Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Nine News: Laffranchi in extreme doubt after rolling his ankle.
    ####!!!!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-05-11 at 12:36 AM.

"You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

if hes not 100% dont play him

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTitan View Post
    It's a move that was bound to happen at some stage, he needs to be out wider doing his stuff. He will tear it up at 5/8

Junior Titan

Team in:

1 Preston Campbell
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 William Zillman
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Michael Henderson
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE
    14 Matt White
    15 Ryan James
    16 Sam Tagataese
    17 Luke O'Dwyer

From the club website.

Real shame not to have Lafrranchi on board, would love to hear if his training injury was serious or not.

Dissappointing not to see ridge in the team.

And i would prefer lawton at 9.

Oh well i knew it was going to be a long year.

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

With Henderson in the team we are going to struggle.

Banned

oh carty you fool you gave tomane only one chance tsk tsk and still not giving a chance to walker after campbell has played mediocre, henderson i would sub out for ridge and put bodene/taga at prop

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    With Henderson in the team we are going to struggle.
    Are saying Michael Henderson is the Titans problem atm ?

I would point the finger at a couple of players before Henderson

Really interesting if Prince moves to the 6. Even if he does tear it up there and Campbell also plays well at halfback, how does this go for solving our long term problems? If we stick by this for the rest of the year, what if Presto retires or doesn't want to play 80 minutes next year? While this could work for this season, I can see it as a big problem for next year, particularly when this is meant to be our 'rebuilding' year

Same ol' team really. God knows why Brown is still in there.

The Prince to six thing I suggested a couple of weeks ago. I love the idea and it will take some of the pressure off him and let him do what he loves best which is feed the backline. Presto is a temporary solution at half but Luke Capewell is definitely a long term proposition and let's hope he is getting time there in the QCup. Would love to see this trialled for a few weeks and then Capewell brought on to the bench to run at halfback and provide the back-up utility role and perhaps even some hooker. Really distraught that Brown is still there. We look terrible when he is providing the service. I also get annoyed that teams don't bother to name the side they intend to use. I hope we do line-up with Prince at 6, will be an interesting experiment.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Prince seemed to look like he was trying to play more second receiver last week not just in the try he scored but on a couple of other plays in the first half. The backline does look slicker with him out there but only when he gets good service from the inside. It will be interesting to see how Carty goes about this. Does Preston defend in the front line or at Fullback and then switch to Half in attack?

I'm looking forward to seeing Tonga and James play they are improving every week especially James. Its good to see him starting to bend the line back when he runs the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    The Prince to six thing I suggested a couple of weeks ago. I love the idea and it will take some of the pressure off him and let him do what he loves best which is feed the backline.

Presto is a temporary solution at half but Luke Capewell is definitely a long term proposition and let's hope he is getting time there in the QCup. Would love to see this trialled for a few weeks and then Capewell brought on to the bench to run at halfback and provide the back-up utility role and perhaps even some hooker. Really distraught that Brown is still there. We look terrible when he is providing the service. I also get annoyed that teams don't bother to name the side they intend to use. I hope we do line-up with Prince at 6, will be an interesting experiment.
    Prince is the HB/C he should be able to deal with the pressure since he is experienced.

I never liked Preston at HB he is not that player who is going to control the team, F8 is his best position.

6. Prince
    7. Presto
    This will not help that team at all.

If prince can't start performing, Capewell and Zillman need to be in the halves.

In my opinion Prince played very well last week. At the start of the year he had some issues with defence and taking the ball to the line but I think he's sorted that out. Zillman is not a half he doesnt have the passing or kicking game. Maybe he can develop this if he stays there for the rest of the year but to me he is a ball runner.

Prince doesnt look as good as he usually would because he is getting absolutely no help from his 1, 6 and 9. Putting Capewell and Zillman into the halves to drop Prince is just stupid I can just imagine how disjointed our attack would look.

This theory that came about that Prince is such a good half that you only need a ball runner in the 6 may have worked a few years ago but with the way defences are these days you need two guys who can pass and put plays on.