show much in attack and why was he kicking out of trouble?
    Was Soward to nervous to kick or was Pearce over playing his hand or did Stuart stuff up?

QLD were their dominant self in the first 20 minutes. The lacklustre performances of the NSW props helped somewhat but Petero and Scott got QLD moving forward. Can't really find any faults in the QLD performance though other than the fact that they looked tired when NSW were starting to surge. Mitchell Pearce scored due to Petero's poor tackling attempt on Bird and Jennings almost scored when a gap somehow just opened up in front of him. As much as I like Corey Parker, he is a waste on the bench. Bring in Taylor for the late game impact that we needed when NSW were starting to gain the upper hand.

NSW had some standouts and some disappointments. Josh Dugan played alright, but I feel that NSW needed the spark that Hayne has provided in the past. What was Brett Morris thinking when he gifted Yoh Yeh a try? Michael Jennings looked good but also made a couple of errors which killed any early momentum that NSW could have gained. The defence of Jamie Soward was not a problem. Only missed 2 tackles while his halves partner Pearce missed 6. Pearce seemed to do a little too much kicking. Jason King was woeful in the opening 20 minutes. He was absolutely smashed by the QLD forward pack. Ennis should have started. Greg Bird was one of the best on the field. NSW received an instant boost when Mannah first came on. They needed that sort of energy from the start of the game.

It will be interesting to see how Ricky Stuart reacts and what sort of team we come up against in 3 weeks.

Yeah...he didn't show much in attack and why was he kicking out of trouble?
    Was Soward to nervous to kick or was Pearce over playing his hand or did Stuart stuff up?
    I doubt nerves had anything to do with it. Either Ricky screwed up and felt that having Pearce as the main playmaker would confuse QLD or Pearce took it upon himself to do everything.

Boyd's watched Soward and Gasnier train that move a thousand times...Why didn't Soward cut him out?
    While having 7 Dragons players in the team is great for NSW's combinations, having Boyd in the QLD team nullifies alot of that advantage. Especially when Boyd is one of the vital players in alot of our plays. Boyd read those passes to Gasnier very early and Soward made a mistake when he tried it again.

QLD Cup Titan

I thought it was a great game - love it when origin is competitive and fiery just like last night!!! Thought both Bird and Harro both played really well and am really looking forward to game 2 - I however, think it would be FANTASTIC to have a decider for game 3!!!!

How good was Matt Scott? Reminds me of Webcke. Probably the best prop going around at the moment.

Duggan seemed at home at Origin level, nothing stunning but he did the job. He is such a lanky bloke he reminds me of Brett Mullins and Gary Belcher. Ironically both of which were famous Raiders fullbacks.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

morning guys!

It sounds like some buzz is being made for the prime time replay of Origin 1 tonight on the Fox Soccer Channel here! Good news, because it was a hell of a game.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

I'd have Dallas Johnson in for Lillyman for Game 2.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I know the stats don't tell the whole story but what about this:

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match7113.html

Matt Scott - 15 hitups, 154 metres
    Petero - 16 hitups, 143 metres

Jason King - 4 hitups, 24 metres
    Kade Snowden - 6 hitups, 46 metres
    Trent Merrin - 5 hitups, 28 metres
    Tim Mannah - 7 hitups, 46 metres

So Matt Scott made more metres than all 4 NSW front rowers combined and Petero was only 1 metre less than the 4 of them.

I agree with Diehard that Dallas Johnson should come in for Jacob Lillyman and I also think Taylor should be in there for Parker. I know Qld rarely drop anyone from a winning team but I think these changes will cover for the improvement that NSW will have in game 2.

Great game!!!

I loved it, Matt Scott was awesome, that word is not good enough for him, he was simply brilliant.

And big Petro, they just killed it last night, we defiantly need another prop on the bench, when they came off we lost all go forward. I would have Shillo if fit, or Big Taylor. And drop Lillyman.

If either of our big guns Hodgo or inglis is fit, they slot straight back in also. Tonga showed pure grit playing injured the way he did.

really disturbed reading Birdies twitter this morning.

I made a comment about Bird earlier in the week, about his comments on Locky. I stick by them, i do not think our involvement with the NSW team helps our standing as a QLD club. Seeing Carty in the sheds, Bird making comments about Locky, and the color blue we chose for the titans strip, is an instant turn off for Qld fans. That said the comments sent to him by @cabonisgood were downright disgusting, and it makes me sick in the guts to think we have people in this country that can not define the difference between banter and threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

What a great game, too bad the result was disappointing Loved to see how the Blues held out the Maroons from 6 repeat sets on our line. Unfortunately, it was Queensland's continual line dropouts compared to the 1(?) dropout the Blues conjured.

Still, it was close and only decided in the final 5 minutes so I'd be quite happy if the majority of the Blue's squad was selected again although I'm sure some improvements can be made