Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Idris to set Dogs off leash

The Titans are bracing for an Idris-inspired Bulldogs, as their Origin stars back-up.

The battling Gold Coast Titans are bracing for a Jamal Idris-inspired Bulldogs as they sweat on Origin duo Ash Harrison and Greg Bird.

Prince would be forgiven for being a worried man ahead of their showdown - game two of a Suncorp Stadium doubleheader.

There are concerns over Queensland lock Harrison (shoulder), while NSW forward Bird is battling to back up following Wednesday night's Origin I.

It's the last thing the battling Titans need after learning Blues' hooker Michael Ennis will bolster the Bulldogs.

But towering Canterbury centre Jamal Idris looms as the biggest headache for Prince - literally.

Prince expects to be left black and blue by Idris, as the dreadlocked strike weapon vies for an Origin II NSW jersey.

And he couldn't wipe the smile off his face over the prospect.

'I have no doubt he will be lining me up - I just have to hold onto his locks and enjoy the ride,' Prince laughed.

But the Titans' plight is no laughing matter for Prince.

After the Titans (14th; 3-7 record) lost two straight before their last-round bye, coach John Cartwright is doing some major tinkering.

Prince is expected to switch from halfback to pivot, regular five-eighth Will Zillman to fullback and Preston Campbell to swap the No.1 jersey for No.7.

'We talked a bit (with Cartwright) about what was best for the team but only time will tell (if the switch works),' Prince said.

'It gives us another attacking point, we spread the kicking game a bit and Zilly can still have a ball-playing role.'

In another surprise, young hooker Matt Srama is on standby as an injury cloud hovers over Harrison and Bird.

'You would have to say they (Origin duo) are in doubt, but we will see how they pull up tomorrow,' Cartwright said.

The Titans will need all the help they can get against what looms as an Idris-inspired Bulldogs.

It will mark the first time Idris lines up against the Titans since announcing he will link with the Gold Coast on a lucrative deal from 2012.

'Jamal gets a chance tomorrow night to show what he can do and, if he can perform like he has in the early stages of the year, there's no reason why he won't throw his hat in the (Origin) ring,' Bulldogs' coach Kevin Moore said.

But Ennis' injection might prove the difference as Canterbury (8th; 5-5) try to snap a three-game losing run.

'Having Mick back is a real bonus for us,' Moore said.

'I think our halves last week got a little bit lost without Mick there, and I expect our attack to be a lot better.

'There's been a lot of positives over the last few weeks, even though we've come up with those losses.

'It was only two weeks ago that we really tested the premiers (St George Illawarra).'

http://bigpondnews.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Can't wait to se the actual side the titans are going to field... it will be good to see if Srama gets a run and Hoping for a win tonite... (Hopefully a BIG one)

Go the Sheds!

Late Mail: Back-rowers Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird are in doubt. John Cartwright has mentioned pushing Riley Brown into the second row as cover, with young gun Matt Srama to get some time at hooker. Srama, Joseph Tomane and Ben Ridge have been added to an extended bench.

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeam...8/Default.aspx
    6. Zillman
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    18. Tomane
    5. Mead
    7. Prince
    1. Campbell
    8. Bailey
    20. Srama
    10. Henderson
    4. Thompson
    12. Minichiello
    17. O'Dwyer

14. White
    15. James
    16. Tagataese
    9. Brown

Wouldn't be shocked to see something like this run out tonight.

that looks nearly spot on to me Boofhead if neither Bird nor Harro come back into the lineup.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    6. Zillman
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    18. Tomane
    5. Mead
    7. Prince
    1. Campbell
    8. Bailey
    20. Srama
    10. Henderson
    4. Thompson
    12. Minichiello
    17. O'Dwyer

14. White
    15. James
    16. Tagataese
    9. Brown

Wouldn't be shocked to see something like this run out tonight.
    Except i think Ridge will start at lock, Odwyer to the bench and Brown on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    Anyone heard what side we will run out with?

Harrison or Bird playing?

Tomane In?

Srama starting?

Zillman starting at fullback?
    SRAMA will definately start. They will target him early, and then decide to try other ptions as he will not let us down. This kid is a tackling machine whom will give us good service and another element to the style we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Not sure if I can bring myself to going up to this one, had enough long fail train rides home.

Edit: Saying that... we did win this fixture last year!
    Make the trip up BOOF, we are going to get our SH:"T together tonight and give the dogs a touchup. A few SCHOONERS will liven the train ride up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    Make the trip up BOOF, we are going to get our SH:"T together tonight and give the dogs a touchup. A few SCHOONERS will liven the train ride up for you.
    Way ahead of you mate, got the tickets and accommodation booked - will drive up so I can celebrate the win or drink to my sorrows.

Junior

Hi guys off to get the step daughter and then off to the game .

@Birdman_013
    Theyre pretty accurate RT @NRLGURU give us a heads up on the likelihood of u and Harro playing? Reports are suggesting both in serious doubt
    4 hours ago
    Pretty good indication... Be good if Birdie could play off the bench.

I would just like to say a big GOOD LUCK to Srama, enjoy the experience mate.

To the rest of the boys - lets continue to derail the Bulldogs season tonight.

apparently , dunno how accurate but harro is deffs not playing and bird has till kick off

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

good morning to you all (or evening in your case).

Titans twitter says Bird to the bench with Luke O'Dwyer to start. Ridge in for Ash Harrison and Matt Srama to debut in place of Brown.

could this start any worse?

the Bulldogs are so lucky.