Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    If he were at the Titans he would have a cult following and all would be good.
    you mean like Greg Bird?
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Michael Ennis? No way.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Prince and Presto key to success

SCOTT Prince and Preston Campbell have long added a little magic to the Gold Coast Titans attack.

They have scored 641 points between them in their 183 appearances for the blue and gold, and conjured up many winning plays.

Now assistant coach Steve Murphy believes the halves could be the double act needed for the Titans' struggling road show.

Despite a continued run of poor form and mounting speculation of a reshuffle, the Titans will field a virtually unchanged line-up for the fifth straight game tomorrow night.

Leaving William Zillman at five-eighth, head coach John Cartwright opted to keep Prince as halfback and Campbell at fullback for the stoush with Canterbury at Suncorp Stadium.

But his right-hand man, Murphy, admitted the option of having both magicians take centre stage together appealed to him.

Particularly as the Gold Coasters enter their Round 12 road trip in increasing need of a vanishing act out of the bottom three.

"I'd like to see how it eventuates down the track," Murphy said. "Maybe it might play out this week, we'll see what happens.

"They have swapped about the last few weeks anyway and have done most of their careers together. When one gets a little tired the other gets a bit closer."

The Titans have struggled to find a replacement five-eighth since Mat Rogers' retirement last season.

South Sydney recruit Luke Capewell failed to fire when given first crack and NSW enforcer Greg Bird was found to be better suited to the boiler room.

Zillman has manned the post admirably since Round 5 but has been found wanting in the playmaker role. But having suffered their seventh loss against Manly last start it was understood Cartwright was poised to move Campbell to seven, Prince to six and Zillman back to one.

While people will argue not reshuffling is good for cohesion, the reality is the 17 as they currently stand have failed to produce results.

Although Cartwright opted against trialling another option this week Murphy said one may be rolled out in the coming rounds.

"There's not much difference these days between six and seven anyway," Murphy said.

"Princey often plays at six during ball work. He plays two passes wide of the ruck and he plays first receiver. Whether Carty sees it as a viable option or not I'm sure he'll let people know in due course."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I read that neither Bird nor Harro were in training today and are in major doubt to back up for the match Friday.

Also read Srama will debut this week.

Source: GC Bulletin's Luke Turgeon's twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTitan View Post
    I read that neither Bird nor Harro were in training today and are in major doubt to back up for the match Friday.

Also read Srama will debut this week.

Source: GC Bulletin's Luke Turgeon's twitter
    They both played 80 minutes of Origin, of course they won't be training! From body language after the game I thought they pulled up ok - guess we will see.

Be good to see Srama on the bench.

yeah I agree Boofhead. When I read it I was thinking "duh!" The guys played their hearts out last night, clearly they need and deserve time off

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    They both played 80 minutes of Origin, of course they won't be training! From body language after the game I thought they pulled up ok - guess we will see.

Be good to see Srama on the bench.
    I'd prefer to see him start the match , drop Brown & Chalky can fill in when required
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'd prefer to see him start the match , drop Brown & Chalky can fill in when required
    I agree. I cant wait to see how Srama goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

looks like Michael Ennis was cleared.

http://www.nrl.com/ennis-cleared-of-...medium=twitter

Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis has been cleared of stomping on Queensland player Cooper Cronk in the first half of Wednesday night's State of Origin clash.

Video footage of an incident late in the first half shows Ennis stepping on Cronk's leg after the Queensland utility had tackled NSW forward Trent Merrin.

While match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said there was no doubt Ennis had "deliberately" put his foot on Cronk's leg, there was absolutely no evidence to support claims he had stomped on him.

"If it was stomping, we'd be talking about the possibility of a heavy suspension," McCallum told AAP shortly after reviewing the 36th-minute incident.

McCallum, a former top flight referee, said Ennis had put his foot on Cronk's lower leg and lost his balance, making the incident look worse than it probably was.

"Cronk didn't react, there was no sign of any injury and he got to his feet and went back into the next play.

"It was one of those incidents. It was a niggling incident by Ennis, designed to try and get some reaction."

McCallum said Ennis's action warranted a penalty but had gone unnoticed on the field.

The game ended on a sour note with players from both sides pushing and shoving each other.

The decision means Ennis is free to play for the Bulldogs against the Titans in the second game of Friday night's NRL double header at Suncorp Stadium.
    Last edited by AmericanTitan; 26-05-11 at 02:14 PM.

Luke_Turgeon
    How's this for a broken nose! No wonder u got a couple black eyes @AshHarro #gctitans yfrog.com/h8n52ygvj
    5 minutes ago
    Yikes!

Shift Thompson to pack and bring Tomane to centres if Harro is out?

Poor Ash he puts his body on the line and every Origin he pays for it. I was hoping this would be an exception.

Origin Duo Given Til Last Minute To Prove Fitness
    Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will give State of Origin duo Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird until tomorrow to prove themselves fit for Friday night’s double-header against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

The duo both pulled up with ‘general soreness’ out of last night’s Origin match and Coach John Cartwright said he would reassess their fitness on game-day before making a final decision.

“They’re not injured but it’s just soreness,’’ said Cartwright.

“It’s a tough game to play when you’re fully healthy. They both played 80 minutes in Origin so you’d have to say they’re in doubt but we’ll give them until tomorrow and see how they pull up.

“You get a general read on them with their body language so I’ll talk to them tomorrow.

“We trained together during the week without them so whoever plays will be prepared

http://www.titans.com.au/

Junior Titan

Any idea who would drop out for Srama?

Hopefully Brown, but Carty will probably play Srama off the bench.

Jeez poor Harrison lol, I'm a Blue's supporter but admire the effort he puts in for the Maroons.

Interesting to see Srama named. I really hope he goes well and can play out the rest of this season as our hooker/sharing it with Lawton.

Default Idris to set Dogs off leash - Titans

By Laine Clark and Samuel McKeith AAP Thu, May 26, 2011 - 7:28 PM

Doubts over State of Origin duo Ash Harrison and Greg Bird have not stopped Gold Coast teammate Scott Prince seeing the funny side of Friday night's crunch NRL clash with Canterbury.

Prince would be forgiven for being a worried man ahead of their showdown - game two of a Suncorp Stadium doubleheader.

There are concerns over Queensland lock Harrison (shoulder), while NSW forward Bird is battling to back up following Wednesday night's Origin I.

It's the last thing the battling Titans need after learning Blues' hooker Michael Ennis will bolster the Bulldogs.

But towering Canterbury centre Jamal Idris looms as the biggest headache for Prince - literally.

Prince expects to be left black and blue by Idris, as the dreadlocked strike weapon vies for an Origin II NSW jersey.

And he couldn't wipe the smile off his face over the prospect.

"I have no doubt he will be lining me up - I just have to hold onto his locks and enjoy the ride," Prince laughed.

But the Titans' plight is no laughing matter for Prince.

After the Titans (14th; 3-7 record) lost two straight before their last-round bye, coach John Cartwright is doing some major tinkering.

Prince is expected to switch from halfback to pivot, regular five-eighth Will Zillman to fullback and Preston Campbell to swap the No.1 jersey for No.7.

"We talked a bit (with Cartwright) about what was best for the team but only time will tell (if the switch works)," Prince said.

"It gives us another attacking point, we spread the kicking game a bit and Zilly can still have a ball-playing role."

In another surprise, young hooker Matt Srama is on standby as an injury cloud hovers over Harrison and Bird.

"You would have to say they (Origin duo) are in doubt, but we will see how they pull up tomorrow," Cartwright said.

The Titans will need all the help they can get against what looms as an Idris-inspired Bulldogs.

It will mark the first time Idris lines up against the Titans since announcing he will link with the Gold Coast on a lucrative deal from 2012.

"Jamal gets a chance tomorrow night to show what he can do and, if he can perform like he has in the early stages of the year, there's no reason why he won't throw his hat in the (Origin) ring," Bulldogs' coach Kevin Moore said.

But Ennis' injection might prove the difference as Canterbury (8th; 5-5) try to snap a three-game losing run.

"Having Mick back is a real bonus for us," Moore said.

"I think our halves last week got a little bit lost without Mick there, and I expect our attack to be a lot better.

"There's been a lot of positives over the last few weeks, even though we've come up with those losses.

"It was only two weeks ago that we really tested the premiers (St George Illawarra)."